ksfrick
I didn't know how I would live without my Bubba for a day and now it's been 4 weeks.  I will never stop missing him, never stop wishing he was here for one more day, even one more hour.

I recently had that feeling I am sure a lot of you do.  I felt like no one in my life was or could be here for me.  In those times I always had Bubba.  I hadn't been truly alone since he came into my life 11 years ago.  I am trying to feel his presence, I really need him.

I had a friend who died a year ago March.  She knew how much Bubba meant to me and that she was dying and he was just hanging on.  She told me before she died she had bought a condolence card she or her Mom would send when we lost Bubba.  Her Mom sent the card right after it happened and it never came.  I hope it will just show up one of these days.  Having that thought from my friend who I miss so much (and was someone I shared all my darkest thoughts with) and who knew what Bubba was in my life would be so comforting.

Strength and love to all of us suffering this loss.

Bubba's Mom
Bubba's Mom
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Kate 4 weeks and you think ‘how am I still standing?’ It feels like soo much longer since Bubba was in your arms, yet you feel that last hour as if it’s happening now. I know you’ll never stop longing for his presence we just want them back soo desperately. With the exception of someone’s life, I would give anything. We are supposed to accept them in spirit alone, what choice do we have, but we are living feeling touching beings so we will forever mourn that physical loss.
I love the thoughtfulness of your friend, she knew the depths of your love and the bond shared with your beloved Bubba. I can imagine them both watching over you and being buds, they have a great love for you in common🐾❣️
I hope the letter arrives for your comfort,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Tankie you wrote, "it feels like soo much longer since Bubba was in your arms, yet you feel that last hour as if it’s happening now." Exactly this!!! I think we're all amazed at how long it's been and that we've made it this far!

Thinking of you both
Quote 0 0
tazmoe
It's been exactly a month for me too since I lost my Kona. Yesterday I came across a memento box my niece was saving for me. It had all of Kona's saved memories. His leash, collar, some of his favorite treats, and some other trinkets. I broke down in tears as I went though the box.

I still haven't accepted that he is gone. Every night I go to sleep and hope that this is all a bad dream. I want to wake up tomorrow and see him sleeping in his bed. Of course that's not possible. Every morning his bed is empty, and that's how it will stay until I see him again at Rainbow Bridge.

Sending you my thoughts and prayers. Hope you make it through this ordeal.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Sergio,
Sometimes I like to sneak a second peek at his bed in the livingroom.... sometimes he'd be a slow poke and I have to call him to our room 💔❤
Quote 0 0