Dalidog
Today is 4 weeks at 8:00a.m.  I was looking forward to spending the day with you as you felt better and your meds were in your system, didn't even know you were very sick.  You looked good, sitting under the barstool watching me that morning.  How could I know my world would end that day.  I'm so sorry for not realizing.  All the little things I remember have become the big things in my life.  I think of you every minute and wonder what could have changed things and why why why.  The why's and guilt still consume me.  You never got very sick, always had shiny eyes and a bright coat, could hear things a mile away, and loved to play.  How could it have been your time?  I love you my Dali, I am so sorry things are like they are.  I wake up crying, panic attacks, and had a break down last night thinking how long it has been since I have seen you and held you and at the thought that you aren't here and won't be.  I really don't know how to go on.  Thank you for sending me to this site, for the other signs I know you have sent me.  You will always be the light of my life and I miss that light.  Balloons this morning, for you.  Hugs to everyone and every pet at the bridge.  Play my baby, and don't forget me please. DSCN4328 (3).JPG

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
“The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief. But the pain of grief is only a
 shadow when
compared with the pain of never risking love.”

(Hilary Stanton Zunin)

Dali was beautiful and will always remember you and wait patiently until you are together again.

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
loft2111
I'm crying as I read this, I feel your pain through your words. I am so sorry you have to go through this but please don't blame yourself. Dogs do not show pain as humans do, there is no way for you to have known she wasn't feeling well. It was likely her heart, we don't know when our loved ones suffer a heart attack until it's too late. You could not have known. Dali is happy and it's her 4 week! I will be there in 4 days and understand your pain. It's so very hard to come to terms with the loss. It won't be easy for us or anyone else but our babies would want us to move forward.
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Thanks for the kind words.  Today has been especially hard.  I cried half the night last night.  My book "pets and the afterlife"  as well as a stone that says I'll meet you at the bridge came today.  Good day for both to come I guess.  Looking for ways to make things easier, I know my Dali would not be happy with me being sad.  I am trying... I walked and sang to her this morning, used to do that a lot

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0
loft2111
I'm glad you got the book, hopefully you will find some comfort as you read it.  Hope you're doing well, I'm thinking of you during this difficult day.  I'm sure Dali is missing you so very much.  She's happy playing and running with my Little Man.  I hope he's being a gentleman :)
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Thank you.  I am trying not to cry too much.  Not easy at all.  I smile at the thought of them playing together

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
I found a piece of Dali's long beautiful hair on my vanity this morning.  Do not know how it got there, but it was there.  I gently picked it up and thanked her and put it in my drawer with other treasures of her.  The little things mean so much now.  Thank you Dali

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0
loft2111
That was a sign from her! She's given you so many signs, hoping you find some peace. She's worried about you and wants you to know she is okay!
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
I think it was too.  Been 4 weeks and I have been at that vanity many times, it was not there.  I have been reading the book I got.  It has a lot of insight and makes me so happy because it validates that she is not really gone forever, just changed and happy.  I'm going to ask her tonight to come to me in my dreams as the book says, I hope it works.  Really sad day, felt horrible all day, cried a lot, read book, talked to her, worked on her story.  I hope you are doing okay today.

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0
fonziesmom
So many things that you post echo my thoughts. Tomorrow is just a week. I'm still a raw mess. My family is already losing patience...can't blame a 3 year old.
I just lose it at every little thing. The guilt is consuming. Takes my breath away and I panic thinking how healthy he was and then how very, very sick he become so very fast.
Absolutely takes my breath away. I don't know if i will ever get over this. I will love and miss him forever. But this guilt and grief...I can't take it. God, how I miss his smell, his sounds, his eyes. How he and I always made sure we knew where the other was.
I will love and miss you forever, My Fonzie Bear...
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
We all seem to have the same thoughts, grief, guilt, and sadness.  I know I will never get over losing my Dali.  My family doesn't even mention her anymore and that kills me.  I was always making sure she didn't get locked in a room accidentally (she would sit and wait until someone came back) or left outside.  Since she left I still keep looking and thinking "where's Dali".  The emptiness gets worse it seems as time passes, as I haven't been away from her for this long in so many years.  She, too, would look for me, wait for me.  Would always come in the room where I was and follow me around.  I so miss my baby.  I can't cook, clean, shop, pay bills NOTHING.  Every time I try to do anything I remember the last time I did it and where she was exactly.  Not sure how to cope anymore, nothing has meaning.  Just going through the motions these days, she took my heart with her to rainbow bridge.

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0