jackson64
Its been four weeks today that I had to put my sweet Jack to sleep...I still miss him sooo much! As you guys know, I rescued two dogs, yorkies, Bandit and Baxter. They have filled the void, but I am having a hard time loving them, dont get me wrong, I would never let anything happen to them and I take great care of them.....they are SO SWEET! But...I  still miss my Jack.  I think about him all the time. I just miss him so much. Ive been blessed with these two... I just still miss My Jack... Sorry, just had to vent!!
Tricia
Quote 0 0
ImissSherby
I totally understand the way you are feeling. My Sherby died on August 6th. My partner and I brought a rescue doggie home two days ago. He is also a very sweet dog who is full of love and joy. I feel like my heart is literally broken and unable to love. I like this dog alot and am loving watch him really bond with my partner since she is able to give him the love I cannot seem to make my heart feel. My hope is that my heart can open up and be filled with love again, but for now it is protecting itself. :-( 
If love alone could have kept your here, you would have been here forever.
Quote 0 0
jackson64
Ohhhh, you said it perfect. Opening up your heart!  I hope I can do that. I try so hard. You are right, for now I am protecting myself. My hope is that I can love these dogs, they deserve it!! I just feel like Im going through the  motions. No one can ever replace Jack, I know that! Bandit and Baxter are great companions, I just want to give them the best I  can....I know Jack would want that!!  I just miss him sooo much!!
Tricia
Quote 0 0
Katel
To both of you I can only say I understand how you feel as I have adopted pets soon after the others passed and of course loved them but felt my heart was closed.   But in time I found they just had a way of creeping into my grieving heart and slowly it opened to them so they became beloved.
You have given new little ones a loving home and that's wonderful.    You will always miss your lost ones but somehow I found rescuing lonely needy creatures to help me to heal.
Blessings to you both.

Kate 
Quote 0 0
Kylea
Sorry about your loss of Jack. It is completely normal for you to feel the way you do. Bailey passed 3 and a half months ago. We got Zoey shortly after she passed. Zoey has helped me so much but I still miss my Bailey. Zoey will never be my Bailey. Some days, I struggle with Zoey too. I love Zoey but not for the same reasons I love Bailey. I am so thankful for Zoey in my life and that Bailey gave me a reason to love another dog again. 

When I spend time with Zoey and love her, I know Bailey is happy up above. She is happy that I am able to love another girl as much as I love her. I know your new dogs are not Jack but you have a deep love for them and that is what matters. Jack is happy that you had love left in your heart to love another dog. That is truly and honor to him.

I will be praying for you as it takes time to grieve.
Kylea Barton
Quote 0 0
mymilo
I just loss my baby Milo a week ago, I finally am able to think about getting another dog. When do you think is the right time? I love Milo so much I just want to make sure I will be fair when ever I get another dog. I know it won't be the same, I will always miss my baby, and I will always love him. But I also want the new puppy to feel love. I know right now I'm not ready to give my love to another puppy, but I hope someday I will be able to.
Quote 0 0
Guinivere
I know how you feel.My beloved Bubba,a Weiner dog,passed on as of three weeks ago tomorrow.We have two other doxins as well.All of them were unwanted.Bubba was a force of nature!!! He was my best friend and my life was okay as long as he was in it.I've been a wreck since I had to have him put down.As for Pepper and Max,I've been doing my best to keep things as happy as possible.I know Pepper misses him too but Max came to us a year and a half ago and he wasn't around Bubba for many years as Pepper had.I've been trying to take all the love in my heart for Bubba and give it to Pepper and Max.Don't get me wrong,I love them but they're not Bubba.He had such a strong personality! But I've been really trying to get to know their personalities better and I'm realizing more each day that they are a blessing to me.I don't think I could get through this without them.But I just want Bubba back so badly and the pain I feel is overwhelming.I'm trying to open myself up to these two beautiful creatures that still need me but I feel as if I'm forcing myself.It's hard to love when you hurt so badly and I know they can't take Bubba's place.But I also know that they have their own places in my heart and I need to explore that.Maybe a new chapter is being written and I hope it has a happy ending!
Jb
Quote 0 0