meganrose577
Today marks 4 months without the little toe taps of my puppy in my apartment. Scout was only 4 months old when he suddenly and violently passed away (you can read my previous post for the story). It’s been getting easier but jeez it really really sucks. My boyfriend took a job out of state so I’m in my apartment all alone most of the time, the silence is the worst part. I find myself constantly turning on music or the TV to distract myself from the quiet. I donated most of Scouts things to my neighbor who has a pup, but I still have some of his toys and his bed in my office. I can’t bring myself to get rid of them, somehow they bring me comfort. Most days I can get away without thinking of him, but days like this hit harder than most. Just wanted to update everyone on the grieving process. It does get better, and it’s always going to suck, but it does get better with time.
Quote 0 0
arianajimenez7
I am so sorry for your loss. I know Scout is so happy and strong and healthy at Rainbow Bridge. I also know that he must miss you terribly and loves you tremendously as you do him. I just lost my sweet Ruby 3 days ago and it truly feels like the pain gets worse as another day passes because it becomes more and more real. I'm trying so hard to be strong but it's hard when the constant silence in my house that was once filled with her reminds me of her being gone. Sending you all my love and hugs and just know that I am thinking about you and Scout. Time is not a measure of the love that two beings share for each other. 
Quote 0 0
meganrose577
arianajimenez7 you and I have extremely similar stories, take comfort in knowing that you’re not alone. This forum is here for people like us with terrible experiences who are reaching out for help. It gets better, I wish you the best in your grieving for your Ruby
Quote 0 0