MissingScooty
Four months ago today Scooter passed in my arms at 2:00 a.m. I won't torture myself with the details again. I am dog sitting for a dear friend which started last night. Her dog is obviously missing her family and seems forlorn. Not eating, and looking for them. I am starting to feel guilty for the times I left Scooter to go see my parents, both now also dead. I always left him in good hands, with friends, but still, I am sure he missed me. Friends told me he too did not eat the first day or two.
The one good thing about today is I took my friend's dog for a walk , which made her happy, and showed me how out of shape I am in! I walked Scooter so much when he was alive :(
I miss the walks with him...how he knew to take a left when I said "field" at the condo complex I live.
I miss how he "arroooooeed" when I came home - sort of like a cute baying howl. Or sometimes just whined happily
I miss how he made little excited noises in the car when we were a couple miles from home, or near someone's house he liked visiting
I miss how he licked my hands and face when he knew I was sick or sad
I miss how he contentedly sucked on his toys like a baby, with his eyes closed.
I miss how he would fiercely and loudly bark, sounding like a huge dog, if the doorbell rang. (one time at work a UPS driver laughed loudly when he saw his small size after hearing the bark)
These is just the beginning of what I miss about my very best friend for the last 14 1/2 years
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
Mackysmum
Scooter sounds beautiful my macky licked my face and hands to when i was crying they really are do in tune with us.
It's nice you could walk your friends dog it brought you nice memories about walking Scooter , i miss my walks with macky it was our time alone , you know .
14 1/2 years is such a long time the connection doesn't ever leave even after they are no longer with us , how nice it would be to be able to live all those years again, I'dgive anything to re do it all again .
Quote 1 0
Nellysmom
This hurts my heart to read. I lost my Nelly two nights ago. My greatest fear is that she felt abandoned by me the 2.5 days she was in the hospital being monitored. I am so worried she missed me and thought I had abandoned her with strangers when she needed me most. The ache in my heart is so strong.
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Melissa, I know your heart is still aching! I am sure sorry.

I imagine doggy sitting has brought out many, many memories and thoughts of Scooter. 

Look at you, sharing some precious things he used to do. I love reading your list. He sounds completely precious.

So he would veer right over toward the field, when you said to. Smart, smart boy!  And it sounds like he treasured his toys!

BTW, Marissa had a cute aroo sound, as well. I would often reply, "Aroo to you too!'

I hope the rest of your time pet sitting goes well and that the loneliest feelings for Scooter will lift. 

Sending you warm thoughts and hugs...
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Melissa,
I send some hugs to you. Your list moved my heart ... what a precious boy. I imagined him contentedly sucking on his toys... so so lovely. Those memories are so precious, Melissa - they bring tears but also a smile I hope.
My good thoughts are with you
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
msweet13
Dearest Melissa- I have just read your heartfelt remembrances of your precious Scooter on his 4 month angel-versary. I could very easily write the same thing remembering my Brutus. We do have so much in common with our experiences as you pointed out in your recent heartfelt post for my Brutus. I know this may be a long grief journey and together, along with the other wonderful people on this forum, we will get through it. I keep telling myself that but I am still in a very dark place as my Bru will have only been gone 6 weeks this coming Friday. But from this darkness, I want to again extend warmest hugs and comfort to your heart from mine that you find comfort and peace. God bless.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0