msbrown5 Show full post »
Bailey15
Wow! I can't believe your mother in law said that. For those of us who were lucky enough to have a wonderful dog (cat or any other pet to live) they are just like our babies. We play with them, look after them, feed them, take them to the doctor, etc, and in return we get the most unconditional and pure love and I feel that is part of why the loss is so devastating. Our 4 legged friends give us such a rare love and acceptance no matter what.... I feel sorry for people who never experience that. They don't know what they are missing out on but you knew and Joey knew! You gave him a wonderful life - his beautiful pictures are proof of that.
Good luck tomorrow! Hang in there and look forward to seeing your mom who really understands. It will give you a chance to mourn for him with someone who understands. (My mother loved Bailey so much too. She still cries for him every day.)
We all feel your pain here as well and understand what you are going through.
Sending you hugs!!
MJ

Quote 0 0
LisaR
Oh my I nearly thought I wrote this I have just been through something similar on Sunday I put my baby border collie down she was 9, I know this was a few years ago anyways we couldn't run tests to pin point the exact problem she didn't look in pain but looked sad as she was paralysed from her waist downband had no deep pain in her toes at all, and I know all she wanted to do was run around try to get out the room, I had a choice of the op or steroids and I'm in my early pregnancy stage so everyone is thinking of me and the baby and I have a 3 year old to so couldn't see me being able to deal with both of them, I regret it dearly and wish she was still here so I can hug her she was perfectly fine the Saturday no problems what's so ever that we noticed 🙁 did you manage in the end? This is really hard I keep blaming myself that I chose wrong as it wasn't just my input it was my family to but they knew how much she meant to me
Quote 0 0
msbrown5
I’m so sorry you have had to go through this. After 2 years it is still hard but we did what we had to do. My dog loved to run and play around. He was not going to live a life he wanted to and I know I couldn’t care for him. We were willing to put him in a wheelchair but at the time we lived on a second story apartment. It just wasn’t possible and a week later we had our daughter. I know we made the choice that we had to make. You will get through this just know you had no choice.
Quote 0 0
LisaR
Thankyou for your reply one of the things that bugs me is we couldn't get the MRI for her to find out where and what happened but she had all the symptoms and I believe it could of been Degenerative Myelopathy as it happened so sudden with no warning maybe it was slowely happening over the past few days I can only guess she defo had no deep pain tho at all
Quote 0 0
msbrown5
Don’t blame yourself or feel bad because you couldn’t get an mri done. We opted out of a survey with a I think 60 percent chance of working at 4K. I couldn’t afford it especially right before having my baby. I wrote a letter to my dog and put it in a box with all the things of his. I apologized to him and told him what we dealt with and how much I loved him. It helped me heal more. He was my first baby. I hope you find comfort soon. Dogs are the best.
Quote 0 0
LisaR
Awwww thankyou, I loved her deeply feel sad I didn't have as much time for her since my little girl but I think she understood, she was basicly my first baby had a hamster before that but long term pet she was my first and gave me a great 9 years
Quote 0 0
Cdkw123
I'm in a very similar situation. I just lost my furbaby and I'm 40 weeks pregnant. My dog was my first baby and it hurts so much to know he will not get to meet my son once he is here. He used to lay on my stomach and wouldn't let anyone close. I have the same feelings of not being as excited for this baby to come. (Don't get me wrong I love this baby but how do I look forward to something when my heart is broken from loosing my sweet dog) I hope once my son is here things will change but I'm so scared the grief of losing my furbaby will be overwhelming still.
Quote 0 0
LisaR
I'm still early pregnancy but I had a early miscarriage last year, so everyone has been concerned and caring for me this time around and didn't want me to have to deal with loads especially having to help my dog get through something so awful as paralysis and relearning things and avoiding hurting herself, I'm hoping to god I made the right decision, she was my everything that and my 3 year old of course I wasn't expecting this so soon it hurts so much and feel like I killed my furbaby 🙁 I really hope it was the right time for her she just didn't look herself on that one single day
Quote 0 0
Breezy2013
It is normal to be so sad.  My MIL all she wanted to talk about was me and my husbands upcoming wedding when myh dad died.  Three days after he was buried she sent me an article about steps to get ready for a wedding and it infuriated me.  It has really damaged my relationship with her and positive feelings towards her, never to recover.  Can you postpone the dinner?  Just seems like trouble brewing.
If love could have saved you you never would have died.
Quote 0 0
Breezy2013
Just noticed, that post was back in 2016.  My apologies.

If love could have saved you you never would have died.
Quote 0 0