NTB
It was this time three weeks ago that Domino's tumor ruptured and the nightmare began.  I just came back in from the backyard spot where he took his last steps and layed down.  Each Thursday night I pray in this spot for god to take care of him and tell him how much I love and miss him. I have come to realize how common cancer is in dogs and that their life expectancy is much shorter than I ever realized.  I will be donating each year some money for cancer research so that someday a cure maybe found or at least test available to catch these tumors early. 

At times I wish I would have known he had this bomb in him and if I did I would have devoted much more time to him during his final days.  I saw a video of a family who had made a bucket list for their dog with cancer and had saw him enjoy everyone of his last days.  I have mentally pictured what his last wishes would be:  go to the park, run in the sand at the beach, chase some birds and rabbits but then I realize that what he liked most and I did as well was being together with our family.  I still look down at the floor in my office and feel a vast emptiness and start to cry.  The daily routine of the car ride to drop my daughter off at school, our walk to get the mail and our evening walks are no more and I feel lost at times.

I do not mind the tears and find joy that the thoughs and memories of him are so fresh that the tears flow freely.  I worry that with time the memories will fade and that in the future I will just look at his picture without seeing his special soul. 

Domino you will be forever loved!!!!     
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
You and Angel Domino are in my thoughts and prayers.  Your bond will never be broken.

As time moves on, you will find that the memories are just as beautiful as they were when you were making them.  Domino is a part of you forever.

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
reovi
NTB, I'm so sorry for your loss.  I bet Domino is fulfilling all his wildest adventures past the bridge, complete with parks, beaches, and plenty of birds and rabbits, and I'm sure he still looks after your family.  I worry sometimes, too, that I will forget and my memories will fade, so I remind myself of the good and bad everyday-how Polar pounced on his ball, leaned and almost knocked me over, and let me squish his mushy face whenever I wanted.  This is not the end, I can't believe that God or whomever else is up there would create such wonderful, good-hearted creatures and not have a special place for them, in which we will hug them again!
Quote 0 0