Sheri_H
Three weeks ago today, Rico was put to sleep. But, I believe he "woke up" in heaven.
Its been so hard off & on after that day. We got his ashes & urn (have yet to put the 2 together), plus a sweet paw print of him.
In the meantime I've been here, posting, replying, crying while reading, crying when going to bed, praying I'd "dream" of him, see him like he was. I had FOUR.. however, the 1st 2 were awful. The 3rd was.. I don't know how to put it.. but I can say it wasn't bad, just kind of odd I suppose. Early this morning however, I did finally have the dream I'd been waiting for! What a relief.
I saw him & he looked absolutely beautiful - 100% healthy, his fur looked amazing! Looked like he weighed about 17 or so pounds too (he was a big cat). My husband was in my dream, too. When Rico saw us he started rolling around & the look on his face was priceless - it was more than obvious that he was happy, but, happy to SEE US TOO! He also made this expression which we used to call, "stupid face". Not the best nickname I suppose but it was one that stuck & whenever he'd make that face, we'd laugh! He did that in my dream for us.. I have a lump in my throat & tears in my eyes as I write this, but its not like before. I've been given a special "gift" & just so appreciative. When I woke up from this dream I made sure to wake my husband up also & told him about it.
I am just so relieved to have seen Rico like that again, it truly has relieved some of the pain I've felt over these past 3 weeks, and really, past 2 1/2 months as his health deteriorated.
For whoever reads this, I pray you find peace in your pain & grief.. Believe me, I questioned the decision to have him put to sleep. Did I really do everything I could to treat him? Should we have spent more money? On goes the list, however I've made peace with those questions, made the decision to not beat myself up either. And when the "pictures" in my mind come up of that last visit to the vet, I look at the pictures I have of him when he was healthy..
I know I'll still cry over him though.. its just how it is.. but that's ok. 
---------------------
Please visit Rico's residency:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/RICO002/Resident.htm
Also, more pics of Rico can be found on my Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1291163525&aid=2023119#!/photos.php?id=1291163525
Quote 0 0
luvmyakita
thank you for sharing your story about Rico. I am glad you have found some peace and were able to see your precious little one. 
Quote 0 0
rneuner64

thank you for your story, our beloved "tig" died in my wife's arms friday night after becoming ill within the last month (we believe it was Feline Infectious Peritonitis) he lived a great life of 20 years. I hope i have a dream like you did because i miss my little guy so much right now. i found a shirt that he was laying on recently and have been sleeping with it because it smells like him and it brings me a small amount of peace

Quote 0 0
mirrella

I am so amazed at how wonderful the people on this site are.....ginny on down to whoever helps all of us.  I am so grateful to everyone who has sent cards and posted condolence notes that I just want to post my own.........I wish you well, so well. 

Quote 0 0
Sheri_H
aw.. SO sorry to hear about Tig.. is that short for Tigger by chance? Just curious because my sister also had a big orange fluff ball named Tigger.. I imagine he & our Rico are best buds now.. I do hope you are able to see Tig in your dreams.. I've had many tell me we'll see our furbabies again but honestly it was hard to believe that when I was feeling so much pain.. I did & do believe & I know I'm kinda repeating myself here, its just sometimes it seemed that the pain was almost too much at times.. as is for many of us here. I know what you mean about sleeping with something they've laid on - Rico would sometimes sleep on top of our pillows that are behind our main pillows.. I know I need to wash those, but can't bear to at the moment.

Mirrella - so many wonderful people, I know! I'm so thankful for this place, for those who sent us cards, too. So sweet..

luvmyakita - :-) I am so thankful, it truly feels like a gift sent from heaven for us.. :-) 
---------------------
Please visit Rico's residency:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/RICO002/Resident.htm
Also, more pics of Rico can be found on my Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1291163525&aid=2023119#!/photos.php?id=1291163525
Quote 0 0