ahartofilis
COCO_5.jpg  Hello my sweetest Girl, I have been talking to you all day about this anniversary. You left this earthly life 3 month's ago on this day.  I really felt the need to do something special, something that you always wanted to do. So I put on the layers of clothing because as you know, it is still cold and the sun decided to disappear yet I knew that I had to walk the mile around our neighborhood that we did for almost 10 yrs. together.
 It was grey and cold today my sweet girl. I must tell you that it was a lonely walk without you. I was hoping to feel more of your spirit yet it was quiet, no friendly neighbors, only a few dogs in their yards that barked at me when I walked by. It made me think that when you were with me, they would hardly bark at all!! You just had that presence my dear girl. They all knew you. You were the beautiful lady of the neighborhood! 
 The tears spilled out when I got to the driveway. A part of me was thinking, "why did I do that, I cannot bear it!!" But when I got into the house, I was actually happy that I did go. I know how much you loved being out there. I did it for you and even though it hurts, it was joyful at the same time, because it keeps me close to you!
 I am actually calmer now since that walk. I just don't ever want to forget what makes you, you!! Sometimes I fear that as time progresses I wont feel the beautiful love, light, and energy that you brought into my life. It is so important to somehow keep that alive my dear one. When I was walking I started to reason that I don't always have to try so hard to know that you are there. We had that bond that will never be erased by time. They say that true Love never dies. I think I need to have some faith in that. You know how I love you so very much Coco. Nothing will ever change that!
   Good night for now my love. You will always be my very best Girl!!....................Mom
  100205_ic.gif 
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful Girl!  It brought tears to my eyes.  I love that part when you called her the beautiful lady of the neighborhood.  That is how I would describe my Dali too.    That hurt and joy at the same time is so hard, but it is because we love them so much we have to go through it.  That bond will never be erased by time because that bond is part of us and always will be.  I know how much you miss your Coco, I miss my Dali so much it hurts.  Thanks for the kind words on Dali's thread.  I know we all are going through such a hard time because of that love and how hard those anniversaries and benchmark days are.  Take care of yourself for your Coco..one day we will be with them again forever and it will be a joyful reunion.  Hugs to you and your beautiful Coco from me and my Dali. 

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Apollo_the_great
I took my dog for a walk today. She loves walks. But we are missing our baby Apollo. Now that boy loved his walks. We loved having him, and it's just not the same. Onyx is lonely, Apollo was her boyfriend. I may end up trying to get another male dog. So Onyx won't be so lonely. It is a difficult situation. She keeps talking about a puppy, but no one will have the time for a puppy. It is nice that you took that walk.
William
Quote 0 0
Apollo_the_great
Coco looks like a brown version of Onyx. This thing won't let me post a picture of Onyx, says it exceeds the maximum. .
William
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Andrea
Your tribute walk for Coco was a very special thing to do and I think she was there , right by your side ..still the beautiful lady of the neighborhood
You carry all the special things that made Coco , Coco , the love, light and energy in your heart and soul, these will never leave you

Hugs to you
Diana
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
Lilimarie
Andrea,
Coco was beautiful. Her shiny fur looks so soft and smooth. Your story made me cry. I wrote about Benni's social hours walks in the past and how I've stopped walking without him and I remember you offered some very kind words. Thank you for that. I understand this so much. Walking was a huge part of our daily routine. It built such a strong bond between us. It's like he was so proud to walk with me when we were out. He'd stare at all the other dogs passing by to make sure they'd see us. And once they were gone He'd turn to look at me and continue strutting. He was so cute and happy. This grieving process hurts. I'm so tired of feeling empty. It becomes exhausting. I'm usually fine during the day, but by evening, it just feels quiet and empty. I was coming home earlier and drove down the road by the park we would go to. On the way home, He would lay in the back seat of the car panting and watching me drive. We'd stop at Petco on the way home sometimes and I'd buy him a new toy or treats. I would turn to look and him and think how much I loved him. Driving down that street today hurt. Saturday's are a bad trigger for me. I hope tonight will be peaceful for you and I'm sending big hugs to you and beautiful Coco.
Love,
Lilimarie
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Hi Andrea. Your tribute to Coco was truly beautiful and so very touching. It must have taken so much strength and courage to put that coat on and begin that long walk, and I have absolutely no doubt that your sweet baby was right by your side, every step of the way, so proud and happy to have a mom who would do that in memory of all the wonderful moments you both shared. Your love for your Coco, and her love for you, will always transcend any physical separation, distance, or time, and her bright and radiant light will never ever fade from your world. Your tribute was so very sweet and brought me to tears, and I just know that your Coco can feel all of the love behind every single word you wrote, such a wonderful and heartfelt tribute for your so special and so loved girl. Hugs to you and your precious Coco, from me and my Jasper.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Hi Andrea,
Thinking of you on Coco's 3 month. You paid a beautiful tribute to Coco, and I personally know how difficult those walks can be.  She's with you today as she has always been.  I hope you find some comfort and peace in the memories that you shared with her. 
hugs to you and Coco from me and my Little Man.
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Dali's Mom, It makes me happy that your Dali is the beautiful lady of the neighborhood too. I think that Coco and Dali will always be that way as the love they had will always shine brightly through their beauty!  Like you, I look forward to the day when we will all be reunited. I know that we are both doing the best we can without them here. I think they know that as well, they always will know that!! Thanks for your response...hugs to you and Dali.................Sincerely, Andrea

William, I understand how you and Onyx must be missing Apollo. I would love to see a picture of Onyx if you can get one up here. Take care and thanks for responding!............................................Sincerely, Andrea

Diana, Thank-you for that assurance! Your words always bring me comfort. I am finding some peace in that even if obvious signs of Coco are not present it doesn't mean that she is not with me. A part of me was able to reason on that during my walk for her yesterday. It really is about the love in our hearts for them and somehow, the light, and energy comes through if we are open to it, at times, when we are not expecting. As long as the love is there, all else is can provide comfort and sweetness to our lives, like the icing on the cake........take care and my thoughts are with you and Byron, always!!.............................................Sincerely, Andrea

Lilimarie, I really appreciate you sharing some of your experiences with Benni in your response. I can just see him strutting down the street, fearless, happy, and that was because of you! You must have made him feel so special and loved! I know how hard the walks are. For a while I felt better about walking, now its difficult again. Sometimes I cant believe that I walked almost a mile with her for 10 years. My body hurts today! I did it for her, because I loved her. I know you did it for Benni too. I am tired too, my mind and body hurt from missing her! I think there are a lot of ups and downs in this grieving process. Thank-you for sharing some of your journey with me. I hope that today is more peaceful for you.....................................Sincerely, Andrea.

Jasper's Mom, I always feel a very special comfort from your words. Sometimes its hard to have faith or believe in what you cannot see. But as you mentioned, the love we have for our very special ones will always transcend time, space, and the material world. I really needed that walk yesterday to realize this. Sometimes when we are in our low moments, the mind can really do a good job of casting doubts. You have been a lovely support for so many of us here and I really appreciate it!!........hugs to you and beautiful Jasper.....................Sincerely, Andrea.

Little Man's Mom, Thank-you for thinking of me. I also read your post to Mattie and Dali's Moms. I am overjoyed that your husband had that dream. It is a true comfort for all of us!! It really brought a smile to my face today. Things like that we can hold onto and cherish forever. Yes, the walks are hard, I don't know if I can do them on any regular basis, but I had to yesterday, for her, and I am happy that I did. Its one day at a time, up and down, as I am sure you know. You and L. M. are very special!! .........................................Sincerely, Andrea

Quote 0 0
lisajo
Thank you for sharing your heart. I too walked in the woods today. I smiled between sobs at the memory of Lily, a little black speck in the snow bundled up in her fleece coat as she rested her paws on me as we sat on the trunk of the tree where she will be laid to rest in the spring. The woods were our special place, the place I prayed for understanding and courage to be the best person I could be. Lily was such an integral part of teaching me how to be my best self. She modeled mindfullness, compassion, forgiveness, playfullness and resilience to name a few. I couldn't feel her when I was there but here, now, writing about her I know she was there. She will always be in my heart her lessons I will carry with me forever.
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Coco's mom...  I posted on Dali's thread, but just wanted to thank you so much for thinking of Dali when you released balloons for your beautiful Coco.  I know they are great friends at the bridge and are wagging their tails at us today!  God bless....hugs to you and Coco from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Bellamum
Hi Andrea,
I am thinking of your beautiful girl, Coco, on the 3 month anniversary of her journey to Rainbow Bridge.  I am also thinking of you...I know that each one of these time milestones fills our heart with sadness as they just reinforce how long it has been without our dear, sweet friends.
Know that the bond you had with Coco can never be broken.  You are tied to her with an invisible cord that can not be cut.  You are linked to her for all eternity and she will remain in your heart always, as you will remain in hers.
Each day that we live through takes us 1 day closer to being with our babies.  Keep the love in your heart and the smile on your face each time you think of Coco.  Remember that she gave you many reasons to smile and only one reason to cry.  Remember those reasons that made you smile!

Dear Coco,
Have fun playing at Rainbow Bridge with Bellsy and all of your dear friends, but remember to stop by your home and let your mommy know that you are there.  She could really do with a sign from you at the moment. If you can't give her a sign, just pop in and be near her and most of all.....BE HAPPY.  All she wants for you now is pure happiness because you deserve so much happiness.  All you gave her was happiness and love...Rainbow Bridge is your reward. 
Love from Bella's Mummy    xxx
c24645a610fe03e66d9b09f1406ab9bd.jpg   
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
MuchasMom
Hello Andrea, I am thinking of you today on Coco's bridge day. I read your post from 3/7, about how you took that first walk without her, and I am so happy for you that you now have Rudy to take those walks alongside you! It is wonderful that you are now able to be a mom for Rudy, and of course you will always have sweet Coco safe in your heart. Thank you for your post to Mucha's thread for his 4 month day, and wishing you all the best today.
Quote 0 0