BrianG
I come in to read everyone's post and I can feel the pain, the hurt, the love, the happiness. Soo soo many feelings, emotions when you come into Rainbow Bridge ...  I'll try my best ......

I found my BEST Buddy, Best Friend, Best Girl a fella could ever have, I was in Penna, Jesse was in Tenn. My previous dog was out of a shelter in Phila, God Bless him, Cody was almost 14 years when he passed. But somehow I ended up with Jesse,  And found a friend, along with Jesse. ( Thank You, Beth ) 

I sit here today, looking at EVERY picture of my Jesse, It hurt's, not going to lie. Jesse was the Bestest ! No other way to put it. Spring is coming, A time when we would go to our cabin and she would LOVE IT there. She would explore, chase chip monks, last couple of years she would watch them LOL. Go swimming in the lake. Walk and explore for hours on end. I will miss doing all those things with her. I was doing " pretty ok " of late, today got me. My heart is heavy, hard to think about not having my Best friend to pal around with.  Looking in my rear view mirror, asking her, " You ready to go to the cabin " and you could honestly see a smile on her face. There are post on here that say " She/He was " The One "   Jesse was the one, no other way I can explain it. We attached to each other like glue, where I was, she was.  Friend's and Family would be like, I can't believe the two of you, attached at the hip, we were. Matter of fact still are, I knew she is with me in Spirit.

I'll stop my rambling, Just came on to say hello to my girl, Jesse, I know you are up there, I wish you weren't, but you are, I'll see you again one day.  I think of you EVERYDAY, EVERY Minute.

Daddy loves ya buddy ... won't be the same without you, i'll do my best .. keep an eye on me down here.  Love Ya Jesse Girl !!

Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
What a wonderful story about Jesse. I had to put my Sadie down on February 18th because of kidney failure. The hardest thing I ever had to do. They are our pals. Our dearest friends. It hurts so much. I hope we can all find some peace. Jesse knows you love her always.
Quote 0 0
BrianG
Sadiesmom061308 wrote:
What a wonderful story about Jesse. I had to put my Sadie down on February 18th because of kidney failure. The hardest thing I ever had to do. They are our pals. Our dearest friends. It hurts so much. I hope we can all find some peace. Jesse knows you love her always.

Sadiesmom,  Thank you for the kind words,  It sure is much harder when it's on our door steps.  I hope you find Peace also.   I know it's tough ......

Thank You,

Brian
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
brian, your jesse is a beautiful girl and i cried reading your story because you gave her such a wonderful life after rescuing her with so much love.  being an empath for me, especially here, brings everyone's emotions right into my heart where i feel every tear, every break of hearts and sometimes if i don't reply right away it's because i have to calm down and try to clear myself of the extra sadness.  of course without my roxie here to alert me when i was getting "over done in the emotions department" it is hard...but then if roxie were still with me i'd not have remembered about this site, joined the forum or met all of you wonderful people.  today is Saturday and the day that roxie passed and while i'm not doing it right now i know it's only a matter of time until i start looking at the clock and replaying the last 2 hours over again.  sometimes the visuals and the replay is so vivid i'm really at the vet's office with roxie all over again, or driving her frantically through the rain to get her there, or the drive home crying all the way through the rain having no remembrance of actually driving home.  i'm certain that jesse is still with you in spirit and i'd say continue to talk to her as i do my roxie...heck, i still give her belly and butt rubs which she so used to love with my hand just passing through air but visualizing that she was still right there in front of me again.  oh, it does hurt so darned badly though and a good day will turn shadowed and the tsunami wave of grief rips my heart apart.  but there are good days now which before i could find none.  when you can relax, sit quietly and look deep within your heart to that place where jesse left all her love for you before she left for your safekeeping much as she took the love you gave so freely to her when she crossed the bridge for her safekeeping until the two of you are reunited.  and when you go to that beautiful cabin again this spring don't be surprised if you sense jesse right there alongside you - i'm sure she loved going with you just because she was with you.  take care and many many hugs!
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
BrianG
JerseyNonna wrote:
brian, your jesse is a beautiful girl and i cried reading your story because you gave her such a wonderful life after rescuing her with so much love.  being an empath for me, especially here, brings everyone's emotions right into my heart where i feel every tear, every break of hearts and sometimes if i don't reply right away it's because i have to calm down and try to clear myself of the extra sadness.  of course without my roxie here to alert me when i was getting "over done in the emotions department" it is hard...but then if roxie were still with me i'd not have remembered about this site, joined the forum or met all of you wonderful people.  today is Saturday and the day that roxie passed and while i'm not doing it right now i know it's only a matter of time until i start looking at the clock and replaying the last 2 hours over again.  sometimes the visuals and the replay is so vivid i'm really at the vet's office with roxie all over again, or driving her frantically through the rain to get her there, or the drive home crying all the way through the rain having no remembrance of actually driving home.  i'm certain that jesse is still with you in spirit and i'd say continue to talk to her as i do my roxie...heck, i still give her belly and butt rubs which she so used to love with my hand just passing through air but visualizing that she was still right there in front of me again.  oh, it does hurt so darned badly though and a good day will turn shadowed and the tsunami wave of grief rips my heart apart.  but there are good days now which before i could find none.  when you can relax, sit quietly and look deep within your heart to that place where jesse left all her love for you before she left for your safekeeping much as she took the love you gave so freely to her when she crossed the bridge for her safekeeping until the two of you are reunited.  and when you go to that beautiful cabin again this spring don't be surprised if you sense jesse right there alongside you - i'm sure she loved going with you just because she was with you.  take care and many many hugs!

Thank you so much for the wonderful reply, hugs for you and roxie ...

Brian
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Brian, Just been in tears reading about your beautiful Jesse as your story is so similar to mine. Today is exactly 12 weeks since we had to have our Jim put to sleep. He was a rescue, we adopted him at 4 months old and were so very lucky to have him for 17 years. My husband ( also called Brian ), and I never had kids, and even though we`ve had dogs before who we loved so much, there was just this instant bond with Jim. He was the most gentle, kind and loving dog - more like a little person really. We had a great life with him, he was diagnosed with a liver tumour over 3 years ago, but with the medication he was on for the rest of his life, you really wouldn`t think anything was wrong with him.
  However during his last 6 months he really started to decline - mobility problems, loss of appetite, we were giving him steak, lamb, basically we tried everything to get him to eat. 
 We both knew what eventually was going to happen, but he was still having more good days than bad. Then on 13th Dec last  year, he deteriorated so rapidly over a few hours, we had no choice but to let him go - the hardest thing I`ve ever had to do
  We miss him so much, still cry most days - I still expect to see him sitting on the sofa, or asleep in his basket next to our bed when we wake up in the morning. 
  Like you, I still believe Jims spirit is still here with us, but it hurts so much that I can`t see him.      Your Jesse reminds me of Jim - those big soulful eyes that just shine with so much love. We were so lucky to have these beautiful dogs in our lives
                      Hugs, Jackie.

J Taylor
Quote 0 0
BrianG
jimmy17 wrote:
Hi Brian, Just been in tears reading about your beautiful Jesse as your story is so similar to mine. Today is exactly 12 weeks since we had to have our Jim put to sleep. He was a rescue, we adopted him at 4 months old and were so very lucky to have him for 17 years. My husband ( also called Brian ), and I never had kids, and even though we`ve had dogs before who we loved so much, there was just this instant bond with Jim. He was the most gentle, kind and loving dog - more like a little person really. We had a great life with him, he was diagnosed with a liver tumour over 3 years ago, but with the medication he was on for the rest of his life, you really wouldn`t think anything was wrong with him.
  However during his last 6 months he really started to decline - mobility problems, loss of appetite, we were giving him steak, lamb, basically we tried everything to get him to eat. 
 We both knew what eventually was going to happen, but he was still having more good days than bad. Then on 13th Dec last  year, he deteriorated so rapidly over a few hours, we had no choice but to let him go - the hardest thing I`ve ever had to do
  We miss him so much, still cry most days - I still expect to see him sitting on the sofa, or asleep in his basket next to our bed when we wake up in the morning. 
  Like you, I still believe Jims spirit is still here with us, but it hurts so much that I can`t see him.      Your Jesse reminds me of Jim - those big soulful eyes that just shine with so much love. We were so lucky to have these beautiful dogs in our lives
                      Hugs, Jackie.

Hi Jackie

Thank you so much for the kind post and hugs. We are all here for the same reason, Love for our animals, some get it, other's don't.  When you said, " more like a little person "  you got me, man i had to hold back the tears.  You are right, I talked to my Jesse more then my wife, and she'll agree LOL

Thank You so much for taking the time to post such a supportive message.  I hope we both find the Peace we need,  If I find it, or you find it, we'll share it with one another.

((( Jackie )))

Thank You, Brian
Quote 0 0
GoneTooSoon
Beautiful dog. I shared a lot of the same activities with Hunter. Hope you feel better tomorrow.
Quote 0 0
BrianG
GoneTooSoon wrote:
Beautiful dog. I shared a lot of the same activities with Hunter. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

As do I, thank you for the message, if you want to chat, drop me a message. I feel for ya ..

It's so darn hard ....  Terrible.

Thank You my Friend.
Quote 0 0