AngelsGift
It gets better, it still hurts, I wonder often. We lost Angel on March 16th. She was Black Cockapoo. I wrote of her a few days after she passed here. The pain was unbearable. It seemed I cried every few minutes, at all times of the day.

Her ashes rest on our mantle now, with her collar wrapped around a candle, and a picture of her smiling face.

I write this to let all of you who have the death of a furry loved one looming large in your life, or have just experienced the loss. It is overwhelming, and the pain seems to continually stab at us, and we find ourselves wondering if this will end.

It will never really end. It just subsides... at least at this juncture it does. We miss our girl so very much. I find myself wondering more and more about heaven, hoping and praying she is okay, and that she's happy where she is now. If when we pass we go nowhere, then this life is very cruel. I can only hope for the best.

All of you.... we will get through this. The depth of sorrow we feel, the hope for our furry loved ones that they have found a better place, this is all a testament of how much we really loved them.

There are good days and some sad moments in some of those days. A pain hits every now and again, and grief still strikes at the most inopportune time. But the experience I had with her was worth it.

Please know it gets better... they just won't be forgotten.
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Hi AngelsGift. It really is truly hard for a very, very long time.  You are so right, we'll never forget them and the love.

Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
You are an angel with a ray of hope, thank you!
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
normsmom
I popped over to thank you for your very kind message on Norm's thread and what a beautiful post to stumble upon. What you have written here is so perfectly said. This:

"Please know it gets better... they just won't be forgotten."

Thank you for this. <3
Quote 0 0