Kylea
It will be three months on Wednesday, that I kissed my little baby goodbye. I can't stop thinking about Bailey today. Most days I am okay and can make it through with signs from her but today, I'm just so down. I about had to leave my college class because I wanted to cry. I ended up making it through class but started bawling right when I got to my car. I cried and said a little prayer to God. I feel a little better but today I'm just not feeling it. I want so much just to hold her and love her.

I lost my Mom when I was six. I keep telling myself that Bailey has my mom in Heaven. I wish I could know that my mom is taking care of Bailey. She never got to meet Bailey in this life but somehow I know she loves her. I just hope she isn't being to ornery for my mom and God. :)

I just felt the need to post this today because I feel like I cannot talk to people about it anymore. A lot of people feel like I just need to move on. It is not that simple. Each hour, day, week, month, gets easier but it is not something I can just move on from.

Kylea
Kylea Barton
Quote 0 0
powrbruh
Kylea,

You mourn Bailey.  There is no time limit on how much or how long you must grieve.  It's only been 6 days since I had to put my Kia to sleep and I am already hearing "You need to get yourself together."  It's ok.  People here understand your grief.  I understand it too. 

You loved Bailey and Bailey loved you.  I take comfort in knowing Kia and I had a bond that will never be broken.  Not even in death.  I know she is still with me.  I believe Bailey is still with you.  Take comfort in knowing the love you two share is wonderful and forever.  I tell myself that everyday.  We are here to help each other learn to live with and not get over our loss.

Mike
Quote 0 0
Emunah
Kylea,

I agree, grief has no time limit or rules. However long it takes, so be it. It is not something that can just be switched on or off, its a process. I am so tired of people who think that because its an animal that the grief must somehow be dismissed or shorter. Our animals were our babies, they were so much a part of our lives and their love so unconditional, it is only normal that we grieve deeply for them. Bailey was your baby and you are entitled to grieve for her, she gave you love, comfort and happiness. I lost my Cleo 7 months ago and I still grieve for her, and my Minnie passed away only a week ago. I'm beyond caring what other people think. They were my darling babies.

Peace and healing (((hugs)))

Lynne
Quote 0 0
OscarsMomma
I only lost my Oscar last Friday and already I get the feeling people think I should be over it. It diminishes my love for Oscar, because he was my best friend, and if he were human, I'd grieve this hard. So why should it make any difference that he was a cat?

It angers me when people are scornful of pet grief. "Why is she crying?" "Her cat died." "And she's CRYING?" Even those who are sympathetic are patronizing about it, as though because Oscar was a cute cat that my grief is cute. (I can't really describe it well, but just that it really rubs me the wrong way.)

I am heading to my aunt's for aunt therapy and horse therapy. My aunt is terminally ill, and I am going to have to keep myself from bowling her over when I see her. I will be seeing a therapist this Friday, as my coping mechanisms are not working. I'm usually quite a happy person, but Oscar was part of that happiness. I bragged about him, showed people pictures of him, and I just loved that he was mine. He was there for me when my mother died, but he won't be there for me when my aunt dies. I am dreading it. I will have two major deaths this year. I'm so overwhelmed. I have no idea where I will be in 3 months, but I hope I can heal. This hole in my heart is big.

I totally hear you on barely making it through your day. I have to keep very busy at work but once I'm in my car the waterworks start. Even then I try to hold it in until I'm at least out of the parking lot. I'm not exactly the safest driver right now.
Oscar was but 9. I had not even 4 full years with him. He loved me so much. And I loved him. He is sorely missed.
Quote 0 0
Kylea
Mike,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm so thankful for site and that people here understand. I hope this site brings you some comfort as well. Your post made me feel a lot better. Bailey is with me and you are right. My bond with her can never be broken. 

Praying for you as grieve Kia.
Kylea Barton
Quote 0 0
Kylea

Lynne,

I totally agree with you. Our pets are not animals, they are our babies. I shouldn't let other people get me down with my grief. I wish people would be a little more understanding. We have a right to grieve our furbabies. It is hard when they are your whole life and you have to adjust without them. It is the worst pain I have felt in a while.

I'm so sorry about your Cleo and Minnie. Prayers for you during your time of healing. I cannot imagine losing 2 that close together.

Kylea

Kylea Barton
Quote 0 0
Kylea
Oscar's Momma,

I am so sorry for your loss. The love you have for Oscar is amazing and he seems truly lucky to have had you in his life. 

I'm sorry about your aunt and will be praying for you and her. I hope you enjoy your time with her and spending time with the horses. I will also be thinking of you as you talk with a therapist. I hope that helps you to find some support and to grieve. I have often thought about talking to someone and getting some help. Have you thought of a way to memorialize Oscar? With my dog, we made a little memorial garden for her in our backyard. It is where we scattered her ashes. It has helped for the most part as a coping mechanism. I often sit in the garden and talk to her and just say a prayer. It helps me to feel close to her. The best thing you can do is hold onto your pictures and you can still brag about him. Even though he isn't here, he had a life full of things that can always be bragged about. I still tell stories of Bailey, post pictures and brag about all of the accomplishments she had in her short three years. Just remember, Oscar is with you and he is now with your loved ones in heaven.

I will definitely prayer for you. You have so much struggles happening. Just know that I am here. We are all her and can help you even if it doesn't involve a furry friend. Let us know if you need anything.
Kylea Barton
Quote 0 0