Havanesefan Show full post »
Havanesefan
I am looking at Frodo's baby book and Frodo's mom's sire is Ch Bydand Apple Jacks at Eras. So amazing!!
Quote 0 0
RMR
You can't betray or disrespect Bella. In life she loved you most when your heart was full of love, and she still does. The best way to honor her is take in another dog who might not have a wonderful life if not for you. But don't think Bella is gone, she lives in your heart and she will never fail to check in on you. A dog's work is never done, even if you can't see her, she is there.
Quote 0 0
miztina249
Havanesefan wrote:
I am looking at Frodo's baby book and Frodo's mom's sire is Ch Bydand Apple Jacks at Eras. So amazing!!

This is so cool, so Frodo was related to Polo a bit. He looked like him in that photo. Polo looked a lot like Apple Jack, that means Frodo will also be "related" to the new pup we have coming. That pup has Salemi Charly in it's line. Salemi Charly was Apple Jack's grandsire on both his sire and dams side IIRC. It makes my head spin a little, lol. I wanted to find a breeder that was in Beth's circle so many of them are gone. The breeder I found is terrific and they have Havana SIlk/AKC Havanese lines and do all the same testing that Beth and her group did.

How is Frodo doing without his sister? I love watching Havanese play together, there is something special about the way they interact with another Hav.
Quote 0 0
Havanesefan
Do you mind my asking who your new breeder is? I think Frodo and I want a new puppy this year or next. It is so funny that you mentioned Polo liking white dogs because Frodo has been doing that on our walks. He cries for the Westie that lives across the street. The vet that came to euthanize Bella made sure Frodo stayed and saw Bella in the basket after she passed so he wouldn't be looking for her. I think he still does though. He has become much more affectionate since she passed. When Bella was a puppy there was another Havanese in our puppy class. She cried so loud for the other Havanese that the instructor had to put us next to each other for every class. It is so cute how they recognize each other.
Quote 0 0
Teacherof3
I read this thread and am delighted that you two found each other. I cry tears every day for my Daisy who passed just 2 months ago. She was a toy poodle with all of the attributes you describe in Polo. I am now suffering from depression. I think about getting another fur baby, but my husband doesn't want to me to. He won't prevent me from getting one, but he is concerned about how my health is affected by the loss and says this will only happen again. I hope you are able to get another dog. I believe it will lift your spirits. It was an unfortunate circumstance that your parents were there at the passing and you felt pressured to move quickly. I have learned through this process that not everyone understands the deep connection to a fur baby. Some people say it was just a dog, not a human. But they are indeed just like children to us. Especially when you have a Velcro dog or a tiny toy as my Daisy was - 4 pounds of pure love that followed me everywhere and was in my lap every time I sat down anywhere.
Quote 0 0
Havanesefan
Hi Teacher, I am so sorry for your loss. Daisy sounds darling. Four pounds! How precious!! It was sad to hear but a relief to hear so many people mention they are still grieving and crying months later. I felt crazy and pressured to move on. Now I just allow the grief and it is finally lifting. When I feel stuck I read what other people have written that expresses how I feel and put it in my Bella Journal. Tina said something that really helped me. Polo would want her to be happy. If Daisy could talk I bet she would say " I want you to be happy, Mom!!!" Much love to you.
Quote 0 0
miztina249
Teacherof3 wrote:
I read this thread and am delighted that you two found each other. I cry tears every day for my Daisy who passed just 2 months ago. She was a toy poodle with all of the attributes you describe in Polo. I am now suffering from depression. I think about getting another fur baby, but my husband doesn't want to me to. He won't prevent me from getting one, but he is concerned about how my health is affected by the loss and says this will only happen again. I hope you are able to get another dog. I believe it will lift your spirits. It was an unfortunate circumstance that your parents were there at the passing and you felt pressured to move quickly. I have learned through this process that not everyone understands the deep connection to a fur baby. Some people say it was just a dog, not a human. But they are indeed just like children to us. Especially when you have a Velcro dog or a tiny toy as my Daisy was - 4 pounds of pure love that followed me everywhere and was in my lap every time I sat down anywhere.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Daisy. We know how hard it is and the depression can be overwhelming at times. This forum has brought me so much comfort, there are so many people here who truly understand.

I was delighted to find Havanesefan and realize that we shared so many similarities and a connection. I feel like I found a long lost relative! Polo was my baby, so any connection to him is precious to me. I don't think we will ever stop grieving him. I know I haven't stopped grieving my first dog Jax who was a Yorkie. I was misisng him terribly around Christmas last year, my niece was getting a Yorkie puppy for Christmas and it brought his loss back to the surface for me. I was even considering getting another puppy but didn't think it would be fair to Polo.

My husband wanted to wait for a year or more before getting another pup, but he quickly changed his tune when a "related" puppy became available. Losing them is the price we pay for the years of unconditional love we get from them, for me it is worth it. As much as my heart aches from the loss, I loved every minute of Polo's life with us and am so happy we were blessed with him. I hope your husband reconsiders if you truly want another puppy, yes the loss is hard but so is living without the companionship of a dog.

Ignore people who minimize your loss and your bond with Daisy, it is sad but some people just lack empathy.
Quote 0 0