Mb7588
Thank you for this board. I have been in mourning since June when i lost the first (and youngest.. About 5yrs) but had no clue they were probably being killed until this past sunday when tge 3rd cat was last seen on that friday.. Making it the 3rd cat "killed" on a friday night... A month apart between each.
Ive been caring for this colony for 10 years.. This month actually. Never did i lose cats this fast!!
I feel with 5 cats surviving the last 2 years, a summer only neighbor just had it and took it into their own hands.

Im consumed with who did it.. And more importantly HOW? DID THEY SUFFER? having depression and ocd makes this more horrible. I can't stop crying especially as i feed the last 2 cats twice a day. I worked 10 years to provide the best life i could and to think someone made them and me suffer makes me crazy angry and i don't know how to deal with the anger and utter sadness. Plus... What will happen to last 2. I'm working to get them moved but no one is really helping. Animal control isn't a help... Im miserable
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Firstly, thank you for feeding this feral colony!! I think right now your focus has to be on these last 2 cats. Is it possible to take them home until you can find another place to relocate them? Or would anyone keep them? We have a trap, neuter, release program here in Toronto. Try checking into animal groups to see if anyone will step up... Humane Society is a good one but you could also google TNR for your area.
I totally get how sickened you are by the cats that have disappeared. It's so hard when you don't know hat happened but at this point I think it's pretty certain that someone is kidnapping and maybe even killing these poor kitties.
You could put up signs or post on social media but right now I would protect the remaining cats. There are some sick individuals out there unfortunately.
Could you inform the police as it does sound like foul play?
All the best to you! Bless you!!! Please post again with an update.
CK
Quote 0 0
Mb7588
Thank you fur your time to reply. I have someone working on relocating last 2. I emailed cat sanctuary twice with no response.
Its horrible.i feel so alone as their only care giver. I am writing a note to post tomorrow that animal control has been notified to protect remaining cats. if that will help.. Also a lie as he can't be bothered.
I did call police today and was told they were busy and not concerned with animals. So... Yeah my frustration and anger grows.
We have tnr here as well ... Very pro feral county.. Except now when i really need the support.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Hi again,
I share your frustration. It's terrible thinking about what happened to the 3 cats who disappeared and worrying about the remaining two!
I've always found that any organization is only as good as the person you make that initial contact with, whoever answers the phone, etc. It might even help to call back and see if you get someone different and with any luck someone who actually cares, and is in the job for the right reasons!
I would keep on top the the TNR group - they should be helping!! Please keep me posted and I'm wishing you good luck, it's so nice to see someone who actually cares and is actively helping these cats as you have been and continue to do. I know it's so difficult but if you can hang in there you may be able to save the remaining two.
Not impressed by the answe from the police - terrible!
Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0