krystalklear
Hello sweet friends,

I really have no where else to turn to. I am a 22 year old female that has lost 3 beloved dogs in the past 5 months. Taylor, a spunky female golden retriever, passed in September due to a quick onset cardiac disease. She was almost 10. Bucky, my 1 year old corgi passed due to complications during a foreign obstruction surgery exactly one week after Taylor in September. This morning, 10 year old golden retriever April (Taylor’s littermate) had to be put to rest due to a fast growing disease in her lungs. She slept by my bed every night since our losses in September. I’m so afraid to sleep alone tonight.

I am a full time college student living at home with my parents, and these dogs all provided us all so much comfort. Sometimes it doesn’t even seem real. The losses have hit us so hard and changed our lives so abruptly. I’m worried I’m not grieving properly because I am throwing myself into my studies and trying to avoid being home. How can I healthily process all of this? :(

Much gratitude... ❤️
Quote 0 0
RileysMom
Oh wow does my heart go out to you. I myself have just lost one dog and am now facing the loss of another. I wish I had something wise to say, but I just don’t. You must be so devastated! I’m very sorry you’re going through this. Know that we’re here for you, please post and talk as much as you need to.
Val
—Loving Riley, Rosy & Axl always 🐾

Quote 0 0
catiebee
Oh Krystal, that sounds just unbelievably hard. I am so so sorry that all of these losses occurred so close together and piled on as they have. I can't imagine that your heart and soul have been able to absorb that much loss in so short a time. And knowing that your dogs provided so much companionship and comfort to you, it all sounds truly devastating emotionally. Like Val I don't have any wise words. The only thing that comes to mind is, to keep talking, keep expressing, don't sweep your tears under the rug but let them out. If you have someone in 3D who is a pet lover and can listen to your story, telling what happened and receiving compassion from another human or or from different friends if you if they're available can be a soothing and healing thing. And if you don't have someone and over time the grief is not getting any better, it may be worth seeking out some additional support whether a therapist or a Pet hotline or some way that you can have someone with a good and caring listening ear hear and respond to what's happened to you. I hope you'll keep writing here. It is definitely helped me. Again I hate this this is happened to you and your family. Please take good care of you while your emotions are so Raw.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
Krystal I am so so sorry for these multiple and devastating losses for you and your family! You have come to the right place. It is hard enough for one loss, let alone the amount you have had. I am hoping (and praying) you find some peace tonight, but knowing that may take some time.
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Krystal,
I am so so sorry to read of your terrible loss. And yes, to lose one is hard enough, but three.... I dont know anything wise to say to you either other than that we are all here for you. The healthy way to process all of this is to talk about it just like Val and Catie already wrote. Take very good care of yourself now and receive a virtual 3D hug from me.
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0