Missmypooty
My baby was 23.5 years old ..her legs and body were full of fluid.the vet said heart failure. She recommended euthanasia..I feel SO guilty ..I know it was for the best..I will never be able to get over it. It's only been 5 weeks. I looked at a couple of cats but realized I was looking for a clone..not sure I'll ever be ready. My poot y was the best cat ever!!!
TO
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I'm very sorry for the loss of your sweet Pooty. Clearly you took very good care of her and loved her very much. 23.5 years is a very long life for a cat, but I know it does not seem long enough. It is normal to feel guilty but I'm sure you did the right thing to end her suffering. I hope in time good memories can bring you comfort.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
Missmypooty
Thank you so much...I do love her so much.probably why I feel so guilty 😢
TO
Quote 0 0
just_lost
I'm sorry, TO.  It's a horrible decision to have to make.  That's an amazing lifespan for a cat - as Jan said, it's obvious that she was very much loved and taken care of very well.  Reads like she had a very good life with you.  Agreed, though, that it's never long enough :(
Quote 0 0
Missmypooty
Thank you..it's so nice to read lovely comments...and like minded fur parents make it feel that..I'm not so alone after all..it's hard to talk to people who aren't fur people..they look at you like.. "It's just a cat!"
TO
Quote 0 0
Missmypooty
Thank you..it's so nice to read lovely comments...and like minded fur parents make it feel that..I'm not so alone after all..it's hard to talk to people who aren't fur people..they look at you like.. "It's just a cat!"
TO
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I don't think anyone here would say "It's just a cat". We understand that are pets are much more than that. They are our friends and our family. They are the ones we share our lives with, the ones we confide in and the ones that love us unconditionally. Each one is different, unique and special.

Quote 0 0
Missmypooty
sadly.....people who have "human family/friends " ...don't get the special bond we--our fur families have with our babies...!!!!
thru this site..i have come to realize/ accept those of us who are in the same "boat" as me...and they have really helped with the grieving !!!
TO
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Hi Terri,

I too am very sorry and saddened to learn of your loss of your beloved "Pooty." 23 years is an extraordinary lifetime, no doubt, but the truth is "forever" would not be long enough. I only knew my boy, a cat named "Marmalade" (an orange & white tabby cat), who was my son, my brother, my best friend, my comrade in arms, my only remaining family, my light and my love, for only 4.2 years. But he made some of those years the happiest of my life at times, just with his majestic, noble, loyal and loving presence.

You wrote:

"Sadly.....people who have "human family/friends " ...don't get the special bond we--our fur families have with our babies...!!!!
thru this site..i have come to realize/ accept those of us who are in the same "boat" as me...and they have really helped with the grieving !!!"

Yes. Many of us here have sadly discovered the same thing. I could not speak to anyone else I knew about my overwhelming grief and sadness from Marmalade's passing. They either did not understand it, or did not want to hear it and couldn't be bothered. So I just stopped. I do not mention my feelings or emotions and they do not ask. That is fine by me now. This forum has been a Godsend to me too! 

The truth is for anyone who does not understand our loss? It truly is their loss, not ours, as it means they have never experienced the unconditional love that we have, from our beloved pet's. 

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
Missmypooty
Sorry for marmalade. My family is mad at me that i wouldn't take an extended family members cat ( who doesn't like me) they don't get the bond..u don't pick a pet..they pick you.!
TO
Quote 0 0
jerigraehl
That is amazing that you had her so long. I just lost my precious Khaomanee at 15 years. I was counting on more but do to mistakes made by me and by my vets he is gone. I too had to go through euthenasia and it shattered my heart in a million pieces. I am crying just thinking about it now. It is only 2 weeks and 3 days in and each day is a struggle. I cycle in and out of all the stages of grief and back again. It just hurt so much. Jeri
jerigraehl
Quote 0 0
Missmypooty
I'm at 6 weeks and still cry easily..I'm so sorry for your loss! This is a great place for support ..only fur parents get it!! I do!! I can't even think about another..i don't think i can go thru that again!
TO
Quote 0 0