animal_qwackers
This is a 2015 calendar I designed as a tribute to my treasured, precious babies, Solly, Gonzo, and Daisy. I thought I would share the images and captions and would welcome any thoughts. Thank you.
CAL_COVER.jpg 

CAL_JAN.jpg 
CAL_FEB.jpg 

CAL_MARCH.jpg 
CAL_APRIL.jpg 
CAL_MAY.jpg 
CAL_JUNE.jpg 
CAL_JULY.jpg 
CAL_AUG.jpg 
CAL_SEP.jpg 
CAL_OCT.jpg 
CAL_NOV.jpg 
CAL_DEC.jpg 

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Kirbysmom
That is such a great idea and such a wonderful tribute to your sweet babies! Thank you so much for sharing this! Rhonda :-)
Rhonda [image]
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
This calendar is absolutely beautiful! It made me smile and laugh, and it made me feel what a wonderful tribute to them. They are all such lovely ones, and it will be nice to see their pictures through the year. I hope 2015 will have some happiness, and happy memories even though you miss them so very much.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Your babies are gorgeous, what a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10

How beautiful, what a amazing idea. Love, Love, Love it. Your babies are beautiful! 

MattiesMom

Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
Graceful
The calendar could not be more incredible, rich in love, and filled with more adorable, whimsical and endearing photographs.  In other words, it's perfect.  Then again, how can you go wrong when you're taking photographs of such beautiful animals?  Beautiful job.  

"Now that the time has come
 Soon gone is the day,
 There upon some distant shore
 You will hear me say,
 Long as the day in the summer time
 Deep as the wine-dark sea,
 I'll keep your heart with mine
 Till you come to me"  (LM)

Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Heartfelt thanks to everyone who has commented on the calendar in memory of my beautiful babies. Your words are so touching and I am immensely grateful for your feedback.

The calendar will take pride of place on the kitchen wall, where Solly, Gonzo, and Daisy spent a lot of their time dining, drinking, and, in Solly's case, sleeping, as his bed was in there and it was cooler for the the big man when I wasn't cooking. When I was, he would lie in the lounge or in the garden in one of his fave spots, although, like most dogs, he loved being around when there was food being prepared, as did Gonzo and Daisy. It was a regular occurrence for Solly to dine on every type of fresh meat and offal, and for my feline friends, the smell of tuna, prawns, mackerel, or sardines always brought them running and dancing round my feet. Oh, how I miss those golden, wondrous days of bliss.

Thank you all once again. Despite the circumstances, I wish you all a happy and prosperous New Year. Your furry companions wish you the same. My thoughts are with you all!

Wendy

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
I think I'm going to copy this idea. I am dreading starting a new year without my little girl, but this is a great way to keep our babies "with us" in some way. I especially adore the captions under the pictures. You do a great job of honoring and paying tribute to your loved ones. Thank you for sharing!
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
Wendy, your calendar is absolutely outstanding! How did you do it? I can't get over how beautiful it is. I'd love to make one like yours. What a wonderful tribute to your darling best friends.

Blessings,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
I ordered mine yesterday. Although I am not excited to start the first year without Lucy, I would very much like to pay tribute to her. What a better way to do this than look at her beautiful face as each month goes by. Thank you Wendy for this heartwarming idea.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
MurphysMom, many thanks for your wonderful comments about my calendar. I saw an ad on TV; a company who would produce the calendar. I had to choose a design and upload my photos and captions and they did the rest. I was determined I wanted one, and it took me a few hours to choose the right pics and captions, but I got there and I am delighted with the result. I don't have my babies in physical form, but they are here in my heart and their wonderful pictures will grace my wall for the next year in tribute to them. I will never forget them, they are still a massive part of my life.

Leah, thank you for your comments about my post and for liking the calendar and the captions. It is wonderful to hear that you have ordered one yourself. How lovely that I have given you inspiration to have a calendar produced for your adorable Lucy. I know that you will be thrilled with the item when you get it and, like me, even though starting a new year without your adorable, and adored fur baby is a tough gig and nothing to get excited about, at least you will have her beautiful face to see each and every month of 2015. 

Hugs to you both, and to Murphy and Lucy too.

Wendy

Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Hi Wendy,
Your calendar is really beautiful, and the pictures of your Solly, Gonzo, and Daisy are so very sweet. I can think of no better way to start this new year off than with those adorable pictures of your little ones, and I must say, it is such a special tribute to them and is a truly endearing way to cherish their memory and all the light they brought into your world. Your captions were absolutely perfect, cute, funny, sweet, and filled to the brim with the love and caring you have for your dear little ones. I am now thinking of making one for my precious Jasper, and I thank you so very much for sharing such a wonderful way to keep our babies in our hearts now and forever, amazing job so well done.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Thank you, JaspersMom, your words are truly appreciated. It would be lovely to hear if you have made a calendar for your precious boy, Jasper. Do let me know. 

I posted earlier today (as below) It's an incredibly bad day. I had so many things to do and have found myself glued to this forum instead. I feel so lost.

Quote:

I'm sure we've all heard of the January blues. That feeling – after all the madness of Christmas and New Year is over – of depression and emptiness.

For sure, I have that 'feeling' today, but it has nothing to do with the festive season ending. I awoke this morning with a terrible burning in my chest, a squidgy stomach, and tears raining down my face. It's a new year without my beloved boys and the despair, which washed over me, I would liken to a tidal wave of hopelessness ready to consume me in a vicelike grip. It's January black! Blacker than the thickest tar, blacker than night without stars or moon. Pure black!

Today, I have regressed a few months. Back to July, when I said farewell to my bundle of mischief and joy, my adorable Gonzo. Back to September, when my precious big man Solly left me. The pain today cuts sharper than a surgeon's scalpel to my heart. I am bleeding inside. The anguish is raw, unrelenting, repeatedly punching me, stripping me of reason. Merciless, wanton, ruthless, cruel. Today, I am back in that desperate world of devastation.

Gonzo and Solly would always help me claw my way out of any grim situation with their unconditional love and companionship, but today I physically have to go it alone. I will call upon their energy to guide and assist me through what has all the ingredients of being a nightmarish day.

Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Wendy, What a beautiful calendar!! This was such a thoughtful and creative way to bring honor to the memory of you're beautiful animals! I just wanted you to know that it got me inspired and motivated to get out yesterday in a snow storm to have pics of Coco photo copied to my e-mail so that I could post them. Must go now and try to figure it out! Thanks for sharing!!!.........Andrea
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Thank you, Andrea for your heartwarming words.

I am delighted that my post inspired and motivated you to go out in the snowstorm to sort out your pics of your darling Coco. I hope you manage to figure out how to post them. It is so good to know that my calendar tribute to my precious boys has given some the impetus to get motivated. How wonderful! 

It was a pleasure to share, and a pleasure to hear the welcoming comments.

Take care. Hugs to you, and Coco too.

Wendy

Quote 0 0