Nikki1813
I lost my furbaby last night she was very sick the last 2 days i knew she was on her way to the rainbow bridge so i decided to take her to the vet and have her ( you know) so her suffering would end she actually died on my lap on the way to the vets i had her 20 years my heart is broken she lived a long good life i knew time was comming to the end but its not easy i feel so bad:(
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet furbaby. Twenty years is a good, long life for a cat. But I know, at the end, it was not long enough. I am sure you have many wonderful memories of your cat and I hope in time they will give you comfort.

Jan
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Nikki,

I too am sorry and saddened to learn of your recent loss of your beloved cat. As you know, "forever" would not be long enough to have our pet's in our lives, but still, 20 years for a cat is truly an achievement. I can not imagine knowing and loving a cat for 2 decades. Simply extraordinary. We should all be so fortunate. I know it does not lesson your pain.

There is a saying that goes something like this: "In order to end their pain & suffering, we agreed to take their pain & suffering onto ourselves. That is the bargain we made. To transfer their pain & suffering onto ourselves and then to process it through our grief. That is why it hurts so much."

There are a great group of people here on this grief forum. I have found them to be kind, compassionate, caring, empathetic, gracious, wise & witty. They have truly helped me through my grief, regret, guilt and sorrow. I believe they can help you too. I hope you visit us again sometime and share some stories and photo's perhaps of your cat. We all enjoy seeing them. : )

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0