Jen_0312
Today is 2 weeks since I lost my pup. I'm still so sad. During the week it wasn't as bad because I was at work but now being the weekend I'm alone and I can't stop thinking about him. I hate being in my apartment now because of all the memories which are all sad for now. I keep thinking of how sick and disoriented he was at the end. I still think I hear him at times and I miss him so much. 
Jen
Quote 0 0
Lis84
It's tough when everywhere we look reminds us of our beautiful pets. The absence of their physical self is so hard. I'm still looking down to share food with  my boy, or look outside to see what he's doing. It's been a week, and I miss him so much.
I only get Comfort knowing his quality of life would've sucked.
Hope it gets better for you😔
Quote 1 0
Maddie140
The emptiness is the worst. No escaping the grief over losing a pet,  but time helps heal our heart. You'll get to that place of peace eventually in your own time. Best of luck to you.
Madelyn DeStefano
Quote 0 0
Jen_0312
Lis84 wrote:
It's tough when everywhere we look reminds us of our beautiful pets. The absence of their physical self is so hard. I'm still looking down to share food with  my boy, or look outside to see what he's doing. It's been a week, and I miss him so much.
I only get Comfort knowing his quality of life would've sucked.
Hope it gets better for you😔

Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss also. My dogs quality of life was not that good anymore either. He had dementia and would pace for hours. Sometimes he didn't know who I was. I held him a lot towards the end so that he would sleep. I hope things get better for you. It takes time,  longer than most people think. 
Jen
Quote 0 0
Jen_0312
Maddie140 wrote:
The emptiness is the worst. No escaping the grief over losing a pet,  but time helps heal our heart. You'll get to that place of peace eventually in your own time. Best of luck to you.

Thank you Madelyn. I feel better when I stay busy. Nights are the worst because it was just me and him. The saddest thing is how fast my friends and family seemed to forget about it and expect me to be over it.
Jen
Quote 0 0
Monroegirl
I'm so sorry. Yes, staying busy does help. For the first month, every time the sun started going down, I would get this heavy pressing feeling on my head and I'd miss my girl in the worst way. That's gotten better (been about 10 weeks now), but I've backslid a bit lately with the crushing sadness. (((Hugs)))
Quote 0 0
Jen_0312
Monroegirl wrote:
I'm so sorry. Yes, staying busy does help. For the first month, every time the sun started going down, I would get this heavy pressing feeling on my head and I'd miss my girl in the worst way. That's gotten better (been about 10 weeks now), but I've backslid a bit lately with the crushing sadness. (((Hugs)))

Thabk you Andrea. I'm glad things have gotten better for you and I'm sure it's normal to backslide. Just when we think we're getting it together, we fall apart again. It feels good to have any good days.
Jen
Quote 0 0