Trouble
It has been 2 weeks since I lost my precious Trouble. My emotions are better, howeveer; I still have moments that I just break down. It is amazing to watch my other 3 cats adjust or not adjust to Trouble being gone. Diablo will not eat in the kitchen alone. The other 2 cats or I have to be there. Rascal is beginning to want loving on her terms, just like Trouble did. Rascal was not like this till lately. All 3 are very clingy and not fighting as much as they did. Diablo and Trouble roamed the outside together. I know it will take time for all of us. We cope 1 day at a time.
Miss you Troubs!!!
Quote 0 0
donnalee
Dear Trouble,
2 weeks is not a very long time when it comes to grieving so you are normal even though you still break down some.   You are so right, it will just take time. I know you miss your baby so much and I hope you get some comfort and peace soon.  Take care and I wish you well.   
Quote 0 0
judylinn
Dear trouble, your other furbabies, are grieving also. Have you tried talking to them. I know on some level, they can hear you. Maybe just talk to them about Trouble. it might help all of you.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Judy
Quote 0 0
TxGuy

Sherry: My prayers are with you. It was three weeks for me this past Friday. The days are getting better, but like you, I still have those moments.

Quote 0 0
KimK

It's 4 weeks today for me.  I still have my moments too.  I started sobbing during a lunch out with my husband yesterday.  He was just updating me about something with his work, but that particluar work thing started the day Rae died.  I immediately flashed back to that day.  My poor husband just looked at me with my eyes filled up with tears for no reason (to him). I told him what just flashed through my mind and he changed the subject to get my mind off it.

As far as my other 2 dogs, they have been pretty clingy too.  The younger of the 2, (she will turn 2 in a couple weeks) sleeps with me every night now.  I was thinking that was a little strange. She used to sleep with my son before Rae died and Rae used to sleep in bed with me and my husband. 

I still wonder why she had to be taken from the family that rescued her and loved her so much.  It's frustrating to not understand.

My thoughts and prayers are with you....
Kim

Quote 0 0
tikibarb
For what it is worth, I cried every day for 6 weeks.  It is 4 months now and I am relatively good.  I don't cry much but still have very sad moments.  I wouldn't worry too much about Diablo, he will come around.  They miss our precious babies as much as we do and it takes them time to adjust to their new routines.  Not knowing why is the hardest part for me.  I am placing my faith in that Ted had fulfilled whatever his purpose was here and was called on to move to a better place where he has no worries or sadness.  I have a vision of Ted being at the Bridge as part of the welcoming committee.  He was always very nosy and liked to greet everyone and check everything out.  That thought sustains me when I am most sad.    
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Trouble
Thank all of you. At least now I know my feelings and emotions are normal. Yes, Judy I have talked to all of them. I still do. There is comfort for me when I do. They do seem to understand. Tiki I agree. I know Trouble is in a field laying in the sun like she enjoyed doing.  I relate Kim. There are times at work when I see my screen savers with Troubs or look up a the pictures I have in my office...I will start cyring. One day at a time is all I can do.
Thank you all again for the encouraging words.
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
One day at a time is great!  I had a time that I was happy to get through 5 minutes at a time.  You have support here and know that you are not alone.  That is so important when going through this awful process.  I am curious how Trouble got her name?
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Trouble
I got Trouble when she was 6 months old. I have a coco clock that worked at the time plus a piano and a tall curio. Within one week she attacked the bird when it told me the time, sat on the keys of the piano when I played or gave lessons and jumped to the top of my curio. I looked at her one day and said....'you are nothing but trouble" so the name stuck. Needless to say she as she got older she would at times live up to her name. Today was hard. I was waiting on my doctor and the tears just came. 2 weeks ago today I found her. I am so glad for all of you who understands where I am coming from.
Quote 0 0
donnalee

Aww, Trouble sounds like a very lovable little mess.  Isn't it something how they endear themselves to us when they are a little mischievous?  They are just so cute and make us smile.  And it is such a void when they leave us.  I'm so sorry for what you are having to go through.  I'm also grateful for the wonderful life you gave her.  I wish you some peace and comfort in the coming days. 

Quote 0 0
Trouble
Oh she was. She would stir up something with my other 3 then look at you as if to say, " who me mom." I would just laugh. I wish I could get a picture of her for all of you to see. She is one beautiful cat and I miss her very much.
Quote 0 0
slotaddict

Trouble, I am very sorry for your loss..I don;t know how long it takes to get over (well never really over) or maybe I should say functioning normally, its been 24 days and I am still heartbroken...I know you miss your baby and I suppose that it will get better for all of us..I wish you peace..

Quote 0 0
judylinn
I love the way you describe Trouble. I loved it when Maddie was mischeivious...it always made me smile.
Trouble, I too am a piano teacher. Maddie's favorite place was under the grand piano....it was really loud there, but thats where she always wanted to be during the lessons.....as soon as I said to one of my students...okay....she knew that was the buzz word that the lesson was over...she would go to the window, and stare, until she saw a student walk by to come in...then run and get her stuffy and greet them.....I didnt even realize for a long time that okay was the buzz word.
I think that is so cute about her attacking the cuckoo on the clock.

2 weeks is such a short time trouble, it will get easier to cope.
though the missing takes a long time to heal.
thoughts and hugs to you.  Judy
Quote 0 0
Trouble

Thank you Judy for your story. I went yesterday to the vet and picked up Trouble's paw print that my fiancee had done for me. It was real hard but I did do it. I know it will take time. I am noticing Diablo my youngest cat doing things that Trouble use to do....like sitting in our front window. What is so sad is the depressed look he has. We have alot time together and we talk during those times. Trouble always did things that made you laugh. Some things were really out of character for her...but that was her.

Quote 0 0
judylinn

Its really good that you talk to your other furbabies. They are grieving too. It will help both of you. I think that is so nice to have an actual paw print. I wish I had that...but I have other things. I'm with you in your pain trouble..its so hard.  hugs Judy

Quote 0 0