It's been 2 weeks and a day since I had to put my baby girl Roxie down, I still miss her so much, it hurts every day that I walk in the house and she's not there, I miss everything about her. People keep saying that it will get easier but I don't know how nothing is the same without her, she and I had such a strong bond. Im dreading nice weather coming because she won't be laying in the yard with me or "helping" me plant flowers when does it get easier
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
My deepest sympathy on the loss of your sweet Roxie! I remember what it was like after I lost my dog, over 2 years ago. Coming home to the emptiness was awful. I really sympathize! 2 weeks is still a very short time and, unfortunately, mourning is a part of healing. I know you just want the awful pain and longing for Roxie to go away but it will take time. Cry as much as you need to and be extra kind to yourself during this very sad time in your life. I started a journal after I lost Bailey and it helped to write down things I wanted to always remember about him. I would also write to him sometimes. Maybe this is something you could try. I am glad you posted here. Everyone understands your pain so please post with an update when you feel up to it and perhaps tell us about Roxie. It's a painful journey for sure. I never found that it got better as I will always miss my boy but over the months it did start to get easier. I'm so sorry for your pain. Sending hugs,
MJ
Quote 0 0
tr4822
So sorry for your loss. Been 9 days since I said goodbye and it hurts real bad. I post on here quite a bit and it certainly helps to know that others care that you are suffering and hope your healing can start sometime soon. The finality of the loss is where I'm at right now. Was basically in shock I guess you could say 1st few days. Still tear up several times a day and miss my baby so much it hurts. I have another dog whom I love dearly so he has been getting extra hugs and kisses. As if he didn't get a bunch already. But missing KC is the hardest thing I've done in my life and I'm 66 years old. I want us all to get to the point that we have only wonderful and joyous thoughts and memories of our babies. We will be with them again in Heaven. We need to believe this. I do. Take care . Feel free to post . It helps you and helps us.    Regards Tom R
Thomas H. Rhodes
Quote 0 0
alexis
i'm so sorry. i lost my ginger 10 days ago and i'm having a rough time too. all pets are perfect i think, but ginger and i had a special bond i've never known before. this is the hardest thing i've ever gone though.

i really feel for you, too. for all of us.
Quote 0 0
Lucy6161
I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost 2 furbabies in 6 weeks , like you say when you're in the house they're not there, when the sun shines and they'd be lying out in the sun they're not there.
I loved them so very much and they knew that as I'm sure Roxie knew you loved her.
Time does heal but yes these early days are tough , I keep thinking of them both , at the moment I weep every time and am longing for the day when I think of them and smile .
There's no time limit though , this forum is a great comfort and people on here write the most kindest loving words. So share your thoughts and I'm sending you love at this sad time xx
Quote 0 0
Thank you all for your help full words. Its comforting knowing everyone knows how I feel. So sorry for your lost as well. I had such a bond with my Roxie she was always there it's funny the little things I miss opening the bathroom door after a morning shower and she isn't laying by the door, her howling when a siren goes off, the sound of her squeaky toy. Im having a tree donated in her favorite park with a plaque for her come spring and hoping that makes me feel a little better. We had dogs growing up but I never bonded with any the way I did with my Roxie.
Quote 0 0