cleopatra
I'm the only one that knew today was 2 months since my Cleo has passed.  Am I the only one who suffers?  I have planted flowers with her ashes and wait for them to grow but no sign yet.  Your bed is still empty as well as my heart.  Days are getting brighter but it seems I miss you more than I did before.  I think in a way I was relieved that I finally let you go but now I just miss you terribly...............
Jennifer Swanton
Quote 0 0
Pogo
Hi Jennifer
I'm so sorry for your loss.  I lost my beloved Moses last Friday and it is difficult.  He was a great cat and friend.  Please accept my condolences.  I know how painful it can be.

Robyn
Quote 0 0
BraveHeart
Only you know when Cleo passed, and only you know what you both went through together. Only you know how much you loved her, and she you.

But we all understand. 10 weeks now for my little girl Ivy. I thought it would be easier by now, and sometimes it is, and then sometimes it feels like the very day we lost her. 

What kind of flowers did you plant for Cleo?
Quote 0 0
cleopatra
Robyn and Braveheart thanks for your condolences!
I planted forget-me-nots!  For obvious reasons I will never forget her! The thing is I know how much she loved me and I know she knew how much I loved her and I think that is the most important thing.  That what we had makes it extra special because it was just between me and her.  I know the rest of my family loved her too but not what we had.  It's mine and hers only and it will love on forever.  I will never forget when she died but I will never forget how she loved and lived!  I am sorry that you are just beginning the grieving process and the loss of Moses.  I wish you could share a photo...  Thanks I always know I can come to this site for support when I am feeling sad............ So many people who share in our suffering
Jennifer Swanton
Quote 0 0
jazy2
hello, my heart is breaking too. sorry for your loss. i am so confused, upset, and so very very sad.
i had to put my little kitty kat to sleep on monday. she had cancer, she was my bestest friend, she was
17 years old. i loved my little black kitty. the house is so quiet, it is unbareable. thank you for listening.
lorre t prentiss
Quote 0 0
cleopatra
So sorry Jazy2 about your dear kitty.  17 years is an awful long time to have that sort of love and then to lose it.  I know what you mean about the "quiet".  Just alone with your thoughts and the terrible sadness of missing them.  You don't feel sad for their lives becaue their love and life meant so much but just a real sense of simply missing them.  I hope that you will find in time that yours tears will turn to smiles as you think of your black kitty cat.  Please post pics...
Jennifer Swanton
Quote 0 0
heartsick
Two months is a milestone in grief as is 4 to 6 months. We can sit and cry all over
and feel like we just lost them again we miss them so much.
The ache to just feel them once more is so intense it hurts.
It can hurt physically too.
We all understand here and we care about you too.
You are in my thoughts.
Susan
Quote 0 0
jphovercraft
I understand ... an important part of my presence here is the desire to make someone other than myself understand that there was once a wonderful kitty named Miles and that his little life MATTERED! ... that it made a difference on this earth ... a HUGE difference to me. Please know that anyone here understands that ... understands your loss ... a virtual hug going out to you ...
"There is no such thing as 'just a cat'." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me." - Kermit the Frog

"I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." - Gandalf
Quote 0 0
cleopatra
I know what you are saying jphovercraft!  And I will remember that Miles was special to you and mattered, a soul that mattered!  But I'm almost come to the conclusion that what we had with them is so much more connected because it was between us and no one else!  Just a powerful love of a human to an animal and progressing humanity........ 
Jennifer Swanton
Quote 0 0
maddy79
Hi Jennifer,
I am so sorry, it is so painful to realize that you are the only one who remembers, the only one who really cares. Or maybe just the only one who shows it and wants to talk about it?
I think they can only have that strong connection with only one of our kind, and that is all that matter to them. That that special human will always remember, will always hold them close to their heart and never forget.

Your Cleo was beautiful btw!
Quote 0 0
julieandfurbabies
Jennifer, my heart aches for you.  I wish I could wave a magic want and bring Cleo back to you and all our other furbabies. It pains me to come on here and see so much love and pain.  

I Haven’t Left At All

I saw you gently weeping as you looked through photographs
You paused for just a moment at one that made you laugh.
But as you turned more pages the tears began to flow
You whispered that you missed me but I want you to know;
I softly licked those stinging tears that down your cheeks did fall
I want to help you understand I haven’t left at all.

On those days that you are overcome with sorrow, pain and grief
I rest my head upon your leg to offer some relief.
When you take our walking path I’ve seen you turn around
Because I know you surely heard my paws upon the ground.

At night while you are sleeping I snuggle at your side
You stroke my fur as you touch that place where I used to lie.
You said it’s just your heart playing tricks upon your mind
But rest assured I’m really there, my spirit’s left behind.

I know your heart is hurting; it’s like an open sore
You think my life has ended and you won’t see me anymore.
But for those of us bound tight by love, death is not the curtain call;
It’s really the eternal beginning that waits for us all
So, dear Master as you live your life I patiently await
For us to be together when you pass through Heaven’s gate.

In Loving Memory

Cleo to Mommy

Love Julie x
Quote 0 0
mellor87
your bond with Cleo sound like mine with Snowflake, nothing can ever replace them and we are lucky to have had that love and bond. 3 months for my Snowflake today, miss her terribly and think about her loads.
Snowflake - You came, You Purred, You Conquered Our Hearts. Love You and Miss You Always
Quote 0 0