jdb79
March 28th I had to make the choice to let my best friend out of the struggle that was befalling him. At 17 years of age, the tumor and symptoms that came with it made his life quality start declining rapidly. I had to make such an unpleasant choice, the final act of kindness.

Needless to say Ive had better 60 day spans than the last 60.

I miss my friend. 

I love you little dude, my good ol' boy.

'Till we meet again, when my time comes we will be reunited in the next life.

jdb
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
So sorry, I had to let my dog go after 17 years also. Such a difficult time, but he was peaceful through it all. I've lost both my dogs in the last 4 months, I just go day to day. I'm sure he will be waiting for you when it's time, your 'dude'. Blessings to you.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
Bluestone18
So very sorry. A lovely animal.
Quote 0 0
jdb79
Thank you, Im sorry that you have been through both of your friends passing, it is such a terrible thing to go through, those bonds are so strong but live on though.
jdb
Quote 0 0
William
17 years is amazing! You must have a lot of beautiful memories.
That's a long time to spend with someone and I'm so sorry for your loss.
My dog was 14. Some people have said he was " old" it was " inevitable. My response is some marriages don't even last that long.. lol
And the longer you have your beloved pet the harder it is to let go. It's never easy but with all those years together it's painful.
Kim
Quote 0 0
TashasDad
Jdb79,

I sincerely hope you and your little dude, your good ol' boy are reunited together again as you wished. 

I long to be reunited with my Tasha again when the time comes. Nothing could make me happier. I fully understand this wish.

Tasha's Dad
Quote 0 0
StryderMyLove
Thinking of you, we are all in this together. This forum just shows how much are precious friends were loved! Hugs all around, I'm sure your lil dude watches over you x
Quote 0 0
JoyAlane
May God Bless you for giving your loved baby 17 yrs of care and devotion. My little Rowdy also was 17 when he crossed Rainbow Bridge. They give us so much unconditional love. Thank you for taking such good care of what God entrusted to you.
Quote 0 0
dixielil6
So sorry...grief is timeless when you lose your beloved pets.  I put my buddy down on March 26...good days and bad days. Hope you can think of all the good memories.  Peace! 
Quote 0 0
jdb79
JoyAlane wrote:
May God Bless you for giving your loved baby 17 yrs of care and devotion. My little Rowdy also was 17 when he crossed Rainbow Bridge. They give us so much unconditional love. Thank you for taking such good care of what God entrusted to you.

Thanks for all the kind words. Its a really tough thing. It seems like its been forever and like it was just yesterday. My heart is broken for sure. I had dogs as a kid but my folks cared for them. I bought Jake when I was 21, my sidekick my whole adult life for 17 years. Im lost sometimes still. Damn fine animal, friend, companion. Im miss him daily. I know he waits on  the other side, I know that day will be joyous.

Thanks again, I know he watches over me, loyalty beyond life and death.

I carry you with me little dude, good ol boy.
jdb
Quote 0 0