Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 7      1   2   3   4   Next   »
neesy369

Reply with quote  #1 
Good morning my handsome sunshine.

I hope you are doing well and are having fun at the RB. Today is mommy's birthday. I sure do wish you were here with me to celebrate. Since you are not, I do not feel much like celebrating. You are here with me in my heart though. You are the greatest gift I could or ever will have. I cherish and thank you for every moment of the 12 and a half years we spent together. I couldn't have asked for anything else. You were/are my everything. Thank you for all of your love and protection and everything you did and continue to do for mommy. I love you more than life itself my baby, and I miss you more than you can imagine. I hope, if you are able to, you will come to me in my dreams soon. I will write again soon my love of my life. Please don't forget me, and please wait for mommy. That will be the only gift I could ever ask for again is to be with you forever one day. I love you, I love you, I love you, love mommy

Sammy, my one and only Always and Forever

Sam (Sammy)
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/SAMSA005/Resident.htm
Sharmie

Reply with quote  #2 
So beautifully said

In your heart forever

Your wonderful Sammy 💕
Mybeautifulboy

Reply with quote  #3 
I am sorry for your loss, but I do want to wish you a Happy Birthday. My birthday is next week and know that my birthday wish will not be coming true, but I am grateful for the 13 birthdays that I got to be Bosco’s mom.

RIP Sammy
neesy369

Reply with quote  #4 
I understand. Everyone has been do nice, but without my Sammy it doesn't really matter
neesy369

Reply with quote  #5 
Happy bittersweet birthday to you ahead of time. My mother explained to me that as long as they are in our hearts they are here with us no matter what
Mybeautifulboy

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you neesy369.
Peter_S

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Neesy,

I saw this thread and couldn't think of not stopping by to wish you Happy Birthday - I know special occasions can seem less joyful and make us miss our lost companions even more intensely but it's my hope this gets easier and that you know, Sammy will always be celebrating those special times with you as Sammy lives forever in your heart. Last Thursday marked one month since Harley passed away, it's like a blur of a water color on wet paper the days are like colors that bleed and flow into each other and I miss him terribly but speak to him all the time as if he was here, and who knows? maybe they are.

I read a good little book it's called Goodbye, Friend I found it insightful and comforting I came across it on Amazon so it's available in Kindle or paperback - hope you're well ~ Peter    

"We could protect you from anything but time"

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/HARLE301/Resident.htm
neesy369

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Peter,

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes.  That is so amazing that you read that book Goodby, Friend by Gary Kowalski.  I am reading it now.  I ordered all kinds of books about pet grief.  It helps and is insightful.  I know you miss your Harley so.  Keep talking to him.  I talk to Sam and sing the songs I used to sing to him.   Lately he has seemed so far away and it's almost like I have lost him twice, but I think I did feel him in the house this morning.  I hope it was him, anyway.  Thank you so much for checking in Peter.  Please keep in touch.  It is so wonderful hearing from you.  I would love to hear more about your Harley.  Best wishes

Denise

Sammy...my one and only always and forever

Peter_S

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Denise,

What are the odds? that's so bizarre! but in a really good and wonderful way. I've been burying myself in books about loss and grief too, it helps a little. I think the more we understand something the better off we are I also read "When your pet dies a guide to mourning, remembering and healing" by Alan Wolfelt Ph.D and I'm about to start "Signs from pets in the afterlife" by Lyn Ragan which I'll be reading with one eyebrow raised but at this point, I don't rule out anything. I love knowing you still sing to your Sammy and I believe he hears you.

I think I can understand the feeling that Sammy is far away, sometimes I feel this way about Harley. I would be never be so presumptuous as to say I totally understand or that this is why. But that said, my theory is that it's not that they're moving away it's that we are learning to live in the world without them and because of this, because we have time where our pain is more manageable it can feel that way, it may mean  apart of us is learning to move on but make no mistake, we are bringing Sammy and Harley with us every step of the way. They're so deeply woven into the very fabric of our lives how could we not? They are our children, love can morph and change I think but it doesn't die.                                                                                                                   

Harley used to Moo like a cow, before I explain this when I was in my twenties I had an Akita who would howl just like a wolf especially to this one song by the band the Cowboy Junkies, he would just throw his back and howl something lots of dogs do and lot's of dogs that I've had over my lifetime have done it's a distinctive sound, easy to recognize but like most everything else he did, even Harley's howl was, well for lack of a better word, unique. One day I'm in the kitchen, Sean (the husband) is tinkering with this or that and Harley is napping on the bed when we hear this sonic boom loud cow "Moo" it was so incredibly loud and powerful, it went "Moooooooooooooooooooooooooo" we had no clue, we're running through the house trying to figure it out - and there's Harley sound asleep on his side mooing away in his sleep just like a dairy cow.

This continued all his life but you bank on him mooing to his favorite Twilight Zone episode "The Jungle" and his favorite movie, the priceless documentary "Dogs - an Unconditional Love Story" he would moo from beginning to end. When he lost his hearing it stopped and I missed the sound of him mooing very much, but every once in a rare blue moon when he was deep asleep by my side, in a raspy quiet voice he would stretch that big beautiful head back and offer up a faint but very long "moo" and it was always the sweetest music to my ears - Peter 

"We could protect you from anything but time"

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/HARLE301/Resident.htm
Savetherain4est

Reply with quote  #10 
I'm so sorry for your lost. I just lost my beloved dog Oreo of 12 years 2 days ago. It was sudden and totally unexpected- she had a heart attack. I was away at school when it happened. I've cried so much and so hard over the past few days that my sinuses are literally sore. Every day it gets a little bit better, but only by a microscopic fraction. I will always miss her, and now I feel empty inside and alone. It devastates me to be in this quiet house without seeing her at the foot of the stairs or on the carpet. Anytime I see something that reminds me of her, it feels like a piece of my heart is being ripped off and held over an open flame- agony. I know things will get better soon, but this is my first pet. I should keep telling myself to be grateful that it wasn't my great aunt or my grandma or anyone else in my family who is a person, but this loss is still devastating. I've lost family members/relatives before, and I never thought losing an animal could be up there in terms of intensity of anguish.

Reply with quote  #11 
Oh Peter!  Thank you so much for sharing such a happy memory about your handsome Harley!  I absolutely loved reading it.  Your Harley sounds like he was quite a character.  How wonderful and sweet!.  I hope you hear him Moooing in your dreams and always.  

I believe that you are right about us learning to live without them.  That feeling of him having "gone" farther away from me, is probably me trying to move on and having to live without his presence here on earth.  It is so very sad, but I think that is what they want from us.  Oh, and of COURSE they are still with us as we Do carry them with us and will until our time comes. 

I also read Signs from Pets in the afterlife.  It made me realize that earlier on after his passing, Sam was sending me signs, and I recognize that now.  I don't think I have seen any from him lately but, I hope he will continue to send me signs that he is still looking out for me and the family.  He was always such a big protector, but one with a most loving heart.  Just a gentle giant with such quiet strength.  He always made us feel safe.  I have also ordered The Rainbow Bridge, Pet Loss is Heaven's Gain.  I will read that one next.  

I hope that you are coping as best as you can.  It helps so much having someone to chat with.  Please keep in touch and whenever you feel up to it, write some more about your Harley.  I love reading about him!

Please take care of yourself and check back in my friend.

neesy369

Reply with quote  #12 

Hi Savetherain4est,

I am so sorry to hear about your Oreo. 2 days, how raw and intense your grief must be right now. I hope that you can try to remember the good times and those memories will heal your heart. Oreo will always be with you as long as you have him in your heart. he is now your guardian angel and will be watching over you and watching out for you, as he did here on earth. Please use this website as a means of connecting with people who understand what you are going through and who are here to help you. Please take care of yourself and look for signs from your beautiful fur angel. They do send ussigns God bless.

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/SAMSA005/Resident.htm

Savetherain4est

Reply with quote  #13 
Thank you- I pray everyday for signs from her. I always knew this day would come (she was a 12 year old shih tzu), I just didn't know how sudden it would be. I don't think I will ever be prepared to lose her. I've lived more of my life with her than without. In my religion, we don't believe that animals have souls like humans do. We do, however, believe that God works through them to bring joy and happiness to our lives. They have a special place in the afterlife, just not in the same way as we do. She was more than just a dog- she was a vessel through which joy and laughter came to us from above. That's really special. I know I cannot rush through grief, I just have to keep telling myself that tomorrow will be better.

Reply with quote  #14 
That joy and laughter will still be with you through all of the memories you have of and with her.  You are correct, you cannot rush through grief.  It takes time, some people longer than others.  Grief, at least the grief that I went and still am going through, is like a rollercoaster of emotions.  It does get easier.  The grief is still there but the pain is not as sharp.  I wish you the best of luck with your grief. Please be good to yourself and do not be afraid to cry.  It's part of the whole process.  Talk to people you trust, write about your Oreo on this forum use the resource here and in time, you will start to feel better and be able to remember the good times you had with Oreo.  God Bless you

Reply with quote  #15 
Oh Sammy....Mommy is missing you so much.  I wonder if you miss us?  I wonder if you hear mommy singing to you.  I want to let you know that I miss everything about you

Your soft baby fur that Dr. Anna said you still had
your stinky breath when you gave kisses
Your smile when it was nap time with Daddy and when mommy blew bubbles on your big belly
Your soft warm big belly when mommy would rub and tickle you
You beautiful big brown eyes that looked at me when I sang to you
Your great protective nature
Your bark
Your beautiful big paws
Hearing you slurp up your water, and leaving drool all over the kitchen floor
I miss seeing you at the window when mommy would pull up from work
I miss hearing your paws on the floor
I miss your bark when you wanted to come back in from outside or go outside
I miss telling you no licky licky when you would lick you precious paws to much
I miss you getting so excited when you were going for a car ride
I miss taking you and Chino for walks
I miss everything about you.  I miss you so much my sweet boy.  Please don't forget about me my love.
You were/are so perfect
Mommy would give anything in the world to have just one more of these moments with you, but then it still would not be enough.
I miss you my love of my life....love mommy

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.