kmayo99
Its been 2 months since I lost my precious Yuki. 2 months since that tragic hit & run. I miss him so, so much. I would do anything to have him back with me. I want to feel his fluffy fur. I want to cuddle with him again. I want to hear him snore and sneeze again. I want to hear his bark. I want to hear the excited bark he does when he hears me come home. I want to see the many tricks that he learned. I just want him back. It’s so unfair!! Bichons usually live up to15, sometimes even 18 years! But my sweet baby only lived up to be 3 1/2. He’s supposed to grow old with me and my younger siblings. So unfair. I wish I could go back to that day and do everything differently. He got struck by a car in front of petsmart before his grooming appointment. I was going to schedule the appointment at a much later time but I decided to do it earlier instead. I wish I did the later appointment like I originally planned. I wish I was just a few minutes late to the appointment or carried him to the store. I wish I had taken the time to put on his harness. I wish his collar was a bit tighter so he wouldn’t slip off the leash. I’m so sad. I don’t know what to do. I can’t look at pictures of my baby without crying. I long to hold him the way I did in all those pictures. I want him back. It’s so unfair. Why was it his time to go? I don’t understand.
Quote 0 0
pannklaus
I am so very sorry about the tragic loss of your precious Yuki. The questions you are asking are common when tragedy occurs.  If only, I had been a little later, etc.  If you had known what was going to happen you could have done any of those things.  But you didn't know obviously.  Anyone with advance knowledge that a tragedy was going to occur would take steps to prevent it.  There are no answers to why it was Yuki's time....some of our precious fur babies are blessed with long lives and others  are not and we don't know why.

My heart goes out to you as you are struggling with your grief and the difficulties of living without Yuki.  Regardless of how Yuki had died or what his age was when it occurred, you would have gone through this terrible grieving process which we all experience.  Because you loved Yuki so much his loss is causing you terrible pain, sadness, longing for him to be back and great difficulties in going on without him.  I can really provide no comfort other than to say that you are with people who understand your extreme grief and so wish that you did not have to live with so much pain.
Patsy
Quote 0 0
Gingers_Mommy
@kmayo99, I'm sorry for your loss. I understand your thoughts and feelings of guilt about the what if's. What if you had gone at a different time or day ... I understand bcs I've had similar thoughts since my Ginger was run over. You mustn't blame yourself. We must work on letting go of the guilt bcs grieving their loss is heavy enough on it's own. I'm sorry Yuki's life ended on so soon. My heart goes out to you. 💛
Quote 0 0