Mamahaak
On March 23, our 5 year old miniature schnauzer Diogi died in our arms at home after a long fight with AIHA (Auto Immune Hemolytic Anemia). This last Saturday April 23, our 11 year old miniature schnauzer Fred was euthanized due to diabetic issues. My heart hurts so bad and I feel so lonely. Both of our boys are gone in one month. I wonder if I will ever be able to think about them without being inconsolable.
Quote 0 0
camunki
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Diogi and Fred and such a close time. I know your heart hurts, and I am sure it hurts 2x as much with 2 losses. I too experienced the loss of 2 pets last year in 2015, but they were 11 months apart, I wouldn't even want to imagine one month apart. Our pets our our life, our family, our love. This greiving path will take alot of time, feel your feelings and please keep posting here and know you are not alone.

Cam

Quote 0 0
Mamahaak
Thanks camunki. It was a bit easier when Diogi died as I still had Fred to look after and love. Now I'm going through the grief by myself. I sometimes get a wiff of my boys smell-not the bad kind but the sweet smell after they would lay in the grass under the willow. I know it takes time but it so hurts now
Quote 0 0
elliemeewiz
I am so sorry, I can't imagine how horrible that is to lose both of them so close together. Hugs to you. I am scared something is going to happen to Sybil, our remaining cat. All my babies are gone except for her now, but it has been a few years apart. First Byron, then Angie 4 years ago and now Wizard. I just don't know how we can live through all this loss. 
My beloved sweet Tess August 1999 - February 21 2001
My beloved loyal Byron March 1998 - April 28 2008
My sweet beloved girlie Angelina April 2001- September 2012
Me & my sweet beloved Wizberry forever 1998- April 21, 2016
My sweet beloved Snow Goddess Sybil girlie April 2001- May 11,2018
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
I am so sorry. I just can`t imagine how you are feeling with losing your 2 beloved dogs in such a short space of time. I think the only little bit of consolation is that they are both together, running free over the Bridge. We lost our dog Jim 19 weeks ago, and even now every so often I can still smell his special little doggy smell - mainly when I go into our bedroom, where he spent a lot of time during his last few weeks.  I like to think he`s coming to day hello to me, making sure I am okay. Keep posting here, as I found this forum so very helpful, especially during those first tough weeks. Just knowing you are not alone is so helpful.
                                                          Hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Man  I am basically going through my loss by myself also.  This is the one time in my life I wished I had a partner to help me through this.  I live alone, well now I do since My Baby passed.  I considered him as my roomate and  pet partner.  I love living alone.  That is.......just My Winston amd myself!.

Susan
Quote 0 0
Eddiesmom
Mamahaak, I'm so sorry.  I truly understand I lost my two boys last month 3/9 and 3/31.....it is hard.  Very hard.  You will get through it, come here often for support.  One day at a time.

Hugs,
Sue E
Quote 0 0
Mamahaak
I am sorry for not responding sooner.

Camunki- loss is loss no matter the time between them. I'm sorry for the loss of your 2 pets last year. Thank you for telling me that it takes time to heal. It hasn't been a week yet and I don't feel any less heartbroken.
Elliemewiz-im sorry for the loss of your 3 fur babies. Hug Sybil extra hard today and give her one from me please.
Jackie- thank you so much for the mental picture of my boys just coming to say hi. I thought I heard Fred breathing and stretching this morning.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Mamhaak,
I wanted to add my condolences. I know how devastated we were to lose Bailey - I can't imagine losing 2 of your beautiful friends at the same time. I am so very sorry for your losses! Yes, please do keep coming to this Forum. I was just reading through your thread and thinking of all the broken hearts behind each post and yet everyone is always willing to reach out to others through their pain.
Thinking of you and sending Hugs!
MJ
Quote 0 0
CK1991
I am so sorry for your "double loss". I can't imagine how hard that must be!
Please take care!
CK
Quote 0 0
Mamahaak
WINSTONMOM-WE WILL GET THROUGH! HANG IN THERE! Remember the love that Winston gave to you! Hugs!

eddiesmom-You do understand. It is sad yet comforting to know that someone else knows the grief times 2. Hugs!

Bailey15- You are so right. Sad but comforting to know that others, like you, have been there and came through. It sometimes seems as if my heart pain will never go away, but I'm sure the sharpness will subside and I will be able to reflect back on the 5 years of love that Diogi gave and the 11 years Fred loved me so well. Only those who have been there understand that losing a pet is unbearable at first.
"Dogs aren't our whole life but dogs make our lives whole" Roger Caras
Quote 0 0
Mamahaak
Thank you, CK1991. It is hard times 2 but the kindness I'm receiving on this forum is comforting.
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
I love that saying " Dogs aren`t our whole life but dogs make our lives whole",  they certainly leave a dog shaped hole in our hearts when we lose them.  Another little saying  " We only have them for part of our lives, but they have us for the whole of their life ". 
                                                Take care, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Mamahaak
Love it, Jackie. You take care too!
Quote 0 0