Josiesmom
It's been 2 days since I lost my kitty, Josie. I had her for 15 years. 2 years ago, she was diagnosed with lymphoma. I decided against treatment as the bet said it would only prolong her life by a few months. This past Thursday, I made the decision that I really didn't want to make. Now, I am having a hard time. I miss her so very much. I feel like I did when I lost my father. Now, I wonder if I did the right thing. Maybe she wasn't as bad. I wonder if I made a mistake and I can't deal with that. She wasn't in pain but she was just skin and bones and had sequesterd herself in my bathroom - leaving only to use the litter box until she couldn't do that. I feel like I had her murdered. My husband doesn't understand my grief and thinks I have grieved long enough for an animal, but I can't stop thinking about her.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
I just now read your post.  I am so sorry for the loss of Josie.  We are all our pets caretakers, and voice.  I stand by your decision, since Josie was obviously suffering.  She didn't want to live that way, and I know you didn't want her living that way.  She may have been in pain, Ive heard that cats will seperate themselves when they know it's their time.  Dogs and cats hide their pain. 

You didn't have her "murdered".  You gave her the best gift of your love and caring by ending her suffering.  Some people just don't get it.  They don't understand the great love we have for our babies.  But we know.  There is no time limit on grieving.  I am still grieving way down in my heart.  I may not voice it anymore, because I'd get the same response you are getting.  I let my grief out on this forum, and my Winstons memorial.  There is always another pet parent who knows our grief.  Hugs  Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
camunki
Josiesmom, i am so sorry for the loss of your Josie....you gave her extra years of life since her diagnosis, so you were doing something right!......its been only 2 days so this is all new.....alot of the feelings you are having are guilt, and we all go thru the guilt phase, it is part of the grieving process. Please know you did the right thing for your Josie...she must have been showing signs that something was not right, that she was in pain.....and no pet wants to be in pain......thats is when we have to become selfless...and do the right thing as their caretakers.......We understand your grief, so please keep coming back here and posting, it truley helps

Cam

Quote 0 0
Josiesmom
Thank you both for your words. To have the support of others going through the same thing, really does encourage me that things will be "all right" one day. I am sorry for your losses and I am surely looking forward to being reunited with my Josie.
You both have helped me come to grips with my decision and anything less than what I did would have prolonged her sufferring. I want her back for selfish reasons. When we see our babies again, won't that be a wonderful day?
Its encouraging to talk with others going through the same thing. I appreciate you more than you know
Quote 0 0