Forum

Author   Comment  
AbramsMom

Reply with quote  #1 
Well, here I am, three days from my first anniversary of Abram's journey to the Bridge.  Having no children of my own, and following his Mamma's pregnancy from the time she left his papa to the time I picked him up at 8 weeks -- he was just like my little boy.  I loved him, fed him, housed him, clothed him with scarves and collars, took him to school, and even sent him for 10 weeks of finishing school at the Harvard of Belgian trainers, where he picked up his CD.  Sometimes I forgot he was a dog. 

But that realization came when he began to age, and age quickly.  It wasn't long before I had to make that most dreaded of decisions to have him put out of his misery.  It was Wobbler's, arthritis, and a few other things, not to mention I couldn't keep food in him and he was loosing far too much weight.  But we had a lot of good years, a lot of fun, and a love that will transcend time.  I know most people think it's utterly ridiculous, but I honestly feel as though I lost my only son.  Life's getting better, but there will always be a hole in my heart.

Linda
(A.K.A. Abram's Mom)
http://spriteengarde1.homestead.com/index.html
MER

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Linda,

I am replying to your note because I identify so much with your sentiments.  It has only been four days since we had to end our baby's life.  He was my baby for sixteen years.  His health declined very quickly this year but more in the past couple of weeks and drastically on that fateful morning. 

Blanco had been stablized on medication for seizures for many years.  however, this year he lost about half of his weight.  I hand fed him and kept him hydrated by water from a syringe.  He took the food and water gratefully but on the last day something seemed to instantaneously go wrong.  He began to make moaning sounds that I had never heard from him before.  He could not be comforted so I gave him a tranquilizer left over from previous years of air travel.  By the time we got him to the vet he was heavily sedated.  It all happened so fast.  We could not bare to see him suffer obvious pain.  This was different from his advanced age and other health issues.  Ending his pain was our only choice, but it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

I am still in a daze.  I can't stop crying.  I still expect to see him in all of his places around the house.  It is so empty.  My heart hurts so badly.  I want to hold him in my arms with his head on my shoulder one more time.  In the past that would comfort him, especially with the words, "It's going to be allright."

I just want to say that it is not ridiculous to feel the way we do.  I also have lost my only baby.  I will never stop loving him.  I just wish I could touch him, smell him, feel his little body one more time.  I want to kiss him and let him lick my tears like he did before when I was sad.

I seem to be rambling but just had to respond to you.  I don't know how I will get through the next days, much less a year.  May you be blessed and comforted on Abrams anniversary date.
dustyangel

Reply with quote  #3 

A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen.  ~Edward de Bono

How lucky we are, Linda, as pet owners, that in their "relatively" short time with us, they imprint in our hearts so deeply, that even their passing does not make them "unhappen" in our hearts...

Your dear Abrams, your sweet son, will always remain an imprinted part of the fabric of your life, of your memories of the times he brought you smiles and warmth....In a way, those memories become a lasting tribute to the love he gave you, and the love you gave him. 

God bless you as his anniversary gets nearer, and the memories of your last moments with him will likely surround you.  Please, remember, his love, also surrounds you in spirit, and will always be there to help you through the hardest of days.....as the candlelight service says....just "listen with your heart..."

God bless you,

Karen...

Attached Images
jpeg Dusty_with_Angel_wings.jpg (30.73 KB, 3 views)
jpeg Patches.10-2009.jpg (101.04 KB, 3 views)
jpeg Patches.jpg (18.75 KB, 2 views)

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DUSTY101/Resident.htm

"Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."
~Author Unknown~

Tricia

Reply with quote  #4 
Dear Linda,

I'm sending you my prayers and hugs on your beloved fur son Abrams  one year Anniversary at the Bridge. May all the loving memories forever live in your heart and soul.  Abrams precious spirit will always be just a whisper away.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Blessings and hugs,

Tricia

Attached Images
jpeg BurtonandOzzie2.jpg (179.16 KB, 2 views)

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.