Nikola
My sweet Ocelot ---- I knew how sad I would feel today....but how grateful I am to have shared 19 wonderful years with you.
My sweet tortie baby -- my soul cat -I take comfort you are now with your dear sister Mint -- whom I love and miss forever too.

Today I could not cook a turkey - the ritual we had well I just couldn't cope with it.

This was the time I was dreading--- Christmas without you ....
I know how you have been looking after me -- you have been in my dreams - you have shown me which way to go.....

Your Mummy and Daddy miss you so much. All we ever wanted to do was be with you all the time .....today we went out.

Run around with dear Mint - play with your toys. ...
Frolic with the other dearest cats who are with you at Rainbow bridge....

Life will never be the same without you
But I am the luckiest to have shared 19 wonderful years with you
Queen Ocelot ---- the tortie with "tortietude" how I love you baby

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quote 0 0
kllsu
Hi Nikola,

I am also very heartbroken this Christmas. I lost my precious girl the day before Christmas Eve. I feel like an emotional wreck and cannot stop crying. Putting away her little bowl and seeing all of her toys and special beds is killing me, but it feels wrong to move anything. I have another little dog who knows something is wrong and that is worrying me. My Savannah was an abused rescue that I have had for the past 13 years. I promised her when I adopted her that she would never be hurt again and that I would never leave her. Keeping that promise a few days ago when I held her as she passed away was so hard. I do not know how to process this grief. This hurts worse for me than anything I have ever experienced. God bless you and I will pray for your baby and you. 

Karen

1486130_10205220900789174_7629443759499408732_o.jpg
~Karen~ 

Quote 0 0
robertian1959
Hi Nicola and Karen ,
Know exactly what you are going through , had to put my baby of fifteen years down on the 14th. This was my first christmas that i was alone without her and although i thought i was getting better spent most of the day kissing her casket and begging her for her forgivness.

I thought i had got rid of all her belongings but found a couple of presents i had for her and a couple of neighbour kids (who are grown up now and moved away)came to the door when they heard about Gemma. I hope and pray that we can all find the peace and happiness we all want and for all the sad memories to turn into happy ones
Gemma's Daddy
Quote 0 0
Nikola
Dear Karen
I was so sorry to hear your news.
Such a beautiful photo.
So so very soon to Christmas too.
I hope you can be able to work through your grief and I send you love and calmness and strength.
I agree with you it's the worse possible thing to come to terms with.
The shock I still have when I realise I can't hold my girl again. All the photos I used to take on my phone -- all with dates- it's comforting to look but then it becomes impossible and the tears flow
With love to u
Niki x
Quote 0 0
Nikola
Gemma's Daddy
Thanku for your reply.
I understand about finding things.
I am doing that constantly - it's a comfort that soon turns to despair and heartache.
Take care
With love
Niki x
Quote 0 0
camunki
Niki, so sorry for the loss of your baby Ocelot....and i can understand why you didn't want to your turkey. I am glad you had 19 wonderful years with your Ocelot, and yes, how we always wish we could have more days/months/years...its neverending love.

I too lost 2 babies this year, one on Dec 3rd my Munki, and my other Daizy on Jan 2nd...so this Xmas i was without my two dogs...and miss them so much.

Wishing you a peaceful day.......and know your Ocelot is now your guardian angel, til you meet again..

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
Oriane
Everyone, I know what you are going through.  This was the first Christmas without my girl, and it was so hard.  I coped by staying drunk and passed out for a week, which is not good.  The only thing any of can really do is look ahead and not backwards.  I do not plan to get another dog for various reasons, but there are so many animals out there in shelters who are at risk of being euthanised due to overcrowding.  For those of you who are able, please consider giving a home to another animal who needs you and will love you.  Although I will not adopt again, I have volunteered at the shelter to help with the animals.  They need my help, and helping them will also me to cope with the loss of my girl.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful, prosperous, and Happy New Year. Remember to keep looking forward.  Things will get better.
Quote 0 0
MissingMySqueakers
Hello Nikola,

I lost my sweet girl Squeakers on Christmas Night. I understand what you're feeling. It's only been a week but seems forever. Even my other 2 cats seem to be sad now. It hurts so much, but I know I'm not alone in such grief. My heart goes out to you. Bless.
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
Karen, what a precious photo of Savannah and my suggestion would be to put her things away whenever.  crikey, I still have two cheweez hidden in the fold down part of sheet and comforter and one under my pillow where Roxie hid them.  for now they make me smile when I see them but I will move them...just not right now.  I had bought her a sheepskin crate pad and gave it to her two weeks before Christmas and it's in the crate that is still up because tae has used it when she wants quiet time (I leave the door open so they were able to go in and out as they pleased as their own place).  as for the toys and things, there is a time for everything and if putting savannah's things away seems wrong, perhaps it's a sign, idk.  as for your other fur-baby of course they know something is wrong as tae knew something was really wrong when I came back Saturday night without Roxie with me.  I was able to have the vet clip some of Roxie's hair so when I got it I let tae sniff at it.  she recognized it as part of roxie but she knew it wasn't roxie and basically she's been a god send to me since - snuggling with me, getting me to eat, etc.  not sure she'd be in the frame of mind she is without that lock of hair.

gemma's dad, so sorry to hear about gemma and it was so nice of the neighbor kids who are now grown up and had moved away thought enough of you and your dear girl to stop by.  I so hope that everyone here takes care of themselves and perhaps one day soon we will have more smiles when remembering our lost babies then the bad days of tears now.

many many hugs, warmest thoughts and prayers to all
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
Nikola
Missing my squeakers ....
So very very sorry to hear of your news on Christmas night.
I don't know what else to say except I wish you love and peace and calmness to help you.
It does seem like forever yes. I still feel that.
I keep being shocked that I will never hold Ocelot again.
Take care
With love
Quote 0 0
Nikola
Oriane
Yes I understand everything you say.
I feel at peace sleeping. After she went all I wanted was for night time to come.
I am not able to get another right now. I have sponsored a lovely boy cat at Cats protection called Pongo.
Also I've donated half my life's belongings to cats protection charity shops.

It's just take one day at a time. ....
Take care
With love
Quote 0 0
kllsu
Thank you so much everybody. I am going to keep some of my beautiful Savannah's stuff out. I just cannot put it away yet...feels like I am just forgetting her. Hopefully once I get her ashes and little footprints from the vet next week, I will feel more like she is at home with me again. Such heartbreak.
~Karen~ 

Quote 0 0
Nikola
Bless you Karen.

Some people put everything away to cope.
Others like to have reminders immediately.
It's hard.

I've kind of done half and half.

But I've kept it all.

I woke today feeling sad.
It's been very up and down since October 12th.
It's now more a shock that our little routines are no more, the constant cuddles. .
Oh you know. .......

I hope you are ok, sending love and understanding
Niki xx
Quote 0 0