Leahbeahis
Oh, the dreaded Friday. Each week that goes by is a reminder of how much further I'm moving away from that last day I spent with Lucy. It wasn't even a particularly good day. That's how it is when you lose someone suddenly and unexpectedly. In some ways, I think it would've been better if I had known it was coming. Emotionally it would be agonizing to anticipate such an awful event, but I know I would've made her comfortable and happy in her last days if I had the chance. I'd rather bear the pain than she. I'd stay with her to comfort her in her transition. I guess it's not good to dwell on things that are out of my control. It's so hard not to have regrets. I still hate coming home to a silent house. It's the most noticeable reminder that she's not here anymore. For me it's best to try not to think about it all otherwise it hurts too much. I miss my little girl, Lucy. I can't believe she's gone.

IMG_0728.jpg 
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
I know exactly what you mean Lucysmom.  I, too, wish I could have comforted my girl before she left.  When they leave unexpectedly, the shock is unbearable.  The guilt, the emptiness, the lack of closure from your best friend leaving.  I too would rather it was me to bear the pain.  We do bear the pain of being without them, and I am at least happy that my girl didn't have to be alone without me.  I see many animals that lost their forever person and are lost in this world.  It is hard not to dwell on things, although we tell ourselves not to, it is almost impossible.  I try so hard not to think about that last morning, but it goes over and over in my mind.  How did I not know?  Hopefully the good memories will take over one day and I won't beat myself up so much about something I have no control over.  Your Lucy is beautiful and I know she would want you to focus on the love she brought to you. They came into our lives with unconditional love, they are truly a gift from God.  Take care....hugs to you and Lucy from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Hello Leah, As Dali's mom said, your sweet girl Lucy would want you to remember the love between the two of you. That is what will transcend all time, space, and circumstances. There is so much that we will never be able to control. Yet I don't feel that our companions will hold that against us. The love will always remain a part of them and us! That love will open the door for us to see them again one day. You surely loved Lucy very much!!...............hugs from me and Coco......sincerely, Andrea
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
Dali's mom and Andrea, thank you for your support and for taking the time to read about my little girl. I agree completely, that Lucy, Dali, and Coco would want us to be happy. They loved us! We would want the same for them if it were us who had left this earthly world before them. Even though we cannot hold on to physical/material things or even our own bodies when we die, it'll be love that we carry with us, hopefully to the next place. Thank you both for giving me something positive to think of. I hope this week is going easy on you and that you are remembering the good times you had with dear Dali and dear Coco.

Love,
~Leah
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Hi Leah,
I remember reading your first post on the loss of Lucy and my heart breaking for you.  There is no way any of us can prepare, LM was ill for a long time and I knew the time was coming, even though I was able to keep him comfortable and say my last goodbyes I was not prepared for the gaping hole left in my heart and life after we said goodbye.  I will always carry with me the grief and his loss as you will with you Lucy.
Hugs to you and Lucy
Ann and LM
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Hi Leah...  the time goes by but doesn't change anything.  Roberts mom posted on another thread that "our relationship with our pet is the closest thing to God that there is".  I thought that was very profound, and very true.  That is why it is so hard to go on.  Losing them so suddenly is unbearable..the shock and emptiness is so hard to deal with.  I pray that you are doing okay.  We know our angels want us to be happy.  They are watching over us and with us always.  I am still trying to accept that Dali is not here.  My head knows, but my heart says NO.  Hugs to you and Lucy from me and Dali...

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
jonancy
Leah

I know exactly how you feel, except its Thursdays for me. My boy, Scooter, died suddenly and unexpectedly six weeks ago. I dread Thursday every week since. My heart goes out to you, this feeling is sometimes unbearable. I feel comforted reading the other posts here, I have to believe I'll see my boy again.

Take care,
Jonancy...Scooters mama
Quote 0 0