Leahbeahis
Luc Luc,

I went to the in-laws' house today to visit and I couldn't help but think of you the whole time. I sat on the bench that we would always sit on together. You'd jump into my lap and I'd pet you and massage your ears. All the other dogs would go to the grass to potty outside but you'd sit there on the deck and whine at the door until I let you in. You just wanted to be with me wherever I went. It's been a hard week, everything reminds me of you. Your dad and aunt miss you too, even Wyatt misses you. He picked up your dog toy and threw it expecting for you to show up and retrieve it. We aren't the same family without you, little girl. I can't bring myself to put away your last belongings - your dog toy, blanket, and bed. It's like I'm waiting for you to come back. I'm so used to having you and your things around. I just miss you so much, Lucy. Why did you have to go? Every day of my life I am thinking of you and missing you. I'm so sorry we couldn't have more time together my love. I wasn't ready and I know you weren't either. You were an old girl but you squealed with joy every time I came home. You were happy just to be with me. I hope we will see each other again and never part. I hope you are happy where you are, Luc Luc. I love you.

IMG_0449re.jpg 
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Beautiful tribute and wonderful picture of your Lucy.... brought tears to my eyes.  Our furangels definitely changed our lives and will be missed forever.  Hugs to you and your Lucy from me and my Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Hello Leah, every time I see a new picture of Lucy it endears her more to me. She is so very cute and I can see what a wonderful life she had with you!
 I still have a lot of Coco's things around, her blanket, pillow, pictures, pawprint, harness, collar! Even if another dog graces this house, those things of hers will remain hers and hers alone. They will be where I can see, feel and touch them because she really is the reason why, and how, I would have whatever I have to give another. She will always be remembered and honored for that.
 Thank-you for the support on my thread as well! Please take care. Lucy is so special and beautiful!
            Hugs to you and Lucy from me and sweet Coco......................sincerely, Andrea.
Quote 0 0
Lilimarie
Leah,
Hello my dear friend. Your words to Lucy made me feel your sadness. I understand you completely. My heart breaks for you because I feel so parallel to it. It's so hard to deal with how time flies. We change, seasons change, life changes, but I feel stuck in the same day I lost Benni. I know you understand. You and Luc Luc had such a strong bond. I know you loved every moment with her, and she loved every moment with you. Isn't it strange how with more time that passes the more we hurt and miss them. I want so badly to just reach out and hold Benni. More than anything. I can feel it. This picture is beautiful. I love it, she's a beautiful girl. She was so full of happiness. It's very clear. You gave her an amazing life, don't ever forget that. I'm always thinking of you and Lucy. Hugs to yall from me and Benni.
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
Dali's mom - Thank you for your support, I am grateful to have people like you to exchange stories and feelings about our fur babies with.

Andrea - I laugh to myself when people say Lucy is cute. So many times, people would come up to her and think she looked so cute and sweet, when really she was not friendly with strangers. She would give a growl and a quick nip if the person didn't get the hint. I always felt bad for kids because they wanted so badly to pet her but Chihuahuas are typically a one-person dog. As overly protective of me as she was, I always thought she was cute. I'm glad you keep Coco's things around you because I just can't bring myself to put away Lucy's favorite toy and dog bed. People must think I'm odd to still have her dog bed out when there is clearly no dog, but I know you understand when I say it's part of keeping her memory alive. You take care too, we're all in this together.

Lilimarie - I am always thinking of you and Benni, too. Every time I think of the awful way Lucy died, I know you are feeling the same about Benni. My heart breaks for both of us and for both Benni and Lucy. None of us deserved this. I fee the same about time. I don't want to go on without Lucy. We keep drifting further away from the life we once had with them. It's very painful, as you know. Thank you for your kind words and for always being there to listen. I hope I have done the same kindness to you. Your bond with and love for Benni cannot be denied either. The way you speak of him reminds me of the way a mother would speak of her child, with unconditional love. You cared so deeply for Benni and always accommodated him wherever you went and in whatever you did. You're a good momma, Benni knew that because he could feel it. I'm so sorry you have yet another Saturday to endure without your beloved boy, Benni. Please keep sharing stories about him. Peace and comfort to you always.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0