mrscucch
Hi

I am a new member trying to find the best way to help my 17 year old cat die naturally,

She is an indoor/outdoor cat.
Over the past couple months, she has lost a lot of weight, I can feel all her bones.
I switched her to wet food which she gobbled up and started to gain a little but a couple days ago she stopped eating, or if she ate even the smallest amount, would throw up sooner or later.
She is barely drinking water as well. She is having trouble getting around
at times and sometimes just stares off at the wall.

She HATES the vet and doesn't seem to be in any pain so I don't want her last moments to be trauma by having her euthanized.
She wants to be outside most of the time and hides which I know is normal.
I tried to keep her in but is made her distraught.

When she does come in, she lays on my lap purring for an hour or so and then wants back out.

Is there anything I can do to help her in her last days?
Seems like getting her to eat only ends up in discomfort.
But i wish she would drink a little.

Quote 0 0
hector4774
My cat was doing the same exact thing as ur cat. My cat is 18. Ur cats kidneys are probably failing. I took mine to the vet and that was the problem our cats are old now they have lived passed the average life of a cat. We decided to put her to sleep she went calmly and peacefully. We got her creamated. Ur cat is diemg slowly dont let her die like that
Quote 0 0
mrscucch
Our cat spent about 4 days in the same behavior and then suddenly had this big turn around. She's now eating again and putting weight back on. It appears she had some short illness and for now is back on track. :)
Quote 0 0
emblanawal
mrscucch wrote:
Our cat spent about 4 days in the same behavior and then suddenly had this big turn around. She's now eating again and putting weight back on. It appears she had some short illness and for now is back on track. :)

I agree with this it also happened to us when our family cat was displaying similar behavior like yours. She actually got lost and we thought she died already but after a week she came back super energetic just like what she used to be. She went on vacation I guess to revive herself :)
Embla Nawal
Quote 0 0
makesyouwonder
I'm so glad your cat has made a turn a round and is doing better.  I just joined this group to be able to share about my dear Little Anthony, who just went to heaven on 11/15/14.  He was a Maine Coon Cat and the coolest guy.  My husband and I had him for 16 and 1/2 years.  Little A. had a thyroid problem, heart problem and kidney problems.  He started eating less and less and finally not enough to stay alive.  To the end he was a lover boy and brave.  I knew in my heart we needed to take him to the vet the day before we did.  

It was quite awful for me to be there while he died.  The loss of him is hitting both us quite hard.  Frankly, I feel so depressed I don't have a heart to do anything or enjoy anything right now.  It's good to be able to just share this with those who understand the pain of losing one who loved you and trusted you without hurting you.  Little A's absence makes it hurt to even breathe in at times.  Amazing how much cat can affect your life.
Makes You Wonder
Quote 0 0