Leahbeahis
As Spring approaches, I can't help but miss my little Lucy. We would take walks together in the warm months. She could never go too far because she was so little. I'll miss that when it gets warm outside. The only way I can function is to suppress memories of Lucy. I try to think of the good times, but my mind quickly shifts to all of the bad times and of course the memory of her death. I wish I could change what happened but I can't. Even if we all could lose our loved ones in an "ideal" way, we'd still never be satisfied with it. Death is so permanent and I hate that Lucy isn't with me anymore. I can't help but feel like I let her down. I'm her momma and she relied on me for safety, comfort, and happiness. I want to feel better but there's always that cloud hanging over me. I think it's funny that a human, supposedly the top species, can have such intense love, loyalty, and dedication for a dog. My dog was a 5lb chihuahua. The first time I ever saw a chihuahua I thought it was a rat. This little dog has turned my world upside down and I am completely lost without her.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
Lilimarie
Lucy was the most adorable girl. She was a happy little soul.. Even through pictures you can see how much she loved you and felt so special that you were her mama. At the same time, I understand what you feel. I have those moments where I just can't believe Benni is not here anymore. And the way our babies died.....I think that in itself killed a part of me. I question It all the time..Like, why was he taken from me in such a tragic way or why was he taken from me at all! I loved and cared for him so much and you read so many horrible stories in the news about cruel people who hurt their babies, and I made sure Benni always had all the love and comfort he needed. I booked a trip for the summer and immediately thought for a second to make arrangements for him to stay with his 2nd family. It's mean how my mind still tricks me every once in a while. I get really irritated when people tell me "he's still here with you." No, he's not..I can't see him or touch him or kiss him or walk him. I know they're only trying to comfort me. I miss Him so much. I wish you better days, Leah. You were such an amazing parent to Luc Luc.

Love,
Lilimarie
Quote 0 0
Apollo_the_great
both of you had such cute and little dogs.  I wish both of them could have met Apollo, he was a big dog, 120 pounds. It would have made a nice video. Life is so crazy. Like Lilimarie said, why should horrible people still have their 'pets', when they don't even care for them. I am amazed at the different ways our babies left us, and some were just alike. Summer is coming.
William
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Hello Leah, I understand how you feel about the spring coming. It is very sunny here today with the promise of spring in the air and all I can think about is that my girl Coco should be here to be walking with me. I know that this is a year of so many firsts for a lot of us. Even though I welcome the nicer weather, its going to be tough without them.
 I love that picture of Lucy. I cant get over the big ears! Yet they seem to fit who she is.
 I think it can be so difficult to make sense of things Leah. As others mentioned, we loved our furbabies so very much! I am happy to have a place like this to be able to express and share feelings. And I appreciate how you feel about your dear girl Lucy. Perhaps we are able to ease each others emotional burdens a little bit through sharing. 
 Today marks 3 months that my girl left for the bridge. I am having that hard to breath feeling again. I want to take a walk in her memory yet I am apprehensive because its just hard to get out there without her! I know without a doubt that Coco and Lucy knew in their heart and soul, how very much we loved them. I will be thinking of you and Lucy today.
  I am going to try to get walking for a bit soon. I hope that my hands and feet don't freeze!  I am sending you many hugs and hoping that the coming days will bring all of us greater peace and healing.................Sincerely, Andrea
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
Thank you Lilimarie, Apollo_the_great, and Andrea. I know I've said this before but I am so grateful for your support. It does help me cope with my loss to read about other peoples' stories of their furbabies. I wish I could comfort you all as well but there is never much to say that would help. I'm sorry we all have lost our best friend.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0