Wileykitten
Best Friend... my heart hurts so bad as I write this. 17 weeks without u and I still cant believe ur gone. Crying so hard I can hardly see to type. I would give anything to have u back.. Riley looks so much like u and even acts like u. Sometimes I tear up watching her...but I am grateful for them both. I know u can see them but I wish they could see u and learn from u...
Im struggling so much with Christmas, my keeten. I can't believe u will not be here for it. I always loved watching u open ur presents. Ud get so excited ud snort at ur new toys.. I will never have that again with u and I can't deal with that. I can't deal with never being able to make new memories with my best friend.. the ones I have are so amazing but I cry thinking of them because I want u here. I pray to God I never forget any of them. I thinkof writing things down but right now all I do is cry missing u, my Wiley.
I love u so much...
I just love u so much, my keeten lover sweet.
I want u here with me...
Quote 0 0
George
I feel so sorry for your loss. I know your exact feelings. Why can't they come back. I would do anything to have my Tatoo in my arms as he chatters away.

I hope you find some strength in knowing that we all feel the same. It is just not the same without our buds by our sides.

Wandering around the house I feel so lost. Just doing little things that I put off as I would rather spend time with Tatoo.

I don't think Christmas will be the same without our buds. The smiles and just enjoying our special moments.

I wish you the best and strength in remembering Wiley.
"Fly Free My Little Too"
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
thank u George xoxo im sorry about Tattoo... what a beautiful bird. Yes life isso different now. I have Wileys six brothers and sisters they're not actually brothers and sisters but there aret the other cats I had when I had him..
I wasn't going to get any more cats but then my niece told me about two kittens that were abandoned in the barn she works at.. the barn owner's bottle fed them for 2 weeks so when I saw them they were three weeks old. Something in my gut told me to go look at these kittens and it was such a strong feeling that I just went. one of the kittens is a dead ringer for Wiley. I just started to cry. I named her Raley and her sister is all black with white spots on her belly and I named her Alex. they have brought much joy to my heart over the last couple weeks that they've been here in my other cats are slowly getting used to them it's fun to watch them try to play with them but still be the older cat :) but while I was here with me for 15 years we were inseparable he was my best friend and I love him more than life. I couldn't go anywhere inside my house without him following me or chasing me or hiding and jumping out at me. I carried him everywhere when I cleaned or made the bed or did the laundry he was always there. last December he started showing signs of chronic sinusitis, he was on antibiotics at least once a month and they would help a little with the symptoms but it just kept getting worse. on the last day that I took him to the vet, I learned that he has lost more weight and the vet said at this point we have to believe it's sinus cancer... she didn't think he could breathe good, I didn't either but I kept telling myself that it was just inflammation and it would go away... I lost my best friend that day, George... and I lost myself too. Im trying so hard to get through each day...17 weeks aalready I just can't believe it.
how do we get through Christmas without our best friends George??
Im so sorry you're hurting too... I don't know if it's comforting that so many others are hurting the way I am, or that all these people who are hurting as much as I am take time to care so much about me

Thank u xoxo
Love,
-Stacie
Quote 0 0
bartlett
To Wileykitten: I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time with the loss of your Wiley. He had a lot of love and even though he had a long life that doesn't help a bit when you have to let them go. Believe me I know because I just had to put my sweet Chester boy (dachshund) to sleep on Dec. 3. He was 13 and up until the week before Thanksgiving had been in excellent health. It was unbearable and still is. It's the lst thing I think of every morning and the last thing at night.

Don't let anyone make light of your loss. It just takes a LOT of time.
Joan (Chester's mom)
joan bartlett
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
I am so so sorry about Chester your loss is so new and fresh. If you are able to talk about him I would love to hear about him xoxo
Quote 0 0
bartlett
To George: Your cockatoo was so beautiful. I've had parakeets and cockatiels and I know how much fun they can be. Right now I have a parakeet that actually flew into my window sill one day and I was able to catch him. He's quite a character although not as friendly as others I've had. He won't come to you unless you offer food.

We used to have a pet store that had birds and I loved to go there because they would let you handle the birds. So neat.

Hoping for better days for us all. My Chester (dachshund) has been gone since Dec.3 and left a big hole in my life and heart.
Joan (Chester's mom)
joan bartlett
Quote 0 0
karens630
Dear Wileykitten,  I am so very sorry for your loss!!!  I had to reply because when I read your post it said what I feel in my heart with the loss of my cat, Fuzzy, or Fuzz Monkey.   I loved calling him that because he was always doing something to make me laugh even when I didn't want to. I lost him on 11-4-15 very suddenly.... He just turned 12 (a young 12 :-)  I swore he'd live to be at least 20!!!  this is the youngest cat I've ever lost and with no apparent illness--I did take him to the vet but it seems he threw a clot and just died, the vet said that heart disease is mostly undetected.  I wonder every day if I should have done something differently and worse I wasn't here when he died.. he died in front of my boyfriends mother who called me hysterical while I was at work, an 1h away.. I should have been there for him and for his last moments. I thought it would get a bit more bearable but as the days go on I am missing him more and more and begging for him back.  He was truly my best friend and I had him from the day he was born, my parents still have his mom who we saved when someone threw her out in the cold pregnant. my brother has his brother (which makes it harder to go to there for support). Fuzzy and I did everything together (except when I was at work).  He always helped me get through life's challenging moments (and i have had quite a number over the last 10 years) and now I just don't know where to turn. Thank you for sharing your feelings with your loss and letting me share a piece of mine.   I don't feel as alone as I did feeling the way I feel. I pray you find some peace somehow. It is hard to let go of the perfect love we have experienced.
~K
~K
Quote 0 0
karens630
To Everyone on this thread and throughout this site...My heart goes out to all of you and your losses... I hope that we can mend our hearts somehow but I know sharing with all of you has helped me by allowing me to share the memory of my dearest Fuzzy and reading of your losses I know I am not alone in how I am feeling.  Deepest sympathy and gratitude
~K
~K
Quote 0 0
Jessa
I'm so sorry for your loss.. Wiley sounds like an amazing cat.

My cockatiel Charlie had to be euthanised last wednesday. He had massive digestive issues and was losing weight.

I put so much time and effort in trying to make him better but sadly nothing worked.

I don't want to celebrate Christmas this year as I feel so lost without him..

Quote 0 0
karens630
Dear Jessa
I am so sorry about your Charlie. I have no doubt you did everything in your power to keep him safe and healthy. I am sure you gave him an amazing life of much love. Christmas won't be the same missing our pet babies. I have no interest in celebrating Christmas and even bringing in the new year :-(. Thank you for your kind words!! Wishing you healing and I'm sure your Charlie is watching over you!
~K
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
Thank u everyone.. I love that Wileys message brought so many loving thoughts not only to me but to others who were trying to comfort me xoxo I am so sorry that u are feeling this great pain and loss as I am. I also agree that Christmas will never be the same again, as I too, have no Christmas spirit. I was going to put up a small tree for my other cats but not only do I think my new kittens will find a way to destroy it haha but just thinking about the glow of the lights filling the room makes me sad knowing I will not be holding my keeten and singing Christmas songs to him as he buries his head on my neck and purrs... or watching him with his new toys on Christmas morning. I know u all are thinking the same about ur babies being gone.. I just dont know when the pain goes away.

Much love and gratitude for all of u now in my life,
Stacie

Quote 0 0