ImissSherby
Today is day 17 without Sherby in my life. The weather is beginning to change from Summer to Fall. He used to hate walking through dried leaves on the ground ... they would stick to his fur and he was so little, he would just hate it! He liked to walk on plain, dry pavement (he was a city dog). I miss doing Fall things with him. For instance, today my partner and I went for a drive in the mountains. We loved to take him with us and he loved long drives. He would gaze out the windows and just loved to see the world. 

We watched a movie tonight and usually when I would watch movies, he would sit on the couch with me and cuddle and sleep. I so miss his sweet presence in my life. We had such a strong bond and I could always feel my love going to him and his love to me in a constant current. It is hard to live without that little love now that I have experienced it. The world is much lonelier. 

If love alone could have kept your here, you would have been here forever.
Quote 0 0
judylinn
I'm so sorry for your loss of Sherby. That emptiness is just so hard to bear when the loss is so fresh. I only made it through with the support of this site. I continue to send Maddie love every single day. my belief is that they are still around us. Blessings to you in this most difficult loss of your family member...Judylinn
Quote 0 0
ImissSherby
Thank you judylinn, you are correct that this site is very helpful. The support of other people who really understand the pain involved in the loss of a beloved pet is so needed. I am sorry for your loss of your sweetie Maddie.
Quote 0 0
Mabel2014
I AM sorry for your loss. It really does hurt. A hurt we know is coming, but we really never know the depth of it. I keep a clear picture of my lost dogs in my mind, at their best and happiest, so I never will forget how special they really were. I may tear up every day on my drive home, but that is me remembering them, and that is okay.  There is no cure for a broken dog lover heart, and there never will be, because, we as people chose to love them so much, that they could not resist us!! And that is a beautiful thing, to love.
Quote 0 0
TimTam
I lost my Tammy on the very same day you lost your precious Sherby.Thought I was starting to work through this grief.Then yesterday it hit me like a ton of bricks again.So scared of having to cope without her.I have never been apart from her for this long in all her 14 years.
Being without you takes a lot of getting used to.
Quote 0 0
Kookies1Mom

Awww, what a punim! Sherby was adorable!

Yes, they do leave a huge hole in our hearts, minds and our energy when they pass.

Kayla got too old to climb into bed with me, so she slept on the pads, and the bedding I gave her right by my bed. Every morning I still watch when I get ready to step out of bed, so as not to step on her. Or, when I open the door to go out, I pause to allow her to go out first, 'cept she's not there.

For a "herding" dog My Ms. Kookie hated fall and winter! She didn't like her paws wet or cold. She was quite a sissy for being in NW WI. But, so am I :-)

I love pups that like going for "rides". They make our adventures easier and funner! 

Hold onto the good memories (especially the "I hate these leaves"!!!) part. 

Get all the hugs you can and keep coming back here as much as needed. (I know I will) 

A huge energy, starburst, super nova has passed from this earth. 

My sweet girl, Kayla (Kookie / Kookie Bonana) 1999 - 2014

Quote 0 0
ImissSherby
Thank you guys, I sure is hard. Today we went grocery shopping and when we used to get home with grocery bags, Sherby would love to walk up to all the bags and stick his nose in to see if there was anything for him! It is hurtful to get home now and not have him checking things out to see if we got doggie yummies. :-(   I know it is possible to survive this because I am not the first ever heart broken doggie mom, but it sure seems so awful right now. 
Quote 0 0
ImissSherby
I was just remembering a trip me, my partner, and Sherby took to visit my family for Thanksgiving. My parents have a hobby farm with chickens and sheep. While we walked around looking at the animals, we carried Sherby since we were not sure if he would chase the chickens. At one point we put him down to see what he would do and he started herding the sheep! He looked like a Yorkie version of a Border Collie. It was adorable and also quite amazing since it was his first time to be around sheep and he was never taught to herd anything. :-)
Quote 0 0
Katel
A Yorkie version of a border collie -  I love that image, what a dear little doggy who
thought he was a big boy.  Yes my dogs do/did   that too with the food bags    ..... have a good sniff to see what goodies  there are for them and woe betide if there is chicken in there.
I lost my last little girl 4 months ago, and am soon to lose another any day they tell me though
so far he is defying the odds.
I am so sorry you lost your Sherbie,  my heart aches for you and all the others here.
Why do we have to suffer so much? I don't know the answer.
All I can do is send hugs and love and tell you you're not alone here, we all share the pain.
Blessings
Kate 

Quote 0 0
ImissSherby
Thank you Kate. I am sorry things are not going good with your little one. This weekend was rough for me. The gulf of time between my last time to see him to when I can finally see him again after my own death is rather frightening. Just one month has seemed like forever after 14 years of almost constant companionship.
Quote 0 0