Mariefefe
I lost my best friend, protector, shadow, addicus died suddenly, i knew one day he would cross to the rainbow bridge, but was never prepared for the pain I feel, he was so loving and showed his emotions, kept me safe, made me feel loved
After my car accident 4 years ago I wanted to give up the pain was unbearable,he would not let me he stole my pillow, blanket, barked till I got up, he saved me, i miss him so much I'm lost without him
I dream of him and want him here with me
Addicus was 6 weeks old when he picked me
I feel like I let him down
Quote 0 0
Chrissy
I'm so sorry for your loss. It is very hard to lose should treasured babies.  I also felt all of the things you mentioned and miss my Duke so very much.  I hope you can find comfort that there are lots of us who feel your pain and are here to lend a listening ear. X
Quote 0 0
ForCupcake
I know exactly how you feel. I lost my beloved Cupcake, suddenly, yesterday. I haven't stopped crying since. It's like this tidal wave of emotion and you can't breathe or see your hands in front of you to wipe away the tears. Sounds like Addicus was an amazing companion in your time(s) of need. I went through a lot with Cupcake, she was 10 years old and I had her since an 8 week old puppy. I am sending you a hug and I hope we both find some sense of comfort in the coming days, weeks, months, years. Again, Mariefefe, I know EXACTLY how you are feeling. With love,

Sierre B. 
With Love,

Sierre B. 
Quote 0 0
Mariefefe
ForCupcake wrote:
I know exactly how you feel. I lost my beloved Cupcake, suddenly, yesterday. I haven't stopped crying since. It's like this tidal wave of emotion and you can't breathe or see your hands in front of you to wipe away the tears. Sounds like Addicus was an amazing companion in your time(s) of need. I went through a lot with Cupcake, she was 10 years old and I had her since an 8 week old puppy. I am sending you a hug and I hope we both find some sense of comfort in the coming days, weeks, months, years. Again, Mariefefe, I know EXACTLY how you are feeling. With love,

Sierre B. 
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Maria
Addicus was so very special and filled so many roles in your life. It's no wonder you miss him so much. Your car accident must have been a bad one so for Addicus to be there for you and support you (animals are so instinctive that way) through that traumatic time in your life would have made your bond even stronger. It's no wonder you are feeling so devastated. My dog Bailey, who died in November, when he was 15, was there for me through so much and when he left I felt I lost a huge part of myself - the best part. I am so sorry for the pain you are going through! I do understand and I know it's excruciating. Trust me when I tell you that it will get better. In time, that huge hole in your heart will be filled by all of the beautiful memories of Addicus - which will bring a smile to your face. I'm not quite there yet but I feel I am getting there. After Bailey died, I picked up a journal and wrote about how I was feeling and I also wrote to Bailey. I looked at his pictures every night before I went to sleep. I jotted things down in my journal like all of the pet nicknames we had given him and special things that I didn't want to forget. I am still working on a Memory scrapbook which helps me to feel closer to him. I asked family and friends to write down a special memory of Bailey to include in my scrapbook and their written reflections of him made me feel so happy.
I will say a prayer that you are able to find some peace. :)
Hugs,
MJ
Quote 0 0
CK1991
I just wanted to add my condolonces. Addicus was a very special friend and now he will be your angel to watch over you. So sorry for your loss!
CK
Quote 0 0
camunki
My condolences your way for Addicus....please know 17 days is raw, its fresh, and so new. The days, weeks and months ahead too may be difficult.

I myself, journal each day, since i lost my beloved Munki on Dec 3rd, i have so many pictures to look at, I have her collar on my nightstand, and I still sleep with her blanket at night, just to feel close. I still cry each day and its going on four months....When our pets leave us they take a huge chunk of our hearts.

Please know you are not alone....

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0