Leahbeahis
Grief doesn't give you much of a break, does it? One minute you think you're doing fine, and the next you are inconsolable. What are we all going to do without our babies? I don't know the answer. It's hard to stay positive when so much good has been taken from your life. My heart is hardening and I feel like I'm becoming more and more cold as time goes on. I don't think it would be a stretch to say that most of us suffer some post traumatic stress after losing our loved ones. I can never be "normal" again. I'm not comfortable in this new life without Lucy. I miss my friend, my pal, my wing-gal. I try to be strong and move forward but I'm just not "me" without Lucy. Hopefully each new day moves me closer to her.

~ Leah
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Leah, you are so right about grief not giving us much of a break, it always seems to be waiting in the wings, and with it the sadness and emptiness of our babies being no longer here on this earthly journey with us. I will never ever get used to this new normal, and even though I may be carrying on with the chores and responsibilities of daily life, there is always something missing, it is as though when our little ones leave, they take such a huge piece of our hearts with them, and how could we or our lives ever be the same again, and really, would we ever want it to be. 

My friends and family never talk about Jasper anymore, actually shortly after he passed there was hardly even a mention of him, perhaps they were just trying to protect my fragile feelings when I was in the deepest throes of my grief, but it would have meant so much to me had they all talked to me about him, if they had said his name, because he did count, he did matter, he was and is my world, and he will forever be my bright and shining little star, and his light will never fade from my life.

Try to keep hope in your heart Leah, the bond you and your sweet girl shared could never just go away. Your Lucy and my Jasper were not meant to come into our lives just to go away, they are still with us in so many ways, we just need to reach across that rainbow somehow and know that they are really not that far away after all. Your post and your words are so filled with the love you have for your sweet girl, and I just know she can still feel that even now. I know how hard it is, I was so unprepared for the depth of my sadness, I was so not ready to say goodbye, and what I would give for just one more day with my boy. Take care, and I wish you peace and hope in the days ahead ... hugs to you and Lucy, from me and Jasper.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Bellamum
valentines-day-dog-ihdj9rxs (1) (300x200).jpg 
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, LUCY!
Have a great day with all of your friends and always remember how much your mommy loves you and misses you.  xxx
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
Tammara
You all are so on point. Yesterday was Valentines Day and today I am preparing for King's memorial.
The weather in NY is freezing and tomorrow it's expected to be 17 degrees.

Therefore, I haven't invited a lot of people. Quite honestly not everyone is open minded about his memorial. Honestly, speaking it's healthy for us and our love ones to vocalize our feelings. However, this isn't always the case.

My youngest daughter isn't sticking around often, because she can't deal with my wailing. She's just focusing on her studies and work.

Every day, I am so ever grateful that we have each other.

That was thoughtful of Bellamoms to design those loving hearts on Lucy.

My hopes, prayers are for peace, love and light!
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
LUCY_1.jpg 

TO MY WONDERFUL MOMMY ON VALENTINE'S DAY. SORRY IT'S A BIT LATE BUT I'VE BEEN SPENDING TIME PLAYING WITH MY FRIENDS, OLD AND NEW. I LOVE YOU MOMMY, ALWAYS HAVE, ALWAYS WILL. YOU ARE SO SPECIAL TO ME AND ONE DAY, WE WILL BE TOGETHER AGAIN. 

I AM SENDING YOU HEAPS OF KISSES AND BIG BIG PAW HUGS. YOU ARE THE LIGHT OF MY LIFE, MOMMY. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE BESIDE ME. 

LOVE YOU SO. FROM YOUR BELOVED, BEAUTIFUL LUCY.

xxxxxxxxxxx

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis

Jaspers' mom - Thank you for your kind and comforting words. I resonate with what you’re saying. Now we are just shells of our former selves, worse versions of ourselves if you will. I’m so sorry your family members don’t mention sweet Jasper. There are those who are blissfully unaware and then there are those who are just too selfish and wrapped up in their own lives to realize the pain you are going through. I on the other hand will always be willing to listen to anything you want to say about Jasper or about your journey through grief. I can understand how much he must mean to you. You are right, you will always be connected to Jasper as I will to Lucy, we just have to have faith.

Karen – Thank you for your Valentine – it was a great perk! The picture you posted actually reminds me of Lucy for some reason (other than the fact that it’s a Chihuahua!). I appreciate the sentiment.

Tammara – I’m so sorry you are receiving negative feedback for grieving in the way that you are. A lot of people have a hard time understanding what it’s like to lose a pet that you view as a family member. You are always welcome to openly express your feelings on this forum. I’ve found that the people here are so kind and supportive.

Wendy – Thank you for your Valentine. I wasn’t aware that anyone did this sort of thing but I am delighted to see it. I think this is such a sweet, heartfelt gesture. I know Gonzo, Solly, and Daisy-Mae would never miss a chance to spend Valentine’s Day with you if they could. I hope it wasn’t too miserable for you.

~ Leah
Quote 0 0