StefR
Wednesday evening my boo wasn't well.
He'd long lost the zoomies that Boston Terriers are often known for, and while he continued to follow me everywhere, his hearing was going, his sight, a memory, and it wasn't many days that he wasn't staring into space, or walking into a wall. 
He'd seen his vet two weeks ago, gastritis. A few shots, antibiotics, and back to the grind. Just he and I; partners in crime.
But like I said, Wednesday he wasn't well. I worked for most of the day, and spent a good amount of time walking him, as he'd had stomach issues, again. 
The evening turned into an in and out game, followed by my poor baby throwing up everything he'd eaten that day. Shaking, in discomfort, and by now, nearly 3AM, I contacted our emergency vet.
I said goodbye to my baby from my car, because of COVID-19, and not being able to enter the facility. He wasn't well, they called me as I waited, and they could fix him up, but he wasn't well. The on-call vet was compassionate, kind, and understanding (I'm a psychotherapist who rarely loses my cool, and I was dripping snot and tears everywhere), and that was helpful. She helped me understand what I was saying, making sure I heard myself, and helping me to make the right choice. I will miss my boy always.
I'm an empty nester, so this morning, the first full one (I was up all night Wednesday into Thursday) without my guy, was quiet. No little feet eager for their morning stroll, no sniffing for breakfast while I brewed coffee, and no little soft muzzle nestled into my feet as we sat on the balcony taking the morning in.
I feel okay, but I don't know how I'm supposed to do this. I've lost a parent, oddly, it was very different. 
S. Rowley
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
I’m so very sorry for your loss. That is hard especially in times like these that you couldn’t be present.  It’s so heartbreaking to lose these sweet dogs.  They are family, it hurts bad when they must leave us.  Bostons are so cute.  I’ve had boxers and they do the zoomies too. I joined this great community months ago when my Lily passed.  I miss her terribly she was my best friend.  I grieved more for her than a relative who recently passed.  This website helped me tremendously.  Talking to others going through the same thing. I hope it helps you as well.  Hugs to you.
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 1 0
StefR
Thank you, Linda. I agree, I cried too, more than losing a family member. He was my best friend. I'm slowly trying to not cry all day, or with each thought of him. Bedtime is hard, he's not there at my feet following me, and waking up, no early walk, pre-coffee.
S. Rowley
Quote 1 0
JulieF
StefR - So sorry for your loss!  Mornings and evenings are hard - the time those routines we get into with our pets now do not exist.  I know how you feel  - I had to put my tuxedo cat Patch down last Monday and could not be with him because of COVID.  I hope each day starts to get a little better.

Bless you
Quote 1 0
BoxerMomForever
JulieF, I’m sorry for you’d loss.  That is heartbreaking you couldn’t be with him.  Hugs......
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 1 0
StefR
Julie-

Your baby...I am so sorry. Each day has been a little easier. I just wonder if being this quiet around here will always feel so heavy. I live alone, am a 45 y/o empty-nester, and he was my little companion. We never minded the quiet, and quite liked it. Now it seems deafening. I hope your baby, Patch, is peaceful now. Maybe even welcoming my little Schumi Thursday morning.

Thank you! and Linda, you're lovely. 
S. Rowley
Quote 0 0