Leahbeahis
I miss my little girl so much. The weeks go by and I just can't believe that she is gone. I can remember exactly how it feels to hold her, pet her soft fur, scratch her big chihuahua ears, and kiss her on the forehead. I used to love giving her a bath because I liked taking care of her. I'd soak her paws and get the dirt out from her nails. She had a little foam pad to sit on so she didn't slip. I'd give her a little massage while I was soaping her up. She hated getting a bath but she so loved being clean afterwards. She'd run around the house like a madman. It had to have felt good to have clean ears, clean fur, clean teeth, trimmed nails, and be free of eye boogers. I'd lay with her to keep her warm while she was drying. I miss little moments like that. It's too bad their lives are so short. I didn't get enough time with Lucy. I want her here with me always. I never thought I'd only get 10 years with her. Even if she lived to 20 years, I feel I wouldn't be ready to let go. It will be such a long time of waiting for me. I want to be present for my loved ones I still have, but a part of me is gone forever. I can't fully be present without Lucy here. I can't wrap my head around this, it's too painful. I hope she is playing with all of the babies you all have lost, because it seems like they were the type of pet Lucy was.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Hello Leah, Lucy is so cute! The way that you talk about her is so sweet. I know it is bittersweet to recall the memories sometimes. I miss Coco terribly as well! But it is good that we had those moments with them. They could feel how much we loved them when we took the time to do those everyday things with special care!  My thoughts are with you today...and I know that Lucy has some very good company at the bridge with all of her friends that have been loved so much!!.....Sincerely, Andrea, Coco's momma.
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
Thank you for your support, Andrea. As you know, it's not easy. I want to think only of the good times but the pain of the loss is always there and it makes me sad that she isn't by my side anymore. I'm sure you feel the same about Coco. It makes me happy to know that Lucy has a lot of good friends now.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
loft2111
I love the picture with her paw over her eyes, it's adorable.  It's so comforting reading stories of others who took such good care of they fur babies.  I find myself browsing the internet and reading shelter dog stories, it's terrible how some are so mistreated.  Lucy was loved so very much and even though she is not physically with you she will always be around.
Quote 0 0
Apollo_the_great
From what I read dogs hate baths because it took their natural scent away but I'm not trying to rain on your parade
William
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
Little Man's mom - I've done that too and it makes me sad when I check on them later on and they still haven't been adopted yet. It's too bad there aren't enough homes willing to take these guys in.

William - That's probably true. Maybe being done with her bath is what made Lucy so happy.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0