Lilysmom
Its 11 days now since I lost my beatiful Lily pup. Today I got her remains back from the vets and I somehow thought it would be easier but its not. My best friend is gone and my heart is still broken. I dont know how or if it will ever get easier. I miss you and love you so much princess beautiful xxxxx
Quote 0 0
patent123
I thought the same about maybe things being easier with my pups remains at home.  How wrong was I! It really felt like our final chapter coming to an end..like before I had some small chance of getting her back.  I cried when they presented me with her ashes and immediately ran out of the vets office. Its ok to cry and be sad.  Lily was a HUGE part of your life.  Saying goodbye is never easy no matter what the circumstances are that brought you to that point. What helped me is turning on one of those fake wickless candles at night before bed time.  I keep it next to her ashes and collar.  Its not the same as taking her outside then having her snuggle down in bed.  Its our new routine though.  Its my way of saying I remember and love you.  As silly as this probably sounds it also makes me feel more comfortable knowing she will be able to see her way through the dark house.  

I also keep her last photo taken as the background on my phone.   It allows me to remember her and see her face when I am having a difficult day.  What helps most of all is coming here.  Being around other people who share my pain is comforting.  Everyone here can relate to each others loss.  Its nice to share stories of our friends, get advice on how to cope, and sometimes just vent our sadness.  Theres no judgment or harsh words here...everyone understand and genuinely cares.  Best advice find some way to honor your friend.  Maybe its making a special area for her ashes to sit, maybe its presenting a needy dog at a shelter with some of her favorite treats, or getting a special painting done of her.  Do what you feel best fits and represent the life you all shared.  Most importantly take your time to grieve realize it wont go away in a day, a week, or a month.  Everyone is different on how they handle their sadness. I still struggle daily but with time I see myself accepting her fate.  Ultimately I know we had an amazing life together.  Although sad and overtaken with this empty feeling of missing my friend I know what I did was right.  I hope you find some peace soon. Until then talk out all your thoughts here we are all each others shoulder to lean on.
Quote 0 0
Katel
Lilysmom wrote:
Its 11 days now since I lost my beatiful Lily pup. Today I got her remains back from the vets and I somehow thought it would be easier but its not. My best friend is gone and my heart is still broken. I dont know how or if it will ever get easier. I miss you and love you so much princess beautiful xxxxx

My deepest sympathies at the loss of your beautiful Lily pup.  What a beautiful girl she was. One day you will smile through your tears at the memories but for now you have the journey of grief
to make and that takes its own time. 
I wish you peace and healing,

Blessings
Kate 
Quote 0 0
Charliesmommy
I'm so sorry that you had to say goodbye to your Lily.  Such a sweet looking girl.

I'm on day 26 and find that how much better I am doing or not doing depends on the day.  In the last three days, I've not been doing as well in the mornings but as the day goes on, I do somewhat better.    Its comforting to come here though and I hope you find it that way too.

hugs,
Tammy
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
I love the photo of Lily. She is an absolutely beautiful girl. I'm sure my Murphy is paying her a great deal of attention. They make a stunning pair, so similar in their looks.

I did feel a huge sense of relief that Murphy was finally home again after he'd been in the hospital for 13 days and it took another 6 days to get his ashes. However as patent123 said, it confirmed (to the degree I can yet accept) that our life together is over. I still feel better knowing that he's no longer in a place where he was frightened and lonely for me, but nothing takes the place of him being right here next to me, rubbing his belly and feeling every breath he takes. The depth of my grief hasn't lessened a bit but it has changed in the 3-1/2 months Murphy's been gone. I'm no longer in the state of being totally incapable of functioning, crying hysterically, screaming in anger and denial, and constantly reliving every moment. Now I simply exist. The sunshine in my life came from the love in Murphy's eyes and without it I'm still lost. Being so incredibly thankful to have shared his life along with the knowledge we'll be together again some day and having Spencer and Grady to care for is what keeps me going. We have to try and focus on the wonderful memories and unconditional love we shared as much as possible.

Wishing you peace and happy memories,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)

"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0