phalaris14
 Well Lottie- da today marks the tenth week since you've been gone.The raw pain has lessened.... but the sadness remains. Wednesday's at 11:30 will never be the same.

“Tears are words the mouth can't say nor can the heart bare.” 
― Joshua Wisenbaker

Ten years ago, when I found you walking down the center of the road, I never would have  guessed how a  flea bitten, dirt encrusted little Basset would have changed my life. Lady, I want to thank you for giving me ten years of total love. Rest assured little one, that you will always have a special place in my heart.

I
 miss you so much Girlie-girl. You will never know what you have meant to me. I can't say anymore... but will let my tears let you know the love I have for you.

Love,
                         Dad [image] 
[image]
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
aaww i'm quite certain from reading your posts about your sweet girl that she absolutely knew how much you loved her and love her still.  Saturdays at 7:54pm is my Achilles heel now but for my sweet girl roxie it was when she was given my love and permission to finish crossing the bridge to a better place for her.  darn it, wish the tears didn't make it so hard to see what i'm typing.  i'm also sure your sweet girl is around you in spirit and hears/sees all that you say and do especially when you are thinking or talking/remembering about her and your 10 years together.  now if I could just find a tissue.  many many hugs
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
phalaris14,
It's so wonderful that you rescued this dear girl and gave her 10 wonderful years! My boy was a rescue as well so I know that they give back every bit of love and more! :)
So sorry for your loss!
MJ
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Bret:  Thank you for posting about Lady. Ten weeks-- does it feel longer? Is it all a blur? I don't know. For me it's very hard to measure time. I know the exact date, day & time but somehow I still have moments of 'please make this empty, bad dream end'. I know Lucy is gone. You know Lady is gone. Because we miss our girls so much. But they're with us~ and will always be with us because they captured a very special part of our hearts.

But man oh man,  it is very hard. Reading your story and many other wonderful posts gives me hope, and yes, courage that I will be able to adopt a rescue.  Not sure when it will be but I am counting on that special part of my heart to guide me.  Trying to get through these days of missing Lady when 'the raw pain has lessened...but the sadness remains' is something that we all truly understand. I believe that Lady is with you...guiding you...and helping you everyday. Your heart & soul connection was too strong!  Kasey
Quote 0 0
phalaris14
Thanks to all for the support. Ten weeks; I have said it before, sometimes it feels like just yesterday... and other times like it was another life. Those sudden reminders are the hardest. This morning while feeding the cats, I was hit with such sadness that I had to cry out her name. Thankfully I live out in the country. I would always accidentally (ha ha ) drop a small handful of cat food for Lady to eat. She would patiently wait, sitting on the hill, until she saw the food hit the ground. Then she would come running and eat every bit. That always made me smile. It is those little special moments that we enjoyed with our precious ones that we all miss the most. Knowing those special moments will  happen no longer .... is the worst. 
[image]
Quote 0 0
BrianG
What a wonderful message, I hope you find some comfort knowing what a wonderful life you gave her.  I came in to write a little note for my Girl who I lost 3 months today.

I hope you find Peace in your heart, it's hard, i'm searching, I hope I find it ...

You have a wonderful day !!

Brian
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
I know what you mean when you say it was like yesterday but then it seems like another life. She was beautiful. I used to call my Sadie girlie-girl. I lost her Thursday feb18th. I had to put her down because of kidney failure. Worst day of my life.I wish us all some peace.
Quote 0 0