wolfshadoww
It has been 10 weeks since Spider was hit and killed by a car near my house. After all of the crying and grief, the healing process began.

But I still miss him every single day. I still have dreams about him- alive, being himself. Despite us adding a new puppy to the household, he just hasn't filled that gap that Spider left behind for me. I have never been that much of a dog person anyway, as much as I do like our dogs.

I have been looking for a pair of kittens, but still haven't found any that seem to be the right fit. I know they will come when the time is right.

Still not a sign from Spider, either, unless he is coming to me in my dreams?

I find myself missing that little guy everyday. I ended up having to paint a new tribute to him on the backplate of my goalie mask, since the stickers kept peeling off. Since his death, I have come close to adding lots of little pawprints for shutouts, but have only been able to add one.

It came from a win at the Pepsi Center, which will always be a nice way to remember my first shutout to Spider.

R.I.P. Spider 7-16-10

You were very loved and will always, always be missed.
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
What a great way to remember him!  My son was a goalie for many years.  He gave it up a couple of years ago in favor of a social life.  We loved watching him play and any shutout, wonderful...  The dreams are a sign and you may warm up to the new puppy in your own time.  Perhaps you are just not quite ready yet.  I hope your mask is covered in pawprints by the end of the season!
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
judylinn

I think that your beloved spider may be coming to you in your dreams. I would love to have that happen for me, but it happens in other ways.  Sorry that you are hurting..that just speaks to the love you had for spider.  Judy

Quote 0 0