Rottiesmammandaddy
Hi everyone. It's been 10 days since I held my boy, and I still cry while I type as I'm doing now. We get his ashes back sometime tuesday, and then he'll be home where he belongs. Rottie's never been away from home, for any period of time and it killed us to let his little body go. I visit his residence everyday, to say good morning and good night, I think it helps.  The pain is lessening, but it's still there, especially when I hold his momma at night to go to sleep and when I write on his page.

I hope soon that I'm ready to share some stories that will make you smile.  I can share a quick one with you:
When Rottie was a baby, he got ill with what the vet thought might have been distemper.  We had to feed him pills, which he hated of course, and we had to feed him with a syringe because he had stopped eating on his own.  Before he took ill, he would eat like any normal 9wk old puppy would. Eventually he began to strengthen and we could see the difference in him.  He would actually lay in the closet where we had his bed, right next to ours, and bite at the air like he was playing with someone or something. He did that often, and eventually would let out a few barks with it.  To see him do it was actually cute, and it made us happy to see him 'playing' to a point.  As he grew older, he would still bite at the air and every once in a while he would set his sights on some inanimate object and bite it then bark and play with it. He didn't do it often, but when he did it was wonderful.

There's a short story for you all. I hope it brings a smile to your faces as it still brings to ours. Thank you again for all of your support.
In Loving Memory of Rottie, our baby boy
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/ROTTI002/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
scamp
I understand your pain It is such A shock. Its takes lots of time to mend as I to am finding this out.Please just let your self go with the emotions you will feel. One day you will see the rainbow after this storm. As I am learning. Some days are ok and others are hard. ( rollercoaster of grief) But know this YOU never have to be alone.I think everyone here really understands and do care.I hope you will find peace soon and instad of pain that will be replaced with good memorys. Healing and peace to you.
Quote 0 0
judylinn
love the story rottiesmom.  that is so cute.
Having his ashes back, might be hard the first few days, but in the end, for most, it is a comfort, knowing that he is home again.
its 10 weeks for me, and I still grieve for Maddie almost everyday. not the whole day like before, but morning, and especially at night. so things do change, and 10 days is such a short time.
I would love to hear more stories, and to see more pics when you are ready, Our support is here whenever you need it. Judy
Quote 0 0
Rottiesmammandaddy
Thank you guys. I hoped you would like that story, one of the many I'll be sharing. I am preparing for the ashes to come home, because I know there will be more tears shed for a little while, and of course the memories will always prevail.

I dreamt of a new puppy today, he was white with brown ears and a big brown spot on his back, and he was named Little Rottie. Maybe that will be the puppy I see someday that will come home with us, in memory of my boy.
In Loving Memory of Rottie, our baby boy
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/ROTTI002/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0