missmychevy
I haven't been to Rainbow Bridge for a while. Because I was trying to deal with things myself. I am so sorry that I tried to be tough for so long.
Yesterday (January 5th) was the first year anniversary of putting Chevy down. I feel like I am the only one that is having an issue with it. My bf does not seem as troubled or hurt by all this as I am.
My whole 2014 year has been full of thinking about Chevy and all the things we did. I cry a lot, I think a lot, I talk to Chevy. Sometimes I feel like he is right beside me. I just miss him so much it hurts so bad.
If someone came down tomorrow and said to me "I can give you Chevy back for a year"  But after that year.."You have to leave with him forever".  I would go in a heartbeat. no questions asked.
Thank you for being there.
Chevys Mom (Karen)
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Karen, I can feel your anguish and totally get your emotions.

Chevy is beautiful and I completely understand why you feel the way you do. I lost two of my beloved boys last year. My long-haired tabby, Gonzo, on July 17th, and my fabulous German Shepherd, Solly on September 22nd. I know that I will feel the same way as you after one year. If someone said the same thing to me about having my babies back for one year, then I would have to leave with them, I would go in a heartbeat too. Since they have gone, life doesn't have a great deal of meaning. The world is a much darker place.

I don't see any problem with you being the only one having an issue about missing your wonderful boy. It is testament to the obvious love you had for each other and I wouldn't feel as if there is anything wrong with that. Your bond must have been so strong and still is so you are bound to feel the way you do. Pets have a way of getting under our skin and hitting us in the softest spot. I have lost a few pets, but losing Gonzo and Solly last year, and my beautiful British Blue, Daisy, in October 2012, has definitely knocked the stuffing out of me. Some four-legged friends are simply the ultimate. They get to you in a way no other pet can. I feel that about the loss of my three in less than two years. You obviously feel the same way about Chevy.

Time, it is said, is a great healer, but I don't think we truly heal from the losses we have experienced. We simply learn to accept what is. Doing that can take more time for some people. I believe it is all in the bonding. It is all down to what a particular pet meant to us and the life we shared with them.

My sincerest thoughts are with you, and Chevy too.

Wendy

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0