Gingers_Mommy
My dear baby girl Ginger,

It's been 1 week since I last saw you alive. Since I last looked at your beautiful face. Since you last looked into my eyes. I didn't know baby girl that would be the last time. I wish I could turn back time and do things differently that night. I wish I could hug you again. Kiss you. Whisper to you how much I love you and always will. I can't even believe that an entire week has gone by. The week has been a blur of time without you. How has it flown by so fast when each second without you had felt like an eternity of heartache? ... Momma misses you. I miss your scent. I've nearly inhaled all your scent from your blanky. There's hardly any left. 😔... Sometimes I think I feel you and I look and see your absence. Your absence is everywhere in the apartment. My heart aches deeply for you. There's a heaviness over it 💔. I miss your character. Your scent. Your sounds. The gentle deep breathing when you slept next to me. Sleep in peace my angel.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Sharon,
I am so sorry for your loss! Ginger Spice was such a beautiful kitty! 💖
I went back and read your other post. It’s so difficult when you’re left with so many questions .. what if she had come when you called? What if you had locked her inside that night? Did the person driving the car realize they’d hit her? Mourning is so painful and it’s hard not to think of the “what if’s”. The certainties that you do have are that she was a happy cat (you gave Ginger Spice a wonderful life) and that she is at peace now.

I believe we will see our beautiful little friends again one day. Meanwhile I hope that coming to this forum can be a comfort to you. After my dog, Bailey, died I started writing in a journal. I dated each entry and now when I look back it is like a journal of healing. It was especially helpful on all of the firsts without him... birthdays, Christmas, etc. Maybe you would find that helpful. I can’t say that I will ever stop missing him but I can tell you that it get’s easier with time. Sending hugs,
MJ
Quote 0 0
Tig2019Michelle
Hi Gingers_Mommy it's Tig& Michelle...feeling your pain. For me it's been 4 days since my boy Tiger has gone. I miss him dearly too. He fortunately had his friends here JrBear.Max and his dog buddy Lacky which they've all been looking for him. I've woken up myself finding myself going to pick him up from the kitchen bar where he would sleep and after focusing realizing he's not here...my heart sinks...I grieve with you 😭
Quote 0 0
Tig2019Michelle
Hi Gingers_Mommy it's Tig& Michelle..I feel your pain...it's only been 4 days since I have lost Tiger..I find myself waking up to go and get him from the kitchen bar where he would sleep and after focusing realizing that he's not here. My other 2 cats have been looking for him...his bff of 12 years keep aimlessly meowing walking around the house.. looking in the closets.just searching for him..I sit with him trying to comfort him and cry. I grieve with you
Quote 0 0
Gingers_Mommy
Bailey15/MJ & Tig&Michelle,

Thank you for your words and sympathy. Mourning my girl has been so painful. This forum has been incredibly helpful, and I've been able to share my grief in ways that non pet parents just wouldn't understand. I did start a small journal in addition to posting here. That has helped too. Reading the poet poem touches my heart. The waking up to touch my baby and then being hit by that hard reality that she's not there ... that dreadful sinking feeling... my eyes go to all the spots where she used to lounge around. Her absence. My condolences for Bailey and Tiger. For your baby boys. I'm sorry they're gone. Yes we grieve together. Hugs to you both. 😔💛💛
Quote 0 0
Tig2019Michelle
Hi Gingers_Mommy.. hoping you're doing ok... we're not far apart in our loss again sorry for yours...hugs sent
Quote 0 0
Gingers_Mommy
Thanks for checking in, I'm "better" but the pain is still there. My heart still aches.
Quote 0 0
Sampson
My deepest condolences on your loss. Grieving our best friends is very painful. Ginger was a special girl and was very loved. Wishing you peace,
Sam
Quote 0 0
Gingers_Mommy
Thank you Sam. Sorry for loss too.
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Just wanted to stop by and let you know I am thinking of you. Ginger is such a beautiful baby. You may remember that was the color of my first cat. I read an article, from a reliable source, that 80% ginger cats are male and 20% are female. I did not realize that. So now you know your precious baby was really really special! Just had to share that in case you didn't know. Big hugs.
Quote 0 0
Gingers_Mommy
Thank you Becky, it fills my heart with pride. Big hugs to you too 💛
Quote 0 0