Lynn_E

44A6D711-A1FD-4A76-B651-486407E662B3.jpeg

By evening this time last week, my cat left us suddenly and unexpectedly. He was only 7.  I am anxious, sad and dreading as I count down to the time that he passed.  I plan to be home where he passed, and be with my husband and cuddle with Olivia our surviving cat.  I don't want to vacuum in any of the spots where he slept. I'm not ready. I even went into the garbage to retrieve 2 of his brushings. Thankfully I have his fur clippings from the vet and it shows his beautiful markings.  During the week, I had a sick feeling anticipating for his 1 week.  I haven't slept well, I wake up alone with my thoughts of him.  Nights are really hard.  I might get some flowers and lay them where Peter passed, on the kitchen floor.

Lynn, Peter’s mom 
Quote 0 0
Mysweetsimba
So much what you have said resonates with me. Lost my sweet Simba last year in August. I knew something wasn't right the night he had his last and I even went to sleep in the lounge in case anything happened, which it did.  So the anniversary is coming up. I did not touch any of this stuff for months. I didn't vacuum his spots either. Anything that were bits of him was treasured. Buddhists practice a tradition where you meditate daily on them and keep all their things and after a specific period of time you then remove everything. I didn't, I started though. When I went on holiday in November, I came back and finally removed his litter box. 
Don't rush it. Cry. But remember that he is more then the final moments and circle back to why you love him and the joy you had because of him. Move your current experience to how amazing he was from him having cancer and losing his battle. This won't happen over night but it will. You might need additional help around this, and if you do take it. Loss of our sweet pets are devestating. I am so so sorry you are going through this. I pray that your time in mourning is short and you find your way back to the pure happy love you had for him. 
Quote 1 0
Lynn_E
Dear Mysweetsimba,
Thank you for reminding me that Peter is more than his final moments, that is so true. Today is another hurdle to overcome. I am sorry about your sweetsimba. I send you warm hugs for his upcoming anniversary.  I just came back from the store and got fresh cat grass in place of flowers, to lay where Peter had passed (kitchen floor). My other cat can enjoy the grass.  
Lynn, Peter’s mom 
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Dear LE,

I am very saddened and sorry to learn of your loss and of your beloved cat "Peter." He sure was a handsome fellow indeed.

Leaving grass as a tribute to him is a lovely and gracious gesture on your part.

I read through your prior posts and comments and you can easily tell just how much you loved and adored your boy. Just imagine how he felt each time you looked at him. You provided him with love and he knew he was cherished. And you provided him with a safe, loving, comfortable home where he truly mattered. Where he was an important member of your family. All cats should be so blessed.

May God bless and keep you and yours during this challenging and difficult time. I am glad that Peter and your paths crossed all those years ago and that he had a good life filled with happy moments and memories.

Kind regards and my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 2 0
Lynn_E
Thank you James. Your kind words mean a lot to me. 
Lynn, Peter’s mom 
Quote 0 0
DDs_Mom_12
Lynn

It makes one week today that we lost our cat, DD, so I know exactly how you feel.  He was fine the day before.  We rushed him to the vet to be told he was in shock and in very critical condition.  They said he had a mass in his stomach.  They were performing CPR on him and called to ask if they were to continue; we said to just let him go.  He is buried in our yard above his sister Sabrina. 

You are among pet parents who are going through the same thing.  It will take a while, but the pain will soon be replaced by memories of Peter.  Peter was so fortunate to have had a mom like you who totally adored him and cared lovingly for him.   I know this from experience having volunteered at several animal rescue groups to which heartless "owners" surrendered animals because they were  moving, had a new baby, no longer had time, too much trouble, etc.  So, see, Lynn, your heart should joyful that you gave Peter such a loving home, and there is no doubt in my mind that Peter knew he was loved!  Not all animals are so lucky! 

We both must give ourselves some time, but the pain will indeed pass.  In my situation, I donated money to the animal rescue from which I adopted him.  I feel that I will be helping homeless animals in his memory and this helps to give me some peace.

Sue
Quote 1 0
Amb06
Hi Lynn,

I'm coming up on the one week after my dog passed away, and am still having trouble sleeping and my appetite is next to none. You loved your Peter so much and I know he loved you, and you did what was best for him, and were there for him when he needed it. Don't rush yourself during this grieving process and do what you need to do. I'm trying not to let the last hours I had with my girl overshadow the years of good memories with her, which helps me a little. I'm thinking of you and sending comfort and healing vibes your ways. We'll get through this. ❤️
Andrea Bridges
Quote 1 0
Lynn_E
Thank you for the kind words, sharing your stories and sending comfort. I contacted the rescue place where I adopted peter. I plan to drop off donations and I need to find a companion for Olivia eventually, when I’m ready. 
Lynn, Peter’s mom 
Quote 0 0