amandastoughton09
It's been 1 week since I looked into them big Brown eye's 1 week since we said I love you 1 week since I held you in my arm's 1 week since you left me 1 week of me missing you 1 week of crying 1 week not understanding why 1 week of you not being here with me. 1 week Dude I miss you more then I ever thought was possible to miss anyone
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
Hi Amanda... I'm so sorry for your loss xoxo. I remember the first week without my Wiley it was horrifying... I walked around like a zombie crying uncontrollably, missing days of work leaving work early... Trying so hard to be strong but the hole in my life was just such a big gap there was nothing I could do. Trying to be so strong when everybody told me I did the right thing... But all I could think was my best friend of 15 years was gone and nothing else mattered anymore. My Wiley had cancer. For months we all thought it was chronic sinusitis. We never imagined it was cancer but the last day that I took him to the vet, we realized that it had to be because he was losing weight and his breathing was getting so bad... That was the day I said goodbye to my best friend. That was 22 weeks ago, and most days still feel like the first. I don't cry hysterically all day anymore as I'm sure you are at this point, but I do cry everyday so I want you to know that your questions and your confusion and your heartache are all completely normal and you've come to a terrific site full of people who don't know you, but will do everything they can to reassure you that you did the right thing or if it wasn't something you had to choose, that you did nothing wrong and your beloved pet was beyond aware of how much you love them. Please don't ever question how you cared for them or if they knew how much you love them... Because they did and they love you even more than you can fathom. I promise you you will see your precious baby again in we all thought we all thought it was chronic because he was losing weight and his breathing was getting so bad dot dot dot that was the day I said goodbye to my books front. It was 22 weeks ago, in most days still feel like the first. I don't cry sister clear all day anymore design sure you are at this point, but I do cry over today so I want you to know did your questions in your confusion in your heart ache are all completely normal and you come to look terrific site full of people who don't know you, but will do everything they can to reassure you that you did the right thing or if it wasn't something you have to choose, but you did nothing wrong and your beloved pot was beyond aware ok how much you love them. Please don't ever question how you cared for them or if they knew how much you love them dot dot dot because they did and I love you even more than you can sell them. I promise you you will see your precious baby again in heaven. I know those are just words right now, but that is our solace. Your baby is free of any pain or health problems and they are running around in the sunshine waiting for you when it is your time. Until that day, please know that you are never alone and you can come to this site as often as you like and post thoughts and memories and tears... And there will always be somebody here to comfort you and to listen. If you are able, I would love to know more about your pet... please know they are always with you, and they will leave things for you to find just to remind you that they really aren't completely gone... But the pain you feel has its own timeline. Only your heart will decide when you are done grieving and we will be with you every step of the way xoxo please feel free to come to the chat room, everyone is there usually after 8:30 p.m. Eastern Time... They have helped me so much being able to talk about Wiley's passing. I honestly don't think the pain ever goes away completely, but it's comforting to know so many people understand.

Much love and prayers,
Stacie
Quote 0 0
amandastoughton09
He was healthy Rottweiler he was my baby dog 10 years young. He past away in my arms after having 3 seizures. He was fine all day till I herd him make a sound. I went to the kitchen and he couldn't move. I called him and called him he only looked at me with his big Brown eye's unable to move or make a noise. Then he had another seizure small one about an hour later while vet was on the phone he had a third seizure in my arms. While I was screaming how much I loved him he knew I was there and upset because he looked at me. I know it sounds silly but he looked at me. With all his love he could see me and my pain and he just kept looking at me. The vet said there was nothing he could do. My Dude died in my husband and my arms at 11:27 that night. As soon as he herd my husband say I'm sorry Dude I love you. He took his last breath.
Quote 0 0
Chucksmom
My heart goes out to you... I just lost my Rottweiler too, and their big beautiful souls are unlike any other, irreplaceable. The void left without them feels like a black hole... It's so unfair and makes no sense why they can be in perfect health one moment, and then boom- your entire life is just shattered... And ya, I know that somehow things will be alright, but right now just feels so empty and lonely... I'm so sorry you had to go through this tragedy, but know you are not alone
Quote 0 0
camunki
Hi Amanda, 1 week is so fresh and raw, and I am sure going to bed at nite and waking up in the morning is the toughest time, the house also feeling so empty. You are grieving. And i am sure the images of you last nite with Dude will haunt you for a long time. I am glad you
and your hubby were able to say I love you to Dude. And yes, sometimes in life our pets take a turn for the worse healthwise. In a matter
of days, or hours. My Munki passed away Dec 3rd, she was fine with her eating on that Monday and by Wednesday she stopped eating
and had breathing problems and was PTS on thursday, in a matter of a few days her health declined drastically.

I have a Rotti now who is 10 y/o and she is our last dog in our home, after losing 2 pets last year. She is soulful and loving.

May your Dude by your guardian angel now..til you meet again

Cam

Quote 0 0
amandastoughton09
My baby dog
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Amanda, what a beautiful boy Dude was, I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Even though it was totally unexpected, Dude would have been so glad both you and your husband were with him, and the last words he heard were your husbands. 
  The grief you are feeling right now is so fresh, I was in your place just over 5 weeks ago when we had to have our beloved Jim put to sleep. You walk around in a complete nightmare for days, just wondering how to get through the next hour, let alone the next day. But you will get through - even though you`ll think it`s getting better, then another memory will kick in - you will start to heal gradually. Our Jim was our baby, we have no kids, and he was so special - but I have just about accepted he is gone to a better place - even though I would give anything just to see him once more. This forum is a great place, everyone is so kind, they`ve all been or are going through this immense loss themselves. Sending you hugs, Jackie.xxx
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
aaww sweetie, hugs to you during this time of grief.  it will be 4 weeks tomorrow that my service dog roxie left me (well, rather I let her go to a better place because the er vet doubted she would make it through the night after having restarted her heart via cpr plus she was making like a death rattle so I asked him to stop lifesaving efforts and just allow her to cross the bridge) and those first 2 weeks had to be the worse I've ever lived through - I felt like a zombie; couldn't sleep; had no appetite.  we all know what you are going through and if we all could reach out and hug each other we would.  the feelings may come to you as very gentle waves (not at first) which when you remember you tear up or massive tsunami type waves (feel like you can't breathe, cry uncontrollably, and we just can't stop blaming ourselves which makes this type of wave worse).  I was always told that time heals all wounds and each person progresses at the rate which is right for them.  grieve the way you and your husband need to over dude and try to picture him across the bridge younger and healthy with no more seizures to wrack his body or mind.  dude is there playing and running with the rest of our passed babies for now but one day he will stop, put his head and nose up and see you walking across that same bridge where he will then be running straight for you.  our babies never forget us and they never stop loving us.  try to talk to dude when you feel up to it and know that he will hear your voices.  many many hugs, thoughts and prayers to you and your husband.
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
amandastoughton09
My daughter asked me if I would take her to the rainbow bridge to see him. I don't know how to explain it to them I didn't give him away he was taken from us. She is 5 my 7 year old keeps asking me if I'm ok. They have never lost anyone before. I don't know how to go on. I try but most days I feel like a zombie. I go to sleep crying I wake up crying. I cry in the rest room at work. I cry at the thought of coming home to an empty driveway. Where he use to greet me. I cry at him empty spot in the living room. I cry at the empty spot outside my girl's room where he layed as if to protect them. I cry at the empty foot steps in the night from him pacing the house maken sure the house is all right. I cry watching TV I don't have him to pet. I don't have his smelly gas in the air. His name was dude I work at a high school where they all use that word. I don't make it thru without sudden tears. I cry when I see the box they put him in after cremation. I got a sympathy card from his vet. I cried walking from the mail box he use to check with me. The news paper is still there he use to bring it to us. I cry at the thought of him over the bridge with other animals he was afraid of other animals tiny and large. I worry he is scared and I'm not there to calm him down. I just need to see he is alright.
Quote 0 0