Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 73      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
jonancy

Reply with quote  #16 
William

My heart goes out to you. 7 is way to young to go, I felt cheated at just turning 12. But I would have felt cheated no matter how long Scooter lived. I don't want to forget him, I just want the pain to end. I hope Onyx won't have the same troubles as Apollo.

My thoughts are with you.

Jonancy
Beesmom123

Reply with quote  #17 
Jonancy
My heart goes out to you, your loss is still so fresh and raw
Your Scooter is surely looking down on you and sending you all the love and energy possible to help you cope during this time

I'm glad you had a chance to get out and enjoy the concert, reminders which can bring sadness will always follow those of us who have suffered such a life altering loss, but as time passes there will be more things that trigger memories of joyful times. It happens to me more often now and often its folks posting fond memories of their fur angels, it's amazing how much we have in common here. The main thing of course is a great love for animals

Sending wishes of peace and comfort to you
Diana

Reply with quote  #18 
Diana

Thank you. People on this forum really do understand, that's why I feel so comfortable here. I do want to believe Scooter is looking down and sending me energy. At times the guilt overwhelms me, I'm afraid he's mad because I couldn't help him...it happened so fast. He was healthy and the next morning we are told he's bleeding internally and wouldn't make it through the day. My mind still is having a hard time comprehending this. I guess I need to be reassured by friends here who are going through this too.

Thank you again

Jonancy...Scooters mama
Dalidog

Reply with quote  #19 
Scooters Mom..  I hope you are doing okay.  People have told me that it gets easier with time, but today is 25 long weeks for me, next Friday will be 6 months.  Every day seems like an eternity since I lost my Dali, yet I feel like it was yesterday.  I cry and cry everyday still....still, no mascara because it wouldn't stay on.  It is so hard to adjust to this new "normal".  People still ask me if I am "okay" and I still tell them I will NEVER be "okay", my life is forever different.  The emptiness and quietness are so hard to deal with, yet I am finally starting to do more celebrating Dali than being angry.  However, the waves come and go and I feel like I am on a roller coaster.  I do all I can to keep her beautiful memory fresh and honor her every day of my life.  I envy those that can bring another furbaby into their lives and experience that joy, but I have no desire to do that...couldn't take the pain and feel that Dali will always be the best part of my life.  Everyone is different and everyone grieves differently and in their own time.  This experience has been the hardest thing I have ever done.  Your Scooter is beautiful and will always be with you.  Hugs to you and Scooter from me and Dali.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

jonancy

Reply with quote  #20 
Dalidog

I'm doing okay, I hope you are. I had heard time helps too, six weeks seems like an eternity without him but at the same time seems like it was just yesterday. I like how you are trying to remember the good and celebrating Dali. One day,hopefully, I will get there. I keep remembering the last day of his life.

I am so sorry for the pain you feel these six months without Dali. Thank you for sharing. You are right no matter what Scooter will always be with me just as Dali will always be a part of you. What a sweet dog your Dali is.

Hugs to you and Dali

Jonancy

Dalidog

Reply with quote  #21 
Your Scooter is adorable and I know he is still with you.  I don't think the pain will ever get any less, but with great love comes great pain.  I have had many dogs over the years, but Dali was a part of me.  I always grieved when they left, but never like this.  I think we were in tune with each others thoughts and movements and she is the light of my life and always will be.  It is still very soon for you so I know exactly what you are going through.  When you look for them and they aren't there, or call them and realize they aren't coming.  The pain is unbearable.  I, too, wish there was something I could say that would help ease your pain, but this new normal is an adjustment none of us wanted.  The fact we had them is a blessing and the joy they brought us is priceless.  I know you, like me, wouldn't trade one moment of our time we had to lesson this grief, it is worth it.  Remembering the last day of their life is so hard and we all go over and over and over it, wondering how we could have changed it or done differently.  I know our angels would want us to focus on all the good days, and there are so many, instead of that last one very sad one.  It is easier said than done, but I pray we all get to that point eventually.  I keep your little Scooter in my heart and prayers along with Dali and all the angels at the bridge.  If only humans could be more like them, it would be a better world.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

jonancy

Reply with quote  #22 
Oh Dalidog, you are so right that if humans could be like them it would be a better world. Scooter was such a loveable little guy, I miss him so much. Now with nicer weather, I see people walking their dogs and it brings me a wave of emotion. Scooter loved being on the porch, he was king of his porch, going from one end to the other looking out. He was a little character with a great personality. I told someone about him dying, and she said "at least he went fast". When I said that doesn't help me, I got " oh well". Luckily she didn't say he was just a dog. I can't bear to hear that. I have a cousin who keeps saying "get another dog". She has said this so many times that when I see her phone number come up on caller ID, I don't answer it. The house is very quiet and my arms feel so empty. Like you told someone else, if and when the time comes to get another, I will know.
Someone telling me to is not going to make me.

Thank you for your comforting words, I pray that all of us who are suffering get comfort. This is so hard but I wouldn't give up having and loving him even if I knew ahead of time what I would be going through now!

Hugs....maybe Scooter and Dali are friends along with the others. You remain in my thoughts and prayers at this six week mark.

Jonancy...Scooters mama

jonancy

Reply with quote  #23 
Hey baby

Mama's here again because I'm missing you so much. Do you know I still talk to you, say goodnight to you, and want to hold you again so bad it hurts. You were the best dog anyone could ever have and mama is so proud of you. Scooter, I will never forget you! The house is not the same, I'm not doing my usual nightly Suduko puzzles. You have to be on my lap to do them. Mama's not doing a lot of usual things. Mama still expects you to be waiting when I walk into the door. I want to stop crying Scooter, but the only way is if I can see you again. I hope you are happy at the bridge, there are a lot of missed furbabies there. Daddy had a good dream about you last night, I want a good dream too so I know you are okay. I had a nightmere the night you left, so I need a dream now. Oh baby, how I miss you! It's going to be nice out soon, all the snow is gone. You should be going out on the porch that you loved so much. You were the king of the porch, I'm going to miss this. Mama's crying again and I know you don't like it when I cry so I'm going now.

Hugs and kisses my little honey nut.

Mama
May2nd1997_to_Feb23rd2015

Reply with quote  #24 
Good morning Scooter's Mom.

I've been reading your posts and my heart goes out to you. I also just had my cry, my morning cry in the car. My long haired Dachshund passed on February 23. He would have been 18 on may 2nd. His name was Skibby. The love of my life. :-)

I have a miracle I want to share with everyone in a separate post. I'm waiting though for the right time to sit and write down the words. I was distressed and had asked my beloved Skibby for a sign. He gave me one. There is no doubt in my mind. I will write about this experience soon.

Al
jonancy

Reply with quote  #25 
Al

Thank you for your kind words. My heart goes out to you, dachshunds are so special. I am anxiously waiting to read your miracle. I need one to know Scooter is okay. Scooter and Skibby at rainbow bridge together, what a great feeling. Two wiener dogs running around! 18 years is wonderful to have, the loss must be terrible. Scooter was fine and the next day we found out he was bleeding internally and nothing could be done. He just turned 12 on 1-18-15. He was the love of my life too.

Thank you for writing and again my heart goes out to you.

Jonancy...Scooters mama
ahartofilis

Reply with quote  #26 
Hello Joancy, I just want you to know that I appreciate where you're  at with the loss of Scooter. Last night I read your posts again which motivated me to go to the topic under Coco's 6 week anniversary. I remember writing that poem for her with tears flowing the entire time. I think I was also just starting to realize that this is permanent and she is not coming back! I was an emotional mess Joancy.
 There is no reasoning with that kind of grief. Just when you think you are doing better, something will trigger a memory and its many steps back. Scooter must be a real love. Just the way you describe him is so endearing. I felt like all of my routines meant nothing without her. To this day, I have been so affected by her loss that I don't do a lot of things in life that I used to. Yet I also realize that a lot of those things were very superficial in nature. I feel as though I would do better to simplify my life in a lot of ways. I also realize as much as I would have liked to advance my career or take on other interests, nothing can take the place of the relationships that we have with our beloved animals.
  I think you are changing a lot too. I always wrote about how I need to figure out my life without Coco. I have learned a lot of painful lessons through her loss. She gave so much to me. I will not allow her life to count for nothing! We all have our own journey to take in life. Your boy Scooter was a true source of love, light, energy, for you!
 I read your response on my thread as well, thanks, my girl Coco was a very friendly soul. I know that she has befriended Scooter. She is good like that. Take care, many hugs to you and Scooter..................Sincerely, Andrea
jonancy

Reply with quote  #27 
Thank you Andrea for your kind words. I am an emotional mess, sometimes I wonder if it's normal and then I come to this forum and realize it is. Hearing from you and others who have gone through this process before me really helps. Scooter had such a personality, sometimes he seemed like a little kid instead of a dog. He would get excited if he heard an egg crack, running down the hallway doing circles. I call him my little honey nut because if he saw me getting the box of Cheerios down he would go nuts. A little taste was all that was needed. He was constantly by my side or on my lap, if I kissed or hugged my husband he had to have a kiss and a hug. Was he spoiled? YES!!! But I don't care. He was there for me through good and bad. When I had a cast on my leg, he was sitting next to me and he started growling at the wall. I looked behind me and there was a centipede, he jumped off the couch and got my husband. Scooter looked so happy that he saved his mama. When my husband was in the hospital, Scooter didn't want to lay down to sleep. He was on alert until my husband came home. He was very protective, but also so friendly. Sorry I'm going on and on, just have an incredible need to tell these things about my boy. Scooter loved everybody and everything, except centipedes. I misshim terribly. I thought after this much time I would be doing better, thank you for understanding. I am trying very hard to learn how to deal with this new life.

Coco was blessed to have you as a mom!

Hugs

Jonancy. Scooters mama
jonancy

Reply with quote  #28 
Hi baby
Mama had a very emotional day today. Daddy had to have surgery. He's okay, but I was so scared while he was in the surgery. Having lost you so fast and suddenly has made me very nervous I found out. I was okay at the hospital, keeping my emotions in check, but when I came home and walked through the door it hit me. I think I am under too much stress and can't take anymore. I miss you so much it's affecting other aspects of my life. Mama is really tired, so I'm going to bed early. Hoping I dream of you, I haven't yet.

Love and miss you my little honey nut.

Mama

Reply with quote  #29 
Scooter is with you Nancy. He loved you and you loved him. It doesn't end with his passing.

The miracle I mentioned happened a couple of weeks ago. I get a lot of comfort from that experience. I still cry though for my beautiful Skibby, but I know he's with me and that helps me move forward.

Some might say the miracle I'm talking about was a coincidence but I think not.

In the mornings I typically make coffee, check my email, and then look at google news for the latest news stories. As the day progresses (I work at home) I'll check my email numerous times and revisit google news to see what else has happened in the world.

One morning at home a couple of weeks ago I was particularly distressed and distraught over the loss of my dog. As I worked I spoke out loud to Skibby. (I find that speaking his name is comforting.) At one point I asked him to give me a sign. I asked him repeatedly. I was crying, I was a mess.

Shortly after that I went and checked again my email and revisited google news. There was a news story about a Dachshund. I was stunned. The article was about a grossly overweight Dachshund that had lost weight and now required surgery to remove the excess skin. I said to myself what significance could this story possibly have to me and Skibby. There was a photo of the overweight short haired Dachshund. As I looked at the Dachshund's face It all started to click. That beautiful Dachshund face was creating soothing feelings in me. That was the point, the purpose, to make me feel better. Isn't that amazing. I really believe that. From that point on I have believed that he is with me, but in another dimension if you will.

And I've been having a lot of noise in my ears lately. Not ringing but like a white noise. It varies in loudness during the course of a day. In the middle of the night last night it was particularly loud. It didn't wake me, I just woke up on my own, in the middle of the night. I remember feeling very warm and comfortable when I woke. The noise was actually pleasant. I have this notion that what I'm hearing has something to do with Skibby's energy and presence. When I woke I even said hi baby. I would often call him baby and other pet names as well.

Scooter is with you Nancy. It's just different now. But he's there. I think you might find comfort in knowing that. :-)

Al

Reply with quote  #30 
Scooter is beautiful by the way. When I was married we had two miniature Black and Tan sort haired Dachshunds. They're names were Guinness and Seamus. They were so beautiful. I loved them so. When my wife and I separated she got me Skibby. I wasn't too thrilled at the time. I remember thinking "this dog is going to tie me down" and, "I really want a big dog not a little dog". That dog was the best thing that ever happened to me! :-)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.