Forum

Author   Comment   Page 72 of 73     «   Prev   69   70   71   72   73   Next
neesy369

Reply with quote  #1066 
Hi Lori, thank you for your kind words. It means so very much.  I guess I just thought that I was getting better and accepting the fact that Sammy is gone and is not coming back, but then all of a sudden on the 2 month mark and broke down and it feels like I am now moving backwards.  Thank you so much for your advice, it helps me to realize i am not going crazy.  Also so sorry for your loss of your Daisy and Luna.  God Bless

Lrogers424

Reply with quote  #1067 
Hi Neesy,
It is so hard to come to terms with the finality of it all.  For months after, I would still look for Daisy...thinking I could see the swish of her tail just around the corner, just out of reach.  Our hearts and home felt so empty without her so we adopted again in October 2018; 3 1/2 months after Daisy passed. Luna came to us as an 8 week old puppy needing loads of attention, training, patience and time.  Luna is now 6 months and has helped to mend our broken hearts.  Love with Luna did take time (just like with Daisy), but I remember the moment I realized that she had wiggled her way into my heart.  She will never replace Daisy, she is her own, happy little girl and is equally loved.  I am fortunate to have 3 wonderful children.  I love them all and welcoming each home one did not mean I loved the my other children any less.  The love grew with each addition to our family.  Now, as my kids are grown and now beginning their own college and adult lives, having Luna has filled our empty nest and our hearts.  On my own thread; Adoption After Loss, a very generous member of this community told me that maybe is was our job to love as many souls as we could during our life time. That helped me tremendously to move forward with Luna.

It is a huge loss, don't underestimate it.  So many people in my life seemed to downplay the loss, that it was "just a dog."  But Daisy was not "just a dog" she was my family, my baby and my dear, sweet friend.  I suspect Sammy was the same for you. Take good care of yourself and give yourself the time and space to heal.

Reply with quote  #1068 
Thank you Lori,

I did have to adopt another little dog for Sammy's little Chihuahua brother.  He was so lost, he would not eat, whined and slept all day.  He adored Sammy.  Almost every picture we have of Sammy, Chino was right there next to him.  I did not want my Chino to die of a broken heart.  I do not think I was ready for a new dog, but I did it for Chino.  I am slowly warming up to the little guy.  He is very cute and friendly and can't believe someone would just drop him off at a shelter.  Anyway...I am sure we will give him a good home and he is good company to my Chino.  He will never replace Sammy.  No one will ever replace him.  He was my soulmate and I will never love anyone or anything as much as him.  thank you again Lori and God bless you.

Denise Sam (Sammy)'s mommy

neesy369

Reply with quote  #1069 
Good morning my handsome sunshine.

I hope you are doing well and are having fun at the RB. Today is mommy's birthday. I sure do wish you were here with me to celebrate. Since you are not, I do not feel much like celebrating. You are here with me in my heart though. You are the greatest gift I could or ever will have. I cherish and thank you for every moment of the 12 and a half years we spent together. I couldn't have asked for anything else. You were/are my everything. Thank you for all of your love and protection and everything you did and continue to do for mommy. I love you more than life itself my baby, and I miss you more than you can imagine. I hope, if you are able to, you will come to me in my dreams soon. I will write again soon my love of my life. Please don't forget me, and please wait for mommy. That will be the only gift I could ever ask for again is to be with you forever one day. I love you, I love you, I love you, love mommy

Sammy, my one and only Always and Forever

Sam (Sammy)
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/SAMSA005/Resident.htm

jonancy

Reply with quote  #1070 
Hi Neesy
I am so sorry for your loss, it does get easier with time....basicly you learn to live without your love.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you are using my "1 month feels like forever", you should open up your own posting site. It would be easier for both of us. When you do, please tell us more about your furbaby.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is especially in the beginning. What helped me the most was this forum and after 13 months we rescued a five month old abused Dachshund. He really rescued me more than I rescued him.

Take care
Jonancy...Scooter's Mama
jonancy

Reply with quote  #1071 
Hi Scooter
Mama loves and misses you. Please be friends with Sammy, his Mommy is not doing very well. She misses him so much.
Always and forever,
Mama
neesy369

Reply with quote  #1072 
sorry Jonancy.  I am still not that familiar with this site.
jonancy

Reply with quote  #1073 
You don't have to apologize, I know what you are going through. My heart breaks reading your posts and at first I didn't know if I should say something to you about this. Please know there is nothing to be sorry for!
Take care,
Jonancy...Scooter's Mama
neesy369

Reply with quote  #1074 
Thank you Jonancy.  I took your advice and opened up a new topic.  I didn't realize you could do that.  Praying for your healing as well.
shantismom

Reply with quote  #1075 
Hi Jonancy, Over four years since your sweet Scooter crossed over, can you believe how quickly time goes?  I hope you are doing well, just wanted to say "Hello".
Marlene

Reply with quote  #1076 
Hi Marlene

It's so great to hear from you! I can't believe it's four years already for me. Sometimes it still feels so new still. You and others at the forum helped me so much, I don't know how I made it this far. Time sure does go by fast, we already have had Ranger almost three years. I can't believe how far he's come, from an abused, undernourished five month old afraid of everything, to a healthy very protective Mama's boy. (he knows all about Scooter, in fact sometimes I swear it's him)

How are you doing? Thanks for stopping by to say hello, it means a lot to me.

Take care my friend,
Jonancy...Scooter's Mama
shantismom

Reply with quote  #1077 
Jonancy,
I am doing well.  When Shanti died we had another cat, she is now over 10 years old.  She is a sweetheart but she also has some health issues.  Nothing life threatening for which I am grateful.  I remember so well the people who helped me through, we shared our heartache and it made the journey easier.  I will always miss Shanti, sometimes I can still cry when I think of him, I am sure you feel the same way about your Scooter.  
I hope you and your Ranger have many happy years together 
I am rarely on this forum, I look in from time to time just to see if anyone is posting.
Take care, it is so nice to touch base with you again.
Marlene

Reply with quote  #1078 

Scooters Mom...  It was sooooo good to hear from you.  Today is 4 1/2 years since my Dali left.  You learn to go on, but the grief is always there.  I feel Dali's absence every day.  Her sister Luna was 16 on Christmas day.  I have been nursing her, probably too much, to make sure she has every opportunity to live every day intended.  I always had guilt feelings that Dali was taken at 12...much too young.  Luna and Dali were inseperable and when Dali comes to get her it will be very hard but , in ways, comforting that I know they are together.  

I still see little Scooter dogs everywhere and always think of your angel.  I hope you are doing better.  I, myself, have had my share of health issues lately.  God bless you....and prayers for Scooter.

Dali's mom

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

MyBella

Reply with quote  #1079 
Hi Jonancy,

Hope this finds you and your husband doing well and being able to enjoy some sunny spring weather. I'm sure Ranger is being such an adorable boy, keeping his Mommy company while watching your beloved ball team play, Hey!!! they are off to a great start, even leading their division, maybe this will be their year, I'm sure Scooter is showing them how to run those base paths and of course how to eat multiple hot dogs at once.
Scooter is a busy boy, between helping out your team and making sure to whisper in Rangers ear with hints and tips for taking care of their loving Mama, your Scooter is such a good boy.

Say hi to your husband for me, let him know I send my positive thoughts his way for good health, and always my biggest wishes for the continued peace and healing to you both, may your handsome Scooter find ways to let you know he is never far away, always listening to his loving Mama's voice. 

Give Ranger big belly rubs and be sure to spoil him with treats from his uncle Don.

Your Friend Always, Don
jonancy

Reply with quote  #1080 
HAPPY EASTER SCOOTER!! Mama and Daddy misses you, but I know you are having fun with all your friends and I still feel your presence and know you are guiding Ranger. Run and have fun my little honey nut!

Always and forever,
Mama
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.