Tomorrow is one month since I lost my sweet Roxie, it's just as hard today as it was the day it happened, today especially I'm grilling out for the first time this spring and she isn't laying next to the grill she had this way of assuming I was always cooking for her, the leash that she used outside is still here I should move it but just can't get myself to fo it. Took my first walk without her this morning which was so hard, my baby girl is really gone, I still feel her in the house and it brings me some relief, nothing will ever be the same when I go hiking this summer my buddy won't be with me, she was such a great dog. She took a huge part of me with her. I miss you baby girl, funny her name was Roxie but I always called her baby girl and she came to both.
Quote 0 0
Mackysmum
Roxie is very beautiful she looks really smart like she has so much to say
I'm sorry you lost your baby girl
It is 5 weeks since my boy macky left , it feels so long since we could hug them first it .
It still feels surreal to me how about you ?
Quote 0 0
Mackysmum wrote:
Roxie is very beautiful she looks really smart like she has so much to say
I'm sorry you lost your baby girl
It is 5 weeks since my boy macky left , it feels so long since we could hug them first it .
It still feels surreal to me how about you ?
Quote 0 0
Thank you she was a very smart girl, and yes to me it all feels very surreal, when I went for a walk today I had her collar in my pocket makes me feel like she's there, and I kept thinking I would do anything for just one more walk, but I know one more would never be enough,our walks were our time she wouldn't walk with my daughter or husband it had to be just her and I. She was definitely my girl funny we had dogs growing up all the time, I don't remember a time we didn't have one but none of them captured my heart like my Roxie, I miss her more than I knew possible. So sorry for your lost as well, I know what you mean about wanting to hug them one more time, people keep telling me to adopt another dog, but the thing is right now I'm not ready because I don't want another dog, I want my Roxie. Take care of yourself
Quote 0 0
Mackysmum
You will know when the times right for another dog , but know that in time getting another dog will gice you love again not replace your Roxie but give your love to another dog .
It's werid we know we will miss them when thry go yet its surreal i did not know how much i needed macky till he left , i mean I knew I needed him cause i loved him fiercy but it wasn't till he left that it hit me so strong how much I needed him .
I hope you start to feel some brighter days , they do come.
I've been remembering the funny things macky use to do and sharing it with family makes us all laugh he truly was such a massive presence in our house a absolute massive personality
Quote 0 0
Olgita256
3266 what a gorgeous girl!!! Those eyes!!! I’m 6 months into losing my boy. I just want you to know that time does help. I thought I’d never stop crying and hurting... I have days when I cry a bit but not as much... slowly I’m starting to remember happy memories. I had so much guilt and “what ifs “... I can see clearly now that he was old and sick. I think we just have to go through it and let it out...let it ALL out! There were times I would lay in bed and cry and kick and stretch cause it felt like something had been ripped from me. I think the bond we have with our pets is greater than any other... they never held grudges...they never hurt us ... never left us....they never betrayed us.... PURE PURE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE 💕
Quote 0 0
Olgita256 wrote:
3266 what a gorgeous girl!!! Those eyes!!! I’m 6 months into losing my boy. I just want you to know that time does help. I thought I’d never stop crying and hurting... I have days when I cry a bit but not as much... slowly I’m starting to remember happy memories. I had so much guilt and “what ifs “... I can see clearly now that he was old and sick. I think we just have to go through it and let it out...let it ALL out! There were times I would lay in bed and cry and kick and stretch cause it felt like something had been ripped from me. I think the bond we have with our pets is greater than any other... they never held grudges...they never hurt us ... never left us....they never betrayed us.... PURE PURE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE 💕
Quote 0 0
Thank you, yes her eyes always sparkled so much life and joy in those eyes it was hard when she lost that. I am so sorry for your lost. Your baby is beautiful as well, your right that unconditional love is so missed I to cry so much but I have bbeen able to face that I did what was best for her, ad she's at peace. She gave me almost 12 years of spunk and love, I got her when she was 8 weeks from the humane society and she lived a wonderful life. Good luck to you.
Quote 0 0
catiebee
My, but Roxie was beautiful! She looks so intelligent in that photo.

I'm so sorry for your loss and for all the distress and upheaval it has brought you. Grief, though such a necessary process, is exhausting and very hard to bear, especially soon after. Different members here have spoken of how hard first times are, like your first time grilling out and your sweet one not being there, unlike the way things always were for years before. These are tough adjustments and it takes a very long while to get over the hurt. I think we miss them forever, but the harder edges of the grief ease in time. Wishing you comfort!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
catiebee wrote:
My, but Roxie was beautiful! She looks so intelligent in that photo.

I'm so sorry for your loss and for all the distress and upheaval it has brought you. Grief, though such a necessary process, is exhausting and very hard to bear, especially soon after. Different members here have spoken of how hard first times are, like your first time grilling out and your sweet one not being there, unlike the way things always were for years before. These are tough adjustments and it takes a very long while to get over the hurt. I think we miss them forever, but the harder edges of the grief ease in time. Wishing you comfort!
Quote 0 0
Thank you. She was a beautiful girl and such a smart girl. Your right the firsts are so different nothing is the same anymore, I have the hardest time just being home I keep myself busy all the time when I'm at work or out and about it's a bit easier but home where she is supposed to be is always hard, I guess it's good that I'm at least beginning to remember all the good memories of her as opposed to the last month which was very difficult, posting on here and reading other stories has helped me realize I'm not alone in how I feel.
Quote 0 0